What's new

US withdraws negotiators from Pakistan, no supply deal

Keep supply routes closed. Continued drone strikes.

Open supply routes. Face possible military operation.

Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

What I fail to understand is that we have been told in western media time and time again that Pakistan and Pakistani routes are not necessary. Why in that case unless Americans are liars are they the omnipotent going to such lengths to negotiate?

I mean some American well wishers have been predicting doom and gloom for us if we do not comply and yet Americans send a team to Pakistan?? I think they have been exposed and found to be bluffing. Iran and Russians clearly are not a palatable alternative.

Only American shortsightedness and stupidity allows them to be in a position where they have alienated all the surrounding countries except India which does not have a border with Afghanistan.

Pakistan should negotiate with European members of Nato and allow them withdraw through Pakistan but not Americans.

Europeans have not been involved in drones or killings of our troops

There will be some kind of compromise. US needs Pakistan and Pakistan needs US. Its quite simple. They have gone back to check can we work something together? They will come back and say, "ok here's more money per truck and we will provide relief money for the families of the soldiers. By the way, here is this juicy package :kiss3: we put together for you which has waivers and more goodies!"

This will be done sometime before the election. US will say how well they pulled out of the war on terror. PPP will say, "Humne unko dikhaya :triniti: ki hum sher hain".

Rest of the world will sit :pop: and watch the show. And we will sit over here and discuss for another 12 pages as to how they won, we won, they lost, we lost and how clever we/they/aliens are.

There will be some kind of compromise. US needs Pakistan and Pakistan needs US.

In my opinion Pakistan does not need US. We need to have effective taxation of our people. If we can give 93% of the population an identity card we can enforce tax collection. We are not parasites.Cuba and other countries do ok

What I fail to understand is that we have been told in western media time and time again that Pakistan and Pakistani routes are not necessary. Why in that case unless Americans are liars are they the omnipotent going to such lengths to negotiate?

I mean some American well wishers have been predicting doom and gloom for us if we do not comply and yet they send a team to Pakistan??

We are obviously not privy to the discussions but i must agree with you - its a bit fishy. One minute they are putting intense pressure - the next sending in their "think tanks" to negotiate a settlement. Something doesnt add up mate.
One thing is for certain Pakistan seems to be adamant and not wanting to come to a compromise. I think its time now to make the ultimate decision and start "toning down" what relationship we have left with them. Time to be left alone and get on with sorting ourselves out.
When we had sanctions imposed on us in the 90s our economy grew and our peoples responded positively - it was great to see. Its time for us to stop looking at the US and waiting for a response or a reaction. Its time to react ourselves. Start by bringing the diplomatic ties down and get ready to look after ourselved

There will be some kind of compromise. US needs Pakistan and Pakistan needs US. Its quite simple. They have gone back to check can we work something together? They will come back and say, "ok here's more money per truck and we will provide relief money for the families of the soldiers. By the way, here is this juicy package we put together for you which has waivers and more goodies!"

This will be done sometime before the election. US will say how well they pulled out of the war on terror. PPP will say, "Humne unko dikhaya ki hum sher hain".

Rest of the world will sit and watch the show. And we will sit over here and discuss for another 12 pages as to how they won, we won, they lost, we lost and how clever we/they/aliens are.

America pushed Mush into democracy cos they thought a democratic govt and PPP would allow them hot pursuit etc. Well they are hoisted by their own petard. Most Pakistanis do not like American discourse with America. that is democracy so now live with it.

Bit off topic but it reminds me of allegations against Arafat not being democratic representatives of the Palestinians and Americans and Israel wanting Palestinians to have elections. When Hamas got elected they promptly declared them as a terrorist organisation. They just do not think beyond their noses and are doomed to suffer the consequences of their unintended consequences of their actions

I mean some American well wishers have been predicting doom and gloom for us if we do not comply and yet Americans send a team to Pakistan?? I think they have been exposed and found to be bluffing. Iran and Russians clearly are not a palatable alternative.

Only American shortsightedness and stupidity allows them to be in a position where they have alienated all the surrounding countries except India which does not have a border with Afghanistan.

Pakistan should negotiate with European members of Nato and allow them withdraw through Pakistan but not Americans.

Europeans have not been involved in drones or killings of our troops

Friend, American ego does not allow that they want something and cant get it... that too from Pakistan which it considers as someone USA has been funneling aid into since 1947..

mate...allegations without credible proofs defeat the purpose...if you are so sure about it..raise it on the highest forum just like u did in case of kashmir....

the victimhood mentality won't take you anywhere.... you should admit that terrorists are enjoying safe haven in pakistan onlt then you can do the better job.

As i have said again, for the third time again, that the US has an influence over the world, so what we do or don't does not matter.

Friend, American ego does not allow that they want something and cant get it... that too from Pakistan which it considers as someone USA has been funneling aid into since 1947..

You maybe right. Maybe that is why they seem to have a confused approach to this issue. I mean carrot and stick is one thing but they appear one day to be threatening an invasion and the following day begging. I think there is some merit in your suggestion that they are somewhat a tad arrogant to say the least

............ One minute they are putting intense pressure - the next sending in their "think tanks" to negotiate a settlement. Something doesnt add up mate. ......................

Has it occurred to you, my dear friend, that some pressure makes Pakistan dig its heels in, so that it paints itself as the problem, while negotiating as well, so that USA is seen to be reasonable in trying for an accommodation.

Pakistan is painting itself into a corner needlessly, without much to show for it.

btw how long do you think this id 3 is going to last "friend"

Has it occurred to you, my dear friend, that some pressure makes Pakistan dig its heels in, so that it paints itself as the problem, while negotiating as well, so that USA is seen to be reasonable in trying for an accommodation.

Pakistan is painting itself into a corner needlessly, without much to show for it.

That would involve far too many 'ifs' to be believable !

my dear VC I would say that after predicting that routes would reopen within 30 days do you not think that your self serving statements are becoming transparent and just that self serving?

It has not occurred to you that statement applies more to America?

Like it was said, this is more about respecting sovereignty than money. However, Panetta is having a hard time digesting this. Pakistan should stick to it's guns.

ACTUALLY IT WAS THE OPPOSITE....YOU GUYS NEVER CARED ABOUT SOVEREIGNTY....YOU GUYS ASKED FOR MORE MONEY PER TRUCK AND THE US REFUSED TO PAY EXTRA CASH....SIMPLE

WITH ELECTIONS AROUND THE CORNER DON'T EVEN DREAM THE OBAMA WILL MAKE A PUBLIC APOLOGY TO PAKISTAN

Back
Top Bottom