What's new

US violates int’l laws; moves USS Enterprise into Pakistani water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, this thread is BOGUS !!! DO YOU HEAR, BOGUS !!!! Nowhere in the world but on the rag on the op's first post does it say ANYTHING about the Enterprise being anywhere near Pakistan. SECONDLY... even IF it were where the rag said it was, it's position would be in INTERNATIONAL WATERS !!! NOTHING ILLEGAL !!! So there !!:hitwall:

US Navy has two carrier strike groups in the Persian Gulf since April 2012. Just look at the map you will find that Straits of Hormuz is only a few hours sailing from Pakistan coast. I don’t deny that the Carrier group would in the international waters and perfectly legal. Nevertheless, it is fact that US has a very large and powerful naval task force within striking distance of Pakistan.

Top Stories | British Forces News

That could be the US contingency plan in place and nothing to do with an aggresive posture or Balochistan.

But taking into account strategic objectives, this could be in preparation for a non stated objective.

@Bouncing betty, seems like the USS Enterprise is definitely close to Gwadar port but in international waters. it, though is a worrying factor for Pk.

Just the sight of 'CHINESE' and 'Naval' in the same sentence makes me LAUGH !!:rofl:
Laugh is good for health but becareful too much is too injurious too cuz sometimes upsets the stomach digestion.....:D
The Chinese Naval base is making some pplz/countries crying as hell......:smokin:

^^ After reading some of these posts I have got stomach indigestion. So guy's two questions, please.

Illusion8 - Considering USS Enterprise is sailing past Gwadar and it is "worrying factor for Pk" might it be prudent for me to cancel my planned holiday in Pakistan next week? US-Pak war in the offing?

And how many countries has USS Enterprise sailed past in the last 12 months? How many of them were threatened or attacked by Enterprise?

Regular - Where is this "The Chinese Naval base" that is making some countries "cry like hell"? Shanghai? Hong Kong? Macao?

Niaz - There must be dozens of countries all over the world within striking distance of some US task force. US is a superpower and has powerful naval presence in the Atlantic Ocean, in the Pacific Ocean, in the Indian Ocean, in the Mediterranean Sea and in the Persian Gulf-Arabian Sea.

^^ After reading some of these posts I have got stomach indigestion. So guy's two questions, please.

Illusion8 - Considering USS Enterprise is sailing past Gwadar and it is "worrying factor for Pk" might it be prudent for me to cancel my planned holiday in Pakistan next week? US-Pak war in the offing?

And how many countries has USS Enterprise sailed past in the last 12 months? How many of them were threatened or attacked by Enterprise?

It's a false news really!! the enterprise was in the Persian gulf till 9th June and is probably headed to the East.

Regular - Where is this "The Chinese Naval base" that is making some countries "cry like hell"? Shanghai? Hong Kong? Macao?

Niaz - There must be dozens of countries all over the world within striking distance of some US task force. US is a superpower and has powerful naval presence in the Atlantic Ocean, in the Pacific Ocean, in the Indian Ocean, in the Mediterranean Sea and in the Persian Gulf-Arabian Sea.

Agreed, nothing would have been thought of it under normal circumstances. There was even a time when US servicemen used to come ashore on leave. However relations between Pakistan and the US at really low ebb at this moment.

Pray tell me how many countries had OBL killed by US Seals inside their border, or had to suffer Salala type incident or having to tolerate daily drone attacks? How many countries have anti-US defence analysts such as Zaid Hamid on prime time every so often?

Suppose some hot headed zealot PAF Commander starts shooting down US drones. Don’t you think having a powerful US naval strike group within 70 nautical miles of your coast line is a cause for concern?

Suppose some hot headed zealot PAF Commander starts shooting down US drones. Don’t you think having a powerful US naval strike group within 70 nautical miles of your cost line is a cause for concern?

Such a breakdown of discipline would be unprecedented, and dangerous on multiple levels, not just for PAF but for Pakistan too.

Agreed, nothing would have been thought of it under normal circumstances. There was even a time when US servicemen used to come ashore on leave. However relations between Pakistan and the US at really low ebb at this moment.

Pray tell me how many countries had OBL killed by US Seals inside their border, or had to suffer Salala type incident or having to tolerate daily drone attacks? How many countries have anti-US defence analysts such as Zaid Hamid on prime time every so often?

After reading some of the posts in this thread - It is a relief to read your well balanced, reasoned post.

Suppose some hot headed zealot PAF Commander starts shooting down US drones. Don’t you think having a powerful US naval strike group within 70 nautical miles of your cost line is a cause for concern?

I agree with and share your concerns. Pakistan-US relationship is full of contradictions but we are not thank god anywhere near being bracketed with Saddam's Iraq or North Korea or even Iran. Despite our problems Pakistan has a very deep relationship going back now over 150 years with the Anglo-Saxon world. The USA and it's progenitor UK have a deep symbiotic link with Pakistan. That this forum uses English and most of educated Pakistan uses English as a medium underscores this.

There are millions of us living in the Anglo-Saxon world and US-UK are not going to easily pull the trigger on us. Most of our trade is with the West. Check PIA flight routes and you will see most flights converge in particular on Anglo Saxon countries or other Western countries.

Yes things are difficult now but the day we head towards real hostilities I think we would have to contend with lot more than USS Enterprise. Strait of Hormuz and the sea route pass Gwadar is the 'pathway' for ship going to and from Persian Gulf. So we should not be alarmed with routine movements of US ships are always moving about all over the world.

Yes, I do however take note of your comment about some crazy 'Zaid Hamid' type in uniform shooting down drones. I also worry about another 9/11 type incident and this time it is traced to Pakistan. Yes, than I would be terrified and scramble to get my family out of Pakistan .............. fast.

And not because Pakistan would be flattened ( there might be targeted surgical strikes ) but because the West would simply sanction and starve us to death.

Then why does the title of the thread continue to be wrong and needlessly sensationalist?

'Cause it gives an outlet to the AMERICA bashers ?.:usflag:

...US Navy has two carrier strike groups in the Persian Gulf since April 2012. Just look at the map you will find that Straits of Hormuz is only a few hours sailing from Pakistan coast....

Pakistan can't consider everything U.S. in the Gulf a 'threat'. If they do, that's on them.:usflag:

...The Chinese Naval base is making some pplz/countries crying as hell......:smokin:

We'll keep a eye on them but we wrote the book on that !!

We got SOMETHING TO KILL everything. Another book we wrote...
I thought good ppl try not to kill but I'm seeing otherwise in ure book.......Wise pplz says "doing good is the best policy and not to kill"......:smokin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom