What's new

US UAV shot down in Pakistan

Dynamic_Dynasty

Reaction score
Local tribes shot down U.S. spy plane
Updated at: 2350 PST, Tuesday, September 23, 2008
ANGOOR ADDA: Local tribes have shot down a U.S. drone here, according to Geo News.

Local tribes shot down U.S. spy plane

MSNBC

The officials said the unmanned aircraft was shot down late Tuesday in the village of Jalal Khel in South Waziristan after circling over the area for several hours. Its wreckage was strewn on the ground, they said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief the media.

A U.S. military spokesman in Afghanistan, Capt. Christian Patterson, said officials were looking into the report.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26857443/

Last edited:
It's on Geo now.

Just today Bush said on TV that he will respect Pak sovereignty... They had it coming.

US asked for it and they are the ones to be blamed for it unless ofcourse Zardari gets apologetic about it.

Updated at: 0031 PST, Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ANGOOR ADDA: Local tribes have shot down a U.S. drone here on Tuesday, according to Geo News.

The wreckages of the devastated U.S. drone was reportedly scattered in Village Jallalabad near Angoora Adda, sources said.

ISPR sources have not confirmed the annihilation of U.S. spy plane. While the security forces have reportedly taken the wreckage under control.

^^^ no holding back on the superlatives in that article ...

'devastated' and 'annihilation'.

Yeesh - a reporter high on starbuck me thinks.

Updated at: 0031 PST, Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ANGOOR ADDA: Local tribes have shot down a U.S. drone here on Tuesday, according to Geo News.

The wreckages of the devastated U.S. drone was reportedly scattered in Village Jallalabad near Angoora Adda, sources said.

ISPR sources have not confirmed the annihilation of U.S. spy plane. While the security forces have reportedly taken the wreckage under control.

It could have crashed ? There is no accurate missile / gun radar system with the tribals to bring a drone down so the probablity of mechanical fault cannot be ruled out.

Regards

could it be shot down via a manpads? if yes then I don't think if a radar is needed for that.

It could have crashed ? There is no accurate missile / gun radar system with the tribals to bring a drone down so the probablity of mechanical fault cannot be ruled out.

Regards

Lets see. Investigations are going on by political administration.

Regards

or maybe it was the army who shot it down but dont want to take the credit like they have been saying earlier for the warning shots on US choppers!

I cant imagine how the tribes can possibly shoot it down. BBC is saying that it crashed.

could it be shot down via a manpads? if yes then I don't think if a radar is needed for that.

Yes it could be a manpad but till date they have not used this against the PAF or the USAF in Afghanistan at better targets like slow helos etc so I doubt they will waste it on a drone.

Regards

it could be a uav,but all news will provide link only when they get considerable proof,lets hope it was a predator

Back
Top Bottom