What's new

US warns India of ‘serious implications’ if it picks Russian S-400 over American defense promises

uncle sam milking bharata mata .
images

In my opinion, Pakistan has a zero chance of acquiring any US made defense system, but there could have been a window of opportunity with the Russian S-400. India knows this very well, they are more interested to not allow Pakistan having any ABMD than buying one themselves. In addition, all US defense products come with some strings attached to them.
some strings ehmmm .

India has a lot of things going in their favour, they have deep pockets and the US has the best defense products to offer. India should abandon all Russian Jets and go for F-16 Block 70/80; 200 of those Jets would be game over for all Indian adversaries........maybe even Chinese, until the J-20/J-31 systems are mature enough to trump the stealth version of F-16 being offered to India.

F16/F21 is an inferior aircraft when compared to the like of Rafales, Flankers, Eurofighters etc we dont want them. S400 is too hot to resist. In the end India will have both the S400s and American weapons. We will balance our purchase of S400 by giving americans some fat defence contracts.

uncle sam milking bharata mata .
images

some strings ehmmm .

Some actually have got fat wallets and can pay for expensive items, others go door to door with a begging bowl begging for some coins:D but i understand, you can put the things your way to soothe your little hole.

I suppose the Indians are trying to postpone the inevitable.

It would not be farfetched to claim that the Indians are caught between a rock and a hard place.
We know how the Americans operate, the Indians are about to find out.
Police ki gaari bhi burri, pichhaari bhi burri.
It's lovely to watch.

F16/F21 is an inferior aircraft when compared to the like of Rafales, Flankers, Eurofighters etc we dont want them. S400 is too hot to resist. In the end India will have both the S400s and American weapons. We will balance our purchase of S400 by giving americans some fat defence contracts.

Some actually have got fat wallets and can pay for expensive items, others go door to door with a begging bowl begging for some coins:D but i understand, you can put the things your way to soothe your little hole.
Man ki daulat aati hai to phir jaati nahin.
Tan ki daulat chaaon hai, aata hai dhan, jaata hai dhan.
You Indians like to throw our economic troubles in our faces, but you know what, we're still here.
Enjoy it while it lasts. It won't always be like this. The universe is a dynamic place, what is here today will not be here forever.
We may be the underdog in this fight, but we are a fighting underdog.
There is a saying in English " it's not about the dog in the fight, it's about the fight in the dog".
We have fight in spades and the race is a marathon and not a sprint.
Wait. Watch. Reflect.

We know how the Americans operate, the Indians are about to find out.
Police ki gaari bhi burri, pichhaari bhi burri.
It's lovely to watch.

Man ki daulat aati hai to phir jaati nahin.
Tan ki daulat chaaon hai, aata hai dhan, jaata hai dhan.
You Indians like to throw our economic troubles in our faces, but you know what, we're still here.
Enjoy it while it lasts. It won't always be like this. The universe is a dynamic place, what is here today will not be here forever.
We may be the underdog in this fight, but we are a fighting underdog.
There is a saying in English " it's not about the dog in the fight, it's about the fight in the dog".
We have fight in spades and the race is a marathon and not a sprint.
Wait. Watch. Reflect.

I totally agree with you my friend, you people are still here, and that the the universe is a dynamic place, what is here today will not be here forever.

:lol:

This was expected. Attack Dog of USA has to now decide!

If Fascist Hindu wants to counter China and Pakistan both, he has no choice but to go with USA all in.

I don't understand american policy towards India.

Thats very simple, Americans want to hurt Russia and china really bad, china is also the enemy of India and Americans have a reliable ally as India against them but India is a friend of Russia and sources its major defence equipment from them and India will never go against Russia no matter what. This is what annoys Mr. Trump.

I very seriously doubt the Eurofighter or Typhoon would be superior to a new generation of F-16's which are not only stealth but also include the latest and most advanced US military technology from top of the line AESA radars to EW capabilities to the finest and most potent AMRAAM's in the world, not to forget the situational awareness and native integration with other US systems.

Do you think that THAAD rivals S-400?

Why aren't the Indians aqcuiring the US system despite multiple offers? The Americans have even dangled the F-35 carrot.

I don't know how good either of the systems are, however since the US is to extremely comfortable with THAAD as Russia is with S-400, they must both be very very capable systems.

I very seriously doubt the Eurofighter or Typhoon would be superior to a new generation of F-16's which are not only stealth but also include the latest and most advanced US military technology from top of the line AESA radars to EW capabilities to the finest and most potent AMRAAM's in the world, not to forget the situational awareness and native integration with other US systems.

I don't know how good either of the systems are, however since the US is to extremely comfortable with THAAD as Russia is with S-400, they must both be very very capable systems.

F-16 are stealth?

Eurofighters have defeated even F22s many times in red flag exercises, F16 do not stand a chances. And the finest and most potent A2A missile is the french Meteor and not AMRAAM.

I don't understand american policy towards India.
Neither does India

When India finally figures out that they are not actually Israel, they will realise they can't grease both ends of the axle. They will choose USA t&c's, gladly go with Patriots, THAAD, and abandon Russia. Pak-China-Russian axis will emerge.

The really pathetic thing about Modi and his supporters is that they are so deluded that they think Trump likes being hugged by Modi, or that Trump's govt actually respects Indians as equal partners - everybody else in the world except for India knows that Trump simply needs India's numerical strength to counter both Muslim Pakistan and an unstoppable China.

This is gonna be an interesting time ... the two views are

a) that India should not be a 'strategic' partner of US, because that is a 1 way street..
b) but, at the same time every russian weapon is tried and tested by chinese and given the lack of manufacturing depth in India.. may be get a true western system with as less strings as possible

Either ways.. it will be a very interesting space to watch

Neither does India

When India finally figures out that they are not actually Israel, they will realise they can't grease both ends of the axle. They will choose USA t&c's, gladly go with Patriots, THAAD, and abandon Russia. Pak-China-Russian axis will emerge.

The really pathetic thing about Modi and his supporters is that they are so deluded that they think Trump likes being hugged by Modi, or that Trump's govt actually respects Indians as equal partners - everybody else in the world except for India knows that Trump simply needs India's numerical strength to counter both Muslim Pakistan and an unstoppable China.
There is no Pakistan in any Russia-China Axis.. That is just a wet dream.

Russia China has been the long standing defence partnership betwen one of the biggest arms supplier and one of the biggest/strongest economy of this world. you guys need to sort your economy first, else there won't be much left to buy anyways.

India has a lot of things going in their favour, they have deep pockets and the US has the best defense products to offer. India should abandon all Russian Jets and go for F-16 Block 70/80; 200 of those Jets would be game over for all Indian adversaries........maybe even Chinese, until the J-20/J-31 systems are mature enough to trump the stealth version of F-16 being offered to India.
Indian pilots in an F35 would still be crap

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom