What's new

VHP leader Togadia gives call for economic boycott of Muslims in India

What are the chances of that happening, realistically speaking

I dont think there will be any problem there.. We have already had 3 Muslim presidents and a sikh president and prime minister. The only challenge at this time is that I dont see any muslim front runner in any of the parties but who knows..

Of course, the justice was delayed, but the trials are still ongoing and punishment is being delivered. Although the healing is still not complete. I follow the Gujarat trials quite closely, and although I wish that the trials were speeded up, its much better than for example the judicial inquiries in the '84 sikh riots or the 92-93 Mumbai riots.

Still the political punishment was probably the biggest punishment that got delivered.

yeah political punishment for murdering innocent kids and women ?..And do enlighten me how many people have been put behind bars, forget the fact that the likes of people who are responsible for this are openly preaching at colleges.

Explain to me one thing, 166 people died in Bombay and today it is mentioned among indians like a holocaust

So many innocent muslims died in that genocide of sorts and indians here brush it off with statements like yeah we gotta constitution and these people have a right to preach destruction of muslims cuz its a free country

Your government allows the destruction of mosques by Hindu fundos, allows them to murder 2000 Indian Muslims, allows them to call a national boycott against them, when will it start arresting these people for breaking the secularism you guys keep harping about?

prove your claim.

destruction of mosque - Government did what they could do best to avoid it.

murder of 2000 muslims - cases are pending and culprits are behind bars as per the evidence.

buycott of muslims - do you take it seriously :rofl:

India is a democratic country, togadiyas and thakreys can say whatever they want, it doesn't matter to other.Don't 'KKK' people held rally? does that mean U.S. is racist or U.S. government allows racism?

And what do you know about secularism, do you represent ant secular country?

Hindu fundamentalists have only one recourse. Whenever they get a chance they order Indian Muslims to go to Pakistan.

Dude.. Thats all they have the power to do... I sometimes think that there word carries more weight in Pakistan than it does in India.. Do you see a single Indian on this forum defending this idiot.. ??

prove your claim.

destruction of mosque - Government did what they could do best to avoid it.

murder of 2000 muslims - cases are pending and culprits are behind bars as per the evidence.

buycott of muslims - do you take it seriously :rofl:

India is a democratic country, togadiyas and thakreys can say whatever they want, it doesn't matter to other.Don't 'KKK' people held rally? does that mean U.S. is racist or U.S. government allows racism?

And what do you know about secularism, do you represent ant secular country?

Prove what claim ? what we say, what you say doesn't change what happened to those people. If you want proofs from us to show what happened then you really are blinded by nationalism to an extent where you no longer see or acknowledge what your people did to these muslims.

And to your second point, Government did what they could and still couldnt stop them .. Thanks for proving what I've been trying to say here for an hour now. Your government is useless when it comes to protecting muslims

Murder of 2000 muslims- you brush it off saying cases pending and people have been put behind bars whereas your ready to attack another country for deaths of 166 people ?

its because of this peoples tat our country is not developing

honestly i want to use maa lagake and all tat stuff for him

yeah political punishment for murdering innocent kids and women ?..And do enlighten me how many people have been put behind bars, forget the fact that the likes of people who are responsible for this are openly preaching at colleges.

Explain to me one thing, 166 people died in Bombay and today it is mentioned among indians like a holocaust

So many innocent muslims died in that genocide of sorts and indians here brush it off with statements like yeah we gotta constitution and these people have a right to preach destruction of muslims cuz its a free country
It is your perception that Gujarat riots are "brushed" off. Its not and the continue to have a high media focus. Just as an example, here is a outlookindia magazine list that has a dedicated Gujarat riots section

Go through the various links to see the progress of what has happened till now. There are other many media outlets that have a dedicated focus on Gujarat riots update as well as many NGOs dedicated specially for rehabilitating and getting justice for the riot affected.
outlookindia.com : Gujarat: Riots and Politics
outlookindia.com : Gujarat 2002 probe

But again, you are comparing two different things. The mumbai incident involved foreign nationals coming in India and they even killed 40+ muslims. A similar situation would be if Hindu extremist groups went blasting with AK47s in Lahore or Karachi.
What is comparable is the TTP doing a wave of terrorist attacks in Pakistan. Despite their actions, they are after all Pakistani citizens killing other Pakistani citizens.
Just like the the riots accused in Gujarat are Indian citizens killing their fellow Indian citizens.

These type of things mean nothing. Question Indian secularism and you get examples such as these and which usually include "We have Shahrukh, Amir Khan, Abdul Kalam, we have Muslim Personal Law".

Either examples of celebrity or certain cosmetic appeasement incidents are all that India has to show for its Secularism.

Secularism is the absolute non-involvement of religion within any governmental decision.

Your government allows the destruction of mosques by Hindu fundos, allows them to murder 2000 Indian Muslims, allows them to call a national boycott against them, when will it start arresting these people for breaking the secularism you guys keep harping about?

There has been no govt policy to destroy mosques. Yes you can blame to GoI on not being fast enough or strong enough to act on that shameful act due to political games, but that does not make India non secular. Just the govt corrupt..

The point on 2000 muslims killed was a riot situation. The govt of Gujrat is under investigation in the supreme court and the due process is being followed. Unless the court comes back with a verdict, you cant blame Modi.. Can you?? This is the same logic given about Hafiz Saeed and a bunch of other folks..

On the speech, no matter how much I detest it, unless it asked for violence against muslims, it is not illegal and anyway has nothing to do with GoI. Its a private citizen giving lip service to right wing fundamientalists of India.. Unfortunately, being an Indian citizen he also has the fundamental right of freedom of speech

This has to be the dumbest mofo Ive ever seen....has he no idea our Vice-President is Muslim.....has he forgotten that India is nuclear and missile ready thanks to a sweet old Muslim man....or has he forgotten the muslim patriots who supported India and chose our nation to make it the secular land that it is.....

Its news like this that ashames me.......

PS:What I really would like to see is a Muslim PM in India....

I wonder what VHP and RSS will do if that ever happens.....

Over sentimentalism i guess...

President APJ Abdul Kalam was rocket/missile scientist with no role in Indian nuclear program.

And lets not forget that its the same RSS backed Bjp govt who choose put this sweet Muslim old man as the president of India instead of going in for some BJP party loyalist ...and as it happens ,its the secular congress govt who decline a second term to a popular president like President Kalam and choose a rubber stamp Pratibha Patil as the president of India.

It is your perception that Gujarat riots are "brushed" off. Its not and the continue to have a high media focus. Just as an example, here is a outlookindia magazine list that has a dedicated Gujarat riots section

Go through the various links to see the progress of what has happened till now. There are other many media outlets that have a dedicated focus on Gujarat riots update as well as many NGOs dedicated specially for rehabilitating and getting justice for the riot affected.
outlookindia.com : Gujarat: Riots and Politics
outlookindia.com : Gujarat 2002 probe

But again, you are comparing two different things. The mumbai incident involved foreign nationals coming in India and they even killed 40+ muslims. A similar situation would be if Hindu extremist groups went blasting with AK47s in Lahore or Karachi.
What is comparable is the TTP doing a wave of terrorist attacks in Pakistan. Despite their actions, they are after all Pakistani citizens killing other Pakistani citizens.
Just like the the riots accused in Gujarat are Indian citizens killing their fellow Indian citizens.

My perception is based on ground realities brother, first tell me how many people who were actually responsible for this have been served justice. Stop giving me all this NGO BS, give me ground realities, how much time has passed ? and what has been done ?... look just look at people's reaction on this forum. Goto that Gujrat thread, look at this thread how many people "didn't" brush it aside. And as far as comparing both acts is concerned ofcourse they are the same, they're both acts of terrorism, but obviously the reactions couldnt be more opposite. In regards to gujrat, same type of morons are allowed to propagate hate speech and to students no less, while to Bombay attacks India is ready to goto war ? What are muslims any less human than foreigners ?

Here are some facts that should sober any Indian wishing to follow the advice of Togadia:

There are an estimated 4.5 million Indian workers in just the GCC countries, about half of them in the UAE, according to the Financial Times.

The current difficulties in Dubai are exposing India's vulnerability to the possible economic collapse in the Gulf region. The fears are deepening about the loss of some of the remittances, worth about $27bn a year, accounting for over 50% of total remittance inflows, from the Gulf to India. The United Arab Emirates is also one of India’s most important export destinations, accounting for about $17.5bn in trade or 10 per cent of India’s merchandise exports.

Haq's Musings

The audience for your post will be miniscule and on forums like this , non existant since your post is tergeted at Indians wishing to follow the advice of Togadia.. His rants are no saner than the rants of some of the pakistanis who talk about attacking USA...

Also on remittances my understanding is that the figure of 27 billion is the total remittances into India out of which about 7 billion or so is from the gulf region. May be my info is dated and would appreciate a link for the figures...

Last edited:
This is whats most ridiculous about you guys, the way you blatantly brush of your shoulders when someone questions the brutalities that muslims have faced in India. Here are some of the responses that i just got today from your fellow Indians regarding this guys statement

India is a free country and everybody has a right to say what they want, that includes political leaders who want to go upto a gathering full of students and telling them to starve muslims to death

Second guy, We have a constitution, and as long as we have a constitution ensuring it is irrelevant

Third Guy, You that is, your response which couldn't be more irrelevant to the topic is by posting a video against Musharraf who was forced to quit due to his ratings.

Your assertions are way beyond me to respond. i think one should assume when we join such prestigious forums that we should at least treat people with little benefit of doubt (even disagrees) that they may be talking sane.

The speed of your posting is amazing it like ''nehale te dehalla'' to me.

My video was directed at you, and your concerns and tears for Indian Muslims were like Gen. Musharraf so my Indian muslim brother has answered well to those concerns and will do it again for sure every time.

I can not write things one behalf of someone else's notions made while in discussion with you. Also it is difficult for me to spoon feed you when you are hell bent of nitpicking lines to thrust your point on everyone.

The Indian guy above talking about constitution and freedom of speech was trying to damp your spurt anxiety i think. We are a nation of limited resources. We can not police around and penalize people speaking ****. Everyone has right to speak in India and face the consequence if law may interfere. There are hundreds of incidents when these Todaria like scum bags would have escaped from the course of law and some times they must have been put into jail for a brief period of time (this what law has provisions for such hate speeches not more then that, if i can recall his name ,...Sanjay Gandhi's son was almost gone off from his political carrier due to ban by EC).
The best policy is not to glorify these people, more you will give coverage more they will spread poison (a snake is snake is a snake).

If you read my previous post where i have mentioned that Muslims killed in domestic violence in Pakistan are way more then killed in India after independence then i must ask and challenge you to name those Pakistani Todaria's responsible for the same. I am not justifying killing by comparing stats but i am saying just to make you think why nations like India and may be Pakistan are helpless to stop these hate speakers.

Furthermore you can not bash India being a secular country and you as Islamic to a contrast that Indians have more responsibility to protect and police secular setup on everyone. Every nation vows to to protect minorities irrespective of their ethereal fabric of nationhood or culture specially Pakistan striving to serve the noble dream of Great Mohd. Ali Jinnah thus there is not concession for you as well on these issues.
However Secularism is an ideology and can not be enforced.

Being a muslim you have legitimate concern to worry about Indian Muslims (no doubt) but charity begins at home.

Last edited:
haha the dumbest news i read in the whole week......... this man is seriously retarded..... does he wants civil war in india? if Muslims are boycotted they will definitely go for civil wd that will ultimately result in the further division of India after a free Muslim state

This man needs to shut his mouth before he harms indians interests unknowingly

My perception is based on ground realities brother, first tell me how many people who were actually responsible for this have been served justice. Stop giving me all this NGO BS, give me ground realities, how much time has passed ? and what has been done ?... look just look at people's reaction on this forum. Goto that Gujrat thread, look at this thread how many people "didn't" brush it aside. And as far as comparing both acts is concerned ofcourse they are the same, they're both acts of terrorism, but obviously the reactions couldnt be more opposite. In regards to gujrat, same type of morons are allowed to propagate hate speech and to students no less, while to Bombay attacks India is ready to goto war ? What are muslims any less human than foreigners ?

for your info gujrat riots started after burning live 60 kar sevaks. how do you justify that?

Back
Top Bottom