What's new

US Wants BD to Deploy Troops in Afghanistan

The same could be said when sent our troops to West Africa. And after so many years of hard work we gained enormous influence in those region. Lots of business opportunities are coming. We are even thinking of taking land from them as lease and do farming there which will create huge employment for our farmers. You have to take risk sometimes to gain something in the future. :tup:

Central asia has lot of cotton and fruits. We need these, and they need market. We have also hundreds of items to sell to them. BD should positively check the possibilities of sending its troops to Afghanistan. Peace will help Pakistan to regain its foothold in the central asia through Afghanistan.

I can cite at least one reason to support your opinion that the call to BD by USA is a joke. It is that, it will lower the bad and undue influence of India in Afghanistan. When India is torturing its two Muslim countries, it is, at the same time is showing smiling face to the central asian Muslim countries, where India has no business.

If BD along with other Muslim countries, except Pakistan, participates, it will bring peace in the entire region. Once peace is re-established, the central asian region will be able to diversify its trade through Gowaddar Port in Pakistan. BD and even India can benefit from this. Now, you fully understand why it is such a big joke.

OK ,IF you send troops to Afghanistan

Not only is it the first time the BD has operated so far away from Home soil. It Would also be the First ever Overseas operation for BD(UN operations do not count).
There is a steep logistics and Operational Learning curve here. Not to mention the huge Financial cost of Fighting a war.

BD solders have also never fought or trained in terrain similar to Afghanistan.

BD soldiers mostly speak Bengali or some English if i understand right. So there is also a language barrier that has to crossed. So you will have troops who can't talk to the locals , you will be right back where the Americans were 8 years ago.

And if your thinking the Taliban will go easy on your "Muslim soldiers" , Keep in mind that the Taliban also kill the Afghan Police and attack the Afghan army. And they don;t exercise much restraint on that
So being Muslim and being a countrymen does not make a difference
to them. how much protection is it going to give you if your just Muslim. As far as they are concerned anyone who supports the war is an Enemy. Sure they may show more mercy but their tactics wont change any.

So Send BD troops, at great expense to BD all the way to Afghanistan.

What you will have is Soldiers who can't speak the local language.
An Army command struggling with Logistics and Operations.
Troops unfamiliar with the Terrain.
Fighting a war Which they have not been trained for .(Counter Insurgency)
A war being fought at great expense to BD.

Congratulation you will be exactly where the Americans were 8 years ago, expect less equipped , less funded and less experienced.

If that sounds like a good idea to you , feel free to call me an idiot.
Because i certainly cant see the benefit in any of it.

Central asia has lot of cotton and fruits. We need these, and they need market. We have also hundreds of items to sell to them. BD should positively check the possibilities of sending its troops to Afghanistan. Peace will help Pakistan to regain its foothold in the central asia through Afghanistan.

Ya i remember PK embassy was asking BD use Gadwar port as transit for central asia. We need Pakistan's co-operation in this respect. Together Pakistan we could gain a lot from the trade in those region.;)

It's same as shooting ones foot! Why on dear earth Bangladeshish want to die in rugged mountains of Afghanistan? High on poppy or what? :-/

Killing and dying on a mission is a way of life for a soldier.

USA said 3 trillion dollar of mineral exist in Afhganistan. Was that to lure foreign troops there? :rofl:

Have you been able to sufficiently utilise whatever exits in BD in the first place?

Do you have the resources to sustain a long term troop presence in a country so far away from your own and for how many years?

Do you have the mechanicsm to deal with any discontent in your own country that may arise out of killing of fellow muslims?

Will the proud afghans/pukhtoons/northern alliance accept bengali interference when even your very own earstwhile pakistani punjabis did not?

OK ,IF you send troops to Afghanistan

Not only is it the first time the BD has operated so far away from Home soil. It Would also be the First ever Overseas operation for BD(UN operations do not count).
There is a steep logistics and Operational Learning curve here. Not to mention the huge Financial cost of Fighting a war.

BD solders have also never fought or trained in terrain similar to Afghanistan.

BD soldiers mostly speak Bengali or some English if i understand right. So there is also a language barrier that has to crossed. So you will have troops who can't talk to the locals , you will be right back where the Americans were 8 years ago.

And if your thinking the Taliban will go easy on your "Muslim soldiers" , Keep in mind that the Taliban also kill the Afghan Police and attack the Afghan army. And they don;t exercise much restraint on that
So being Muslim and being a countrymen does not make a difference
to them. how much protection is it going to give you if your just Muslim. As far as they are concerned anyone who supports the war is an Enemy. Sure they may show more mercy but their tactics wont change any.

So Send BD troops, at great expense to BD all the way to Afghanistan.

What you will have is Soldiers who can't speak the local language.
An Army command struggling with Logistics and Operations.
Troops unfamiliar with the Terrain.
Fighting a war Which they have not been trained for .(Counter Insurgency)
A war being fought at great expense to BD.

Congratulation you will be exactly where the Americans were 8 years ago, expect less equipped , less funded and less experienced.

If that sounds like a good idea to you , feel free to call me an idiot.
Because i certainly cant see the benefit in any of it.

If you read my post I said the participation will be in a very limited scale. May be just controlling a small town. It wont be a big deal for Bangladesh. There are again a lot of non combat duties there. Bangladesh can even negotiate on this. We will only know if Bangladesh ever decide to participate. Dont think that our country is run by idiots.

We are already participating through BRAC. Also our FM said that they are going to send teachers and doctors. We already have first hand experience in Ahganistan,

If you read my post I said the participation will be in a very limited scale. May be just controlling a small town. It wont be a big deal for Bangladesh. There are again a lot of non combat duties there. Bangladesh can even negotiate on this. We will only know if Bangladesh ever decide to participate. Dont think that our country is run by idiots.

We are already participating through BRAC. Also our FM said that they are going to send teachers and doctors. We already have first hand experience in Ahganistan,

IF BD troops were there just for Training I agree.
But please understand , the Lessons of War that the Americans and Nato learned over the Last 8 years.
Maintaining an Active Military presence causes a whole mess of issues.

May be just controlling a small town.
There are again a lot of non combat duties there.

You still have troops who don't speak the language , don't know the Local customs.
And not Trained for Experienced for Fighting an Insurgency war

We are already participating through BRAC. Also our FM said that they are going to send teachers and doctors. We already have first hand experience in Ahganistan

That's good, but those are not troops. Teachers and Doctors are not Soldiers.

We will only know if Bangladesh ever decide to participate. Dont think that our country is run by idiots.

For the record I don't think BD government is run by Idiots.

I was saying its a joke by the Americans to Ask a country like BD to Fight a war at great expense , when they themselves are looking to pullout.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing i don't understand is why BD member's feel so strongly they can make difference in Afghanistan , worth Losing people and resources over.

DO BD members really want to fight the Afghan war ?

I was always asking myself what is the purpose of BD-US joint military exercises almost every month for the last few years. Could it be that the trainings were needed to make BD military combat-fit in an Afghanistan-like mission?

If it is so, then probably a BD participation in Afghanistan has already been decided quite some time ago, and it has been only cemented by formally requesting the BD govt yesterday.

Nice thinking!.

But don't you think Taliban will see Muslim nations having troops in Afghanistan as traitors for doing USA's bidding?

With US withdrawal i think deploying troops from Islamic world for reconstruction, rehabilitation and maintaining Peace will be welcomed by Taliban as well as other factions of Afghanistan.

An all and all Islamic force for stability in Afghanistan is a good idea but only if US get out and help these countries to bring peace

With US withdrawal i think deploying troops from Islamic world for reconstruction, rehabilitation and maintaining Peace will be welcomed by Taliban as well as other factions of Afghanistan.

An all and all Islamic force for stability in Afghanistan is a good idea but only if US get out and help these countries to bring peace

I really don't Understand this logic , Afghan's are Islamic , Yet they are attacked more than Americans .

Where does this idea of Islamic security come from , when Afghans themselves get attacked.

Do People actually see the Taliban as such Model Muslims that they will follow what ever Islamic norms you expect them to.

That's called good old utopian love of the imaginative and non-existent Ummah.

I really don't Understand this logic , Afghan's are Islamic , Yet they are attacked more than Americans .

Where does this idea of Islamic security come from , when Afghans themselves get attacked.

Do People actually see the Taliban as such Model Muslims that they will follow what ever Islamic norms you expect them to.

:blink::blink: what are smoking ???

This is not about Hindu or Islamic.

Its all about level of comfort and Afghan people will like to see such troops rebuilding, rehabilitating and keeping peace in Afghanistan while at the same time respecting their faith instead of burning Quran and killing Afghans for sports by collecting their fingers as trophies.

It is a good idea to deploy troops from Islamic countries for rebuilding, rehabilitating and keeping peace in Afghanistan .

:tup:

In that case,KSA should be first on the reconstruction aider list then.

I think its not a joke....Many analyst from long time are saying that to solve Afghanistan problem those MUSLIM countries should be involved which have no stake in Afghanistan.....Involving India is Pakisans objection, Pakistani troops ANA dont like them, NATO US Taliban dont like them and also many afghans as well....

If Muslim armies from countries like Bangladesh and Indonesia and Malaysia will come under teh flag of UN the taliban might not be that harsh on them.....A way forward can be seen this way...A way in which every one is a winner...

However UN flag is still missing here...

Correction...Bangladesh is no Muslim country,or an Islamic republic.It is a People's Republic where no religion has any kind of priority over the other.

Back
Top Bottom