What's new

Use of NASR and retaliation by India (if Any)

Your territory being nuked by you is inconsequential brother. Our doctrine is clear. A nuclear attack on an Indian military formation will be taken as a nuclear attack on India.

And reacted to.
And we will throw flowers in return right?
And you know Indians Muslims like you make our job much easier :)

Who says that? An idiot sitting on his chair refusing to believe that Pak Nuclear R&D will remain dormant for 12-13 years and would not try to miniaturize nuke warheads further ?
Assumption and Rhetorics Give Scientific Evidence
Without A field test And Simulation data of Live Test How do you claim That You can Build Successful warhead design that Actually work in war

You say that pakistan has 30 KT Nuclear warhead I believe it Firmly because PAEC Actually tested It and Modify it further
but You never tested A Successful Tactical Nuclear warhead Design in fields

And Sub-critical (or cold) are any type of tests involving nuclear materials and possibly high-explosives that purposely result in no Yield it not Military grade Test but Reactor based tests.

Iam Talking About Tactical warhead Designed Device which are field tested

I was having a discussion on the thread https://defence.pk/threads/solution-for-indian-occupied-kashmir-liberation.442740

The matters turned to Nuclear Option (as usual ;) )The Pakistani members started talking about NASR and how it will be used against India. I countered by saying any use of NASR will lead to massive nuclear strike by India.

@hellfire countered that it may not always be the case.

This thread is to discuss possible uses of NASR and reactions (if Any) by India

Scenario 1 Attack on column of tanks breaching the pakistani mainland and moving towards one of the top cities

This scenario assumes that the attack will happen on Pakistani soil against a column of tanks. The casuality figures seem very less to me. Why use a nuke if you are going to just destroy 6-7 tanks. Forgive my ignorance about military tactics I dont think that if a column of tanks is attacking then only 6-7 tanks will be in area of 1 - 1.5 KM. My understanding is atleast 20-25 tanks will be in that zone and use of a nuke to destroy that many tanks and to halt the progress of the rest of column ( to save from nuclear fallout) is a good use of a tacticle nuke

India's Reaction - My understanding is that in case of such high casualities India will retaliate with full Nuclear Strike

Scenario 2 use of NASR on Airbases/ Indian army columns within Indian territory

This scenario seems a bit difficult given the short range of NASR. To do this the missile has to be brought directly to the border itself

India's Reaction A nuclear attack (tacticle or strategic) within India's border will definitely lead to a massive nuclear retaliation.

Scenario 3 A sea based version of NASR used to attack and destroy an Aircraft Carrier

I dont know if a sea based version of NASR exists. But if it does it will be a very effective "Carrier Killer" (if it manages to get in range without being detected and stopped) Given the short range of NASR this scenario seems very difficult. No Aircraft carrier will come within 60-70 KM of the coast and any ship carrying the missile will be intercepted and destroyed before it can do the damage. However if it succeeds then

India's Reaction A nuclear attack on an Aircraft Carrier will lead to a full scale Nuclear Reaction

I dont want this to be a troll thread. I want discussion on these of any other scenario(s) where NASR can be used. What reaction will India give for such a use
Yr, never take his Words seriously.
He just fire blind shots based upon his learning on internet based information.
He do not have access to classified info not he is expert in this field.....
So plz, don't discuss same topics again & again.....
@waz @Irfan Baloch plz take down this thread. Or at least merge it with already existing threads of NASR .....

Wow ! u think there that thar/ rajhastan desert is a very barren land ??empty??? No Life??? are u serious??? U have heard of a nuclear fallout yes???

Once you get a time to visit Rajhastan desert areas where Indians 1st corps who are practicing Cold start strategy from last 4-5 years. Let me know then how much that area has population.

Without A field test And Simulation data of Live Test How do you claim That You can Build Successful warhead design that Actually work in war

You say that pakistan has 30 KT Nuclear warhead I believe it Firmly because PAEC Actually tested It and Modify it further
but You never tested A Successful Tactical Nuclear warhead Design in fields

And Sub-critical (or cold) tests nuclear materials and possibly high-explosives that purposely result in no Yield it not Military grade Test but Reactor based tests.
What about senior Indian scientist who claims that Indian Shakti tests was a failure?

Without A field test And Simulation data of Live Test How do you claim That You can Build Successful warhead design
that Actually work in war

you say that pakistan has 30 KT Nuclear warhead I believe it Firmly because PAEC Actually tested It and Modify it further
but You never tested A Successful Nuclear warhead Design

And nuclear materials and possibly high-explosives that purposely result in no Yield it not Military grade Test but Reactor based tests

Like I said earlier. Who in their right mind would release such data ? I mean are you that daft are you become daft in such threads only ?

Testing of NASR and associated cold tests of Nasr nuke warheads gave us the confidence to declare Tactical nuke warheads a success. If you have anything to counter that. Be my guest. If Not keep parroting

Once you get a time to visit Rajhastan desert areas where Indians 1st corps who are practicing Cold start strategy from last 4-5 years. Let me know then how much that area has population.
Dude!!! ENVIRONMENT DAMAGE!!! Nuclear fallout!!! can u guarantee there non of this will happened???

What about senior Indian scientist who claims that Indian Shakti tests was a failure?
he was Not even in the project
'Fizzle' claim for thermonuclear test refuted
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article10457.ece?homepage=true
The government on Thursday strongly refuted claims that the 1998 test of a thermonuclear device had been a failure, with Principal Scientific Adviser R. Chidambaram telling The Hindu that those questioning the tests yield had an obligation to back up their charge with scientific evidence.

He was responding to the recent statement by a former defence scientist, K. Santhanam, that “the yield in the thermonuclear device test was much lower than what was claimed.” Mr. Santhanam, who cited only unspecified “seismic measurements and expert opinion from world over,” went on to say that this was the reason India should not sign the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT).

The stated success of the second generation nuclear device tested on May 11, 1998, was questioned at the time by a number of Western seismologists who said the seismic signatures detected by them were at variance with the claimed yield of 45 kilotons. Although the controversy subsided somewhat once scientists from the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre — which designed the weapon — published their scientific evidence, it is likely to be reignited once again since Mr. Santhanam represented the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) team at the Pokhran-II tests and is the first member of that group to echo the arguments of those who say the thermonuclear device failed to work properly.

“If Mr. Santhanam has any scientific data to back up what he has claimed, I am sure BARC scientists would be more than happy to debate it,” said Dr. Chidambaram. “Without that, this kind of statement means nothing.”

This kind of post makes me bang my head in wall. I mean, For God sake, Even USA developed tactical nukes because at that time USA was unable to counteract conventional large scale armoured thrust of USSR. Only when USA conventional edge becomes sophisticated they dismantled tactical nuclear warheads. Pakistan is where USA was in 70's 80's in terms of conventional edge.

Decision makers are not madmen. Madmen are those who fails to analyze the whole situation and tries to cherrypick and thinks other Nuclear nation will bomb Pakistan on the basis of that Pakistan nuke their own territory. Laughable

Dude,thats what I said.Whole world abandoned the "Tactical Nuke" as well as "Tsar Bomb" kind of idea.Looks like not only technology,Pakistan is stuck in the mentality of 70s as well.

What is the reason for such decision??Because they effectively identified that Tactical nukes doesn't serve any purpose at all.What it can do,modern conventional weapons like cluster bombs can do it even better,as well as it is extremely cheaper,along with no diplomatic catastrophe.What use of Tactical weapons serve is nothing but increasing the chances of a full blown nuclear war multifold as well as it becomes catastrophe when it comes for its political fallout.

You should know these facts,as you're a TT.In PDF,koi bhi TT ban jata hai. :disagree::disagree:

As I said,those people who thinks they can prevent a conventional strike with a Tactical Nuclear strike,are truly Madman,and those who believe in them are even bigger ones.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Plus,here we're talking about bombing Indian Forces which is according to Pakistan's doctrine "Deep Inside in Pakistan and about to overrun entire country". :cheesy::cheesy:

I was having a discussion on the thread https://defence.pk/threads/solution-for-indian-occupied-kashmir-liberation.442740

The matters turned to Nuclear Option (as usual ;) )The Pakistani members started talking about NASR and how it will be used against India. I countered by saying any use of NASR will lead to massive nuclear strike by India.

@hellfire countered that it may not always be the case.

This thread is to discuss possible uses of NASR and reactions (if Any) by India

Scenario 1 Attack on column of tanks breaching the pakistani mainland and moving towards one of the top cities

This scenario assumes that the attack will happen on Pakistani soil against a column of tanks. The casuality figures seem very less to me. Why use a nuke if you are going to just destroy 6-7 tanks. Forgive my ignorance about military tactics I dont think that if a column of tanks is attacking then only 6-7 tanks will be in area of 1 - 1.5 KM. My understanding is atleast 20-25 tanks will be in that zone and use of a nuke to destroy that many tanks and to halt the progress of the rest of column ( to save from nuclear fallout) is a good use of a tacticle nuke

India's Reaction - My understanding is that in case of such high casualities India will retaliate with full Nuclear Strike

Scenario 2 use of NASR on Airbases/ Indian army columns within Indian territory

This scenario seems a bit difficult given the short range of NASR. To do this the missile has to be brought directly to the border itself

India's Reaction A nuclear attack (tacticle or strategic) within India's border will definitely lead to a massive nuclear retaliation.

Scenario 3 A sea based version of NASR used to attack and destroy an Aircraft Carrier

I dont know if a sea based version of NASR exists. But if it does it will be a very effective "Carrier Killer" (if it manages to get in range without being detected and stopped) Given the short range of NASR this scenario seems very difficult. No Aircraft carrier will come within 60-70 KM of the coast and any ship carrying the missile will be intercepted and destroyed before it can do the damage. However if it succeeds then

India's Reaction A nuclear attack on an Aircraft Carrier will lead to a full scale Nuclear Reaction

I dont want this to be a troll thread. I want discussion on these of any other scenario(s) where NASR can be used. What reaction will India give for such a use

My dear, there is no other scenario(s). whether is a tactical or not, one nuke strik means they are wipeout from this globe..tata bye bye

This is indias policy.....

Like I said earlier. Who in their right mind would release such data ? I mean are you that daft are you become daft in such threads only ?

Testing of NASR and associated cold tests of Nasr nuke warheads gave us the confidence to declare Tactical nuke warheads a success. If you have anything to counter that. Be my guest. If Not keep parroting

Yr don't discuss this topic with that Moron.
He believe that India will detect NASR from satellite by reading their "radiation signature" and then will take out the batteries using "anti radiation missile"

You will never reach an respective point and end up in boiling own blood for their educated BS. Better let them live in their miserable lives and let them believe what make them happy.....

Yeah Whatever. Like I said average joe like you keep parroting these policies. Unless India has a working Tactical nuke warhead through which it can respond to. Forget about Nuking the whole Pakistan based on a single tactical nuke strike on India armour division in ajhastan/Thar Area.

Your appraisal n PDF of what we will do as a reaction to what you do is inconsequential to Indian Nuclear Doctrine brother.

Pakistanis always bring in NASR as a game changer- a deterrance for India. I want to hear their views on the possible uses of the same

If you want to use it too we don't care, my argument on that forum was that because of the fact that we are so willing to use them, India will be deterred. It has worked very well, India has backed down from starting a full scale war because of our nukes in 1999, 2002, and 2008.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom