What's new

US withdraws negotiators from Pakistan, no supply deal

US was trying to bully pakistan army, which was brushed aside by PAKARMY.

As always, the Pakistani people will pay with a more sordid present and an even bleaker future. That is all.

not to mention american soldiers who are probably going hungry in afghanistan........

I am not sure we would target Arab countries, even if they have US bases. The only option would be the CBGs, but I don't know if Pakistan has the capability to do serious damage to them.

Don't you think it is primarily the responsibility of those Arab countries to ensure their country is not used to launch attacks on Pakistan? and that if attacks do take place, then does not Pakistan reserve the right to retaliate with precise weapons to destroy only the bases that threaten Pakistans existence?

I believe we have access to C-802/C-803 missiles in abundance, perhaps we can get some DF-21D's as well. In case of serious threat I am sure we can depend on China to provide us whatever we need for our protection including upgraded FD/FT-2000 SAM systems with ability to detect and kill stealth aerial vehicles.

Don't you think it is primarily the responsibility of those Arab countries to ensure their country is not used to launch attacks on Pakistan? and that if attacks do take place, then does not Pakistan reserve the right to retaliate with precise weapons to destroy only the bases that threaten Pakistans existence?

I believe we have access to C-802/C-803 missiles in abundance, perhaps we can get some DF-21D's as well. In case of serious threat I am sure we can depend on China to provide us whatever we need for our protection including upgraded FD/FT-2000 SAM systems with ability to detect and kill stealth aerial vehicles.

You are right that Pakistan would be able to slip in a few punches, but I don't think they would change the outcome. The only question is the casualty cost to the US and whether it would be deemed acceptable in their preliminary analysis.

I don't think they would change the outcome. The only question is the casualty cost to the US and whether it would be deemed acceptable in their preliminary analysis.
I don't think they would change the outcome.
True
The only question is the casualty cost to the US
Population of most of GCC states is expat, it's a beautiful little payback right in our own backyard.
Whether it would be deemed acceptable in their preliminary analysis
Of course, it's acceptable. US is king of Collateral (acceptable in their lingo) damage!

Believe me what we have now is kept secret we have more than we know . Drone strikes are allowed in pakistan. There is no airforce in the world that cant destroy drones. That is pathetoc view if some Americans and indians think we cant!.

Well it's not just Pakistan they've killed a lot of French,British and Canadians troops in Afghanistan as well much more than Pakistanis over the years I don't think they've ever apologized to them either they will never do anything that implicates guilt on their part even when they're clearly in the wrong .Look at their record still even to this day they refuse to extradite David Headley for Mumbai attacks or Warren Anderson to India for the Bhopal disaster this death toll was in the THOUSANDS and they're actually close "allies".

from: Pakistan should bite the bullet in NATO routes row - U.S. official | Reuters

Pakistan should "bite the bullet" in NATO routes row - U.S. official

ISLAMABAD | Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:03pm BST

(Reuters) - Pakistan's civilian government should "bite the bullet" and re-open supply routes to NATO forces in Afghanistan in order to ease tensions with the United States, a senior U.S. government official said on Tuesday.

The United States said on Monday it was withdrawing its team of negotiators from Pakistan without securing a long-sought deal on supply routes for the war in neighbouring Afghanistan, publicly exposing a diplomatic stalemate and deeply strained relations that appear at risk of deteriorating further.

"If the civilian government in Islamabad would bite the bullet and make the political decision to open the ground lines of communication, that would deflect some of the negativity right now," the official told Reuters.

"It wouldn't automatically turn things around, but that would be an important step."

Pakistan banned trucks from carrying supplies to the war effort in Afghanistan last year in protest against a cross-border NATO air attack that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, a measure U.S. officials initially hoped would be short term.

Although the U.S. official suggested Pakistan would have to take several steps to repair heavily damaged ties, he said the strategic allies could not afford a rupture.

"We have longer-term interests that we must keep in mind. The interests are nuclear, it is counterterrorism and it is also reconciliation in Afghanistan for a relatively peaceful and stable region," said the U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

"So you know, the heightened sentiments in Washington will eventually have to come to a point where people say hold on, we have bigger interests here."

(Reporting by Matthew Green, Katharine Houreld and Michael Georgy; Editing by Nick Macfie)

Why should we be caring of the US all the time?

It isn't Pakistan which is being arrogant and not apologizing for the murder of 24 soldiers.

Either US gets off it's high horse and understands us, or it then uses the NDN, which a week back was a perfect route. And while they are at it, they can also call Panetta to keep quite, because his outbursts are not helping it.

The US Official should perhaps advice Obama (the stubborn bastard) to apologize.Anyway It is quite amusing how Vcheng worships every single US Official..whatever US official says must be 100% true and the right thing.

US overplayed the importance of NDN .They thought that Pakistanis would not be able to call their bluff and would open supply routes..:rofl:

In Reality Pakistan is assign as Central point in GWOT so negotiation is best way if it is understandable... Other Wise America, India, Afghanistan, Iraq ets are waiting for next incident..
Am I Right ??? in Prediction:triniti:

One possibility is the US doing a blitzkrieg to destroy Pakistan's conventional capability. Pakistan does not have the ability to retaliate onto the US and will not use the nuclear option anyway. .......

That is NOT a likely scenario at all. A policy of steady engagement, coupled with suitable incentives (and pressures - mostly economic), is far more likely to yield the required results, and thus would continue to be the preferred option.

Vcheng must be in shock!
Oh he must be in ICU-Intensive care unit after sufferening a horrible heart attack laying down besides Mr. Dick Cheney.Poor Mr. VCheng, feels sorry for him now cuz his hard working posts here on the forum didn't bring him no fruit......:smokin:

Meanwhile the Arrogance continues...

Pakistan should

Pakistan’s civilian government should “bite the bullet” and re-open supply routes to NATO forces in Afghanistan in order to ease tensions with the United States, a senior U.S. government official said on Tuesday.:frown:

Back
Top Bottom