What's new

US will aid India’s defence whether or not it chooses to operate with us: US

10 Sqds of F/A18 Super Hornet and 3 Sqds of F35C should go a long way

And so India has been in US's mind eversince

See,You can find one thing from your history.India never fought others battles after Independence.Yes,we assisted our friendly countries whenever needed.But Fighting others' war is not in our agenda.Whatever USA is doing is because India is a massive market.Even a chunk of it means billions of dollars,and that too in a hard cash.Same was China in 1980s till Tienanmen Square.

See,You can find one thing from your history.India never fought others battles after Independence.Yes,we assisted our friendly countries whenever needed.But Fighting others' war is not in our agenda.Whatever USA is doing is because India is a massive market.Even a chunk of it means billions of dollars,and that too in a hard cash.Same was China in 1980s till Tienanmen Square.
And there is a perfect reason for that. Which is arming India agaisnt China. Until befor you lot also never had LSA with USA too, right? Times change

And there is a perfect reason for that. Which is arming India agaisnt China. Until befor you lot also never had LSA with USA too, right? Times change

China is not a kindergarten kid. China always poke India whenever it gets a chance . If India is getting a chance to defend itself by upgrading tech from US , India should take it .
If US is willing to sell and India can afford it , what's wrong in it ? We are not begging, they are offering finest goods that fit our requirements. And the attractive thing is we don't have to send our troops to the war that US is fighting or will be fighting or to give airbases .

Looks like a win win situation for me !

It's a horrible way for fortunes to change, but 9/11 forever changed the future of Pakistan and of India.

Too bad. But I'm not complaining .....

China is not a kindergarten kid. China always poke India whenever it gets a chance . If India is getting a chance to defend itself by upgrading tech from US , India should take it .
If US is willing to sell and India can afford it , what's wrong in it ? We are not begging, they are offering finest goods that fit our requirements. And the attractive thing is we don't have to send our troops to the war that US is fighting or will be fighting or to give airbases .

Looks like a win win situation for me !
I am all up for US arming India to teeth so that it can fight its war for China.

Even before that USA was arming Pakistan against India.Time truly changes.

I am all up for US arming India to teeth so that it can fight its war for China.

Bro , it's not about to go to a war . It's all about to be prepared for a war . That's why media use the word like, balance of power in the region, arms race etc .

India will not attack anyone unless it's attacked. Period

I do not think that india will get itself deeper in the scs dispute any further. Would just support vietnam and philipines thats it.
But I believe india has been bargaining for tech claiming to hold the IOR under its influence and keep china out of it.
US is worried china wants to expand its influence. IOR is the next destination after SCS. It is in our interest to IOR and keep china out, that is where our interests converge.
For SCS, the countries over there would be sufficient along with US. While japan rattles the ECS.

Back
Top Bottom