What's new

US withdraws negotiators from Pakistan, no supply deal

We have the levers just can't pull them. Just now the U.S. military are not allowed to bomb in towns and villages so the Taliban can easily hide in there and wait. This is not total war back in the days of WW2 or previously. Since the introduction of tv it can have an impact on how war is being implemented.

you have none , stop bluffing
amereica is now a spent power

Faujhistorian: I am not suggesting for a second that Pakisdtan Army should attack USA. I am not suggesting that Pakistan follow those retards like Saddam or Ghaddafi or even Iran. Pakistan is too poor, too weak, too bankrupt, too riven by internal dissent and facing a internecine bloodbath to even entertain the thought of tangling with USA.

I am suggesting that we bite the bitter bullet of reality. Instead of posturing and alienating a superpower ( which would also include the entire Western World ) we should try to do our best to go along with the beast and try to sort out our problems.

Instead of blowing steam why not build up Pakistan instead. more schools, more roads, health and wealth welfare for everybody. A industrial base to be proud of. Peace and security for all inside Pakistan. If we ever get this point and we still have surplus testosterone to dispose off, use it against India in Kashmir.

Frigg and forget USA. We have enough problems. We do not need to bash ourself against USA or the West.

America might be a spent power but what are we? We are not a even a pumped up fly. Moral of the story - a dying dinosaur can still squash a few flies as it contorts in agony.

Now I must really go gents. I still have unresolved issues with the Mods., here so until I resolve them I am back to 'deactivated status'.

Gen. Kayani can either sit tight and choose to ignore the US's concerns or he can voice his own opinion and stand up in response to the US. Right now, all he is doing is the former. If he chooses to implement the latter, he must initiative a level headed decision - otherwise there will be far greater financial, economic and military repercussions. It seems he does not want to delve into these talks at all, as any response Pakistan gives to the US, it is taken negatively by the Americans and more propaganda is spread, that Pakistan is an "enemy" and there is even greater international backlash. Likewise, as Kayani stays silent - the Pakistani public continue to protest and perceives the silence as a lack of action and betrayal to the Pakistani people and a nation itself, for allowing the violation of it's sovereignty. This issue is far more complex and Kayani alone, as just the Chief of the Army, cannot tackle or come to a resolution. The concerns need to be transferred to Islamabad, but with an incompetent, inexperienced and undeserving leader sitting over there, what more can you expect? Likewise, the people in Washington have their own interests and agenda to fulfill, so despite Pakistan's concerns, and as long as Islamabad signs an agreement, they can do whatever they wish.

Faujhistorian: I am not suggesting for a second that Pakisdtan Army should attack USA. I am not suggesting that Pakistan follow those retards like Saddam or Ghaddafi or even Iran. Pakistan is too poor, too weak, too bankrupt, too riven by internal dissent and facing a internecine bloodbath to even entertain the thought of tangling with USA.
Pakistan does not wish to tangle the US. No country in the entire world would want to threaten or anger the US.

I am suggesting that we bite the bitter bullet of reality. Instead of posturing and alienating a superpower ( which would also include the entire Western World ) we should try to do our best to go along with the beast and try to sort out our problems.
Pakistan has been going along with the beast for 10 years already. Pakistan has met and has suffered enough because of this war on terror, a war primarily where Pakistan was forced to enter by pressure from Bush Administration. What have we gained by 10 years of joining this war? Thousands of civilians killed, thousands of soldiers killed, and billions lost.

Instead of blowing steam why not build up Pakistan instead. more schools, more roads, health and wealth welfare for everybody. A industrial base to be proud of. Peace and security for all inside Pakistan. If we ever get this point and we still have surplus testosterone to dispose off, use it against India in Kashmir.

And who's going to provide for all of this? Tere Baap??
You just said Pakistan is a poor nation, so how are we supposed to implement all of this at once?
And with an incompetent and inexperienced leader sitting in Islamabad, sleeping with major wealth under his bed, how are you going to get any of these things implemented?

Frigg and forget USA. We have enough problems. We do not need to bash ourself against USA or the West.
Pakistan has always tried and will continue to keep good relations with US, as bad relations with the US has a bad effect on our image globally. We cannot simply forget the US's national interests. The Pakistani public are only bashing the US because they see these drone strikes and this WOT as a violation of their sovereignty, and they are angered by not only our soldiers the NATO forces killed, but the loss of life of thousands of civilians and Pakistani soldiers in this 10 year span.

America might be a spent power but what are we? We are not a even a pumped up fly. Moral of the story - a dying dinosaur can still squash a few flies as it contorts in agony.

Now I must really go gents. I still have unresolved issues with the Mods., here so until I resolve them I am back to 'deactivated status'.

Each county has their right to serve and protect its own people, Pakistan is simply looking after itself while not completely meeting the demands of the Americans. Pakistani officials want to stay loyal to the Pakistani public but at the same time negotiate with foreign officials - it's not an easy task.

With people like you, no wonder Pakistan is on the verge of collapsing. Putting the entire blame on Pakistan is easy to do, but you're disregarding what Pakistan has done on this WOT and undermining the country's military capability and the power and potential that is within the people of Pakistan. The people need moral support, not military support. Remember, we as a nation have sensitivities as well. It's easy for you to say whatever you want regarding Pakistan sitting in the UK, but you must understand the amount of fear people in Pakistan have when they hear about drone strikes and terrorism etc. Pakistan is the number one country in the world who has suffered the most from this WOT and the people have simply had enough.

In the past 10 years, Pakistan has tried again and again to meet the demands of the US to combat these terrorists - we let the US use our airbases, assisted in the raids of Taliban camps and strongholds, and also assisted the US against from militants in Afghanistan, as well we have worked with the American government and provided several intelligence information about terrorists. America has exterminated a countless number of terrorists through Pakistan's help. Each time in return, all we got was dead bodies of soldiers and the dead bodies of Afghan & Pakistan civilians. Pakistan is running into debt, the economy is on the verge of collapsing, soon to be a failed state. Each time we got sh*t in return and never ONE single praise or thank you from the US. And now you want us to improve our action in this WOT and continue to meet the American's demands? Take a hard look and open your eyes. Pakistan is destroying itself by continuing to be a part of this so-called WOT.

And nobody here is blaming America. If anything all these protests being done by the Pakistani public should be conducted against politicians, the elite, corrupt, military officials, think tanks and the ISI - who are not working together to pose any sort of resolution. A country can only prosper or destroy itself. That is what Pakistan is doing - destroying itself inch by inch.

@Atenz

You really think that the US wants that for Pakistan?
To be able to progress Pakistan should find its way of being self reliant, and get help -as anyone needs help- from close and reliable friends.

The Pakistani military don't have reason to attack the U.S. because we can handle the terrorists our own. But Pakistan can't so the U.S. military is involved in attacking with Pakistani approval. It was a mistake to kill the Pakistani troops not intentional after all we make mistakes killing American or British troops in Iraq or Afghanistan right?
indeed if it was a mistake then why didnt U.S apologized it says they tried to show pakistan that we can do that and u cant stop us

US could have solved this issue on day one by just apologizing but of course Obama is a stubborn dude.Any General who cares about his troops would never let the supply route open unless apology is given.

In my humble opinion , this WOT is just a set up; first you have war in Afghanistan, than the refugees to Pakistan (a heavy burden on a developing country, meant to stop its progress) than the attacks inside Pakistan while they know that the same tribes or groups live on both sides, all this with some candies to heart the teeth and destroy them (breaking the teeth smoothly as we can see in this thread from many Pakistani youth and their very negative outlook on their country), so to the contrary of what their self defeatism , they should get up, double their efforts and take Pakistan to where they want it to be, The potential is enormous.
It is a dangerous game, and Pakistan is right in defending itself against the big ego of the US, witch even with proves that it was a deliberate attack on Pakistani solders, it refuses to apologize, meaning that these attacks were deliberate and clearly provocative, saying , so what and what can you do about it? It is a challenge that Pakistani leaders understand and are dealing with diplomatically but firmly.
How much the US is going to pay for those transport corridors, 4 of them? I doubt it very much that it is going to cost less than what Pakistan has asked for, without talking about the transit delays through 4 different countries.
This time Pakistan is taking on the challenge head on, and is looking more for self reliance while trying to save what is left of a relationship with the US.

WHAT DOES IT COST THE YANKS TO APOLOGIZE?

It's high time they get off their high horse and put their arrogance and snootiness to a side. Difficult but not impossible! :tdown:

It's high time they get off their high horse and put their arrogance and snootiness to a side. Difficult but not impossible! :tdown:
All it takes is one apology and the routes will be open the next day.

I am happy that these talks failed. The only two are badly affected by these failed talks are PPP & US, of course PPP was ready to open the route because they are spineless & incompetent politicians who cannot handle or do anything. I salute our Pak Army & Gen. Kayani for doing the right thing, these supply routes are not in the best interest of Pakistan, it is only spreading hate & terror in Pakistan.

After this I will really love Pak Army taking major steps by cutting Military ties with the US & also most importantly US Embassy & US Consulates needs to be limited to their original Embassy work nothing more than that. Currently they are running secret missions & Intel missions in Pakistan & are also spreading terrorism & chaos in Pakistan. CIA, Black Water, Special Ops etc they all are sitting in US Embassy & US Consulates of course they are not here for Christmas party.

Pakistan needs to free itself from the shackles of US & they need to cut ties with the US or limiting them.

We don't need their apology, lives of the innocent will not come back, we need only one thing No more US cut all ties with the US. They have only brought tons of unlimited problems for Pakistan.

The Pakistani military don't have reason to attack the U.S. because we can handle the terrorists our own. But Pakistan can't so the U.S. military is involved in attacking with Pakistani approval. It was a mistake to kill the Pakistani troops not intentional after all we make mistakes killing American or British troops in Iraq or Afghanistan right?

So whats the big deal in applogizing if it was a mistake.......

Not apologizing further put weight to the opinion that it was a deliberate act of aggression.

Pakistan has made a life style of US bashing

It's fashionable to keep saying this but the reality is that Pakistan's official response has been very measured.

In contrast, seniormost officials of the US administration like Hillary Clinton, Mike Mullen and Leon Panetta routinely exhibit a fit of verbal diarrhea that would make any career diplomat squirm. Even Zardari went to Chicago as a show of good faith, but the Nobel Prize Winner gave him the silent treatment and behaved like a petulant six year old throwing a tantrum.

It's fashionable to keep saying this but the reality is that Pakistan's official response has been very measured.

In contrast, seniormost officials of the US administration like Hillary Clinton, Mike Mullen and Leon Panetta routinely exhibit a fit of verbal diarrhea that would make any career diplomat squirm. Even Zardari went to Chicago as a show of good faith, but the Nobel Prize Winner gave him the silent treatment and behaved like a petulant six year old throwing a tantrum.

International relations are often about appearances and grandstanding. They also reflect equations and are meant to pass clear and unambiguous messages. Historically, a pullout is often a precursor to war.

Back
Top Bottom