What's new

Valley of flowers - Uttarakhand ( India )

The focus is not much on tourism development except the 7 sisters initiative. The major problem here is instability, which discourages tourists to visit due to safety concerns. Not at all here in Sikkim or even Arunachal Pradesh, but the rest of the states. Meghalaya, Assam, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura and Nagaland are very scenic and an adventure tourist's dream.

But because of problems in Nagaland and Manipur, it is difficult for the state governments to encourage. When they raise the issue to the central government, they get fat dole-outs and then even those who want to do something for tourism economy here just shut up.

Sikkim state department for tourism has only recently started taking some initiative. Our state was internally known to rest of the Indians but not otherwise to the world. Like how Kashmir or Goa or Kerala or Gujarat are known.

That's very true....

The focus is not much on tourism development except the 7 sisters initiative. The major problem here is instability, which discourages tourists to visit due to safety concerns. Not at all here in Sikkim or even Arunachal Pradesh, but the rest of the states. Meghalaya, Assam, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura and Nagaland are very scenic and an adventure tourist's dream.

But because of problems in Nagaland and Manipur, it is difficult for the state governments to encourage. When they raise the issue to the central government, they get fat dole-outs and then even those who want to do something for tourism economy here just shut up.

Sikkim state department for tourism has only recently started taking some initiative. Our state was internally known to rest of the Indians but not otherwise to the world. Like how Kashmir or Goa or Kerala or Gujarat are known.
Just like Crimea only known to the Russian.
I know the world's third highest mountain in Sikkim and that India's second highest is in Uttarakhand.

Both mountains are tremendous.

I know the world's third highest mountain in Sikkim and that India's second highest is in Uttarakhand.

Actually, the highest is in Nepal which is Everest. The second highest is technically in India but it is in pakistani occupied kashmir called K2. Parallelly Kanchenjunga which is here in my state Sikkim, is the third highest. Uttarakhand's highest peak is Nanda Devi which is second highest in India.

But topmost mountains except Kanchenjunga or as we call it Kang Chen Dzongkha here, are all in Nepal

If you are an adventurer you will love it here.

You think we are stupid, I understand what you are trying to say. The relationship between Russia and Crimea is that Crimea is a part of Russia, You are trying to claim Sikkim now too. You chinese are imperialist to the core, no where in history was Sikkim chinese, so get that notion out of your head.

Actually, the highest is in Nepal which is Everest. The second highest is technically in India but it is in pakistani occupied kashmir called K2. Parallelly Kanchenjunga which is here in my state Sikkim, is the third highest. Uttarakhand's highest peak is Nanda Devi which is second highest in India.

But topmost mountains except Kanchenjunga or as we call it Kang Chen Dzongkha here, are all in Nepal

If you are an adventurer you will love it here.

He is trying to make a fool of you.

Back
Top Bottom