What's new

US to resume military training programme for Pakistan: State Dept

What sort of fighter pilot training we require from them, we are interested in 2 things for now either its for F16 block 70 or AH 1Z.

It is kind of a pilot exchange program. Nothing fancy. Go there and get attached to one of their squadrons. Its usually an ACC viper squadron and sometimes its a C-130 squadron aswell.

I'm not sure of the specifics yet.

What a disaster...

Always a slave to US... As long as Pakistan's military won't shed its love for US, nothing will change.

Lol, if the world has thoughts like you, humans would still be in stone age. I have no idea where the term slave for into this equation. Pakistanis getting American quality education, is slavery to you?

Lol, if the world has thoughts like you, humans would still be in stone age. I have no idea where the term slave for into this equation. Pakistanis getting American quality education, is slavery to you?
Whenever i see Pak and US deal,
First thing that comes to my mind is this.

As long as our national interests are served,
We are happy to side with anyone.

upload_2019-12-20_16-18-46.jpeg

They are all human and susceptaible to the giles of the wicked; it's either money or honey and everyone's got a breaking point.....our soldiers are human too.
That doesn't mean that you have to send them to US just because of {anyone can be corrupted anywhere} theory.

Great. I think long term it is in our national interest to have a balanced positive relationship with the USA too. These sorts of projects help build bridges, but the real bridges we need are business interests.

Update:

5 fighter pilots and 5 engineers are already on way to US to participate in different training modules.

Source:<MAAF KIYA JAI>
hopefully I am not confusing or mixing up what I read or watched before on this subject.
the American idea behind this is to cultivate American friendly officers among military and civilian setup of Pakistan. people who have the chance to lead the Pakistani military and civilian institutions.

this is a soft and long term approach that is in line with American thinking that keeping Pakistan tied up with F-16s gives Americans more say and control over them.

I do welcome this resumption whatever the intent of the Americans. because the learning and intelligence gathering is a two way process. Americans and Pakistanis alike get the chance to learn and understand each other but I am sure there will be areas that will be out of bounds for Pakistanis that might be open to other international students.

something I am personally aware as my family friend who was shortlisted for American US Army rangers program and the Turkish Special forces program decided to go for Turkish course since he said that there was no new learning from Americans as they kept Pakistanis out of special classes that were otherwise open to other even non NATO countries participants.

that all said and done it is a positive development

What a disaster...

Always a slave to US... As long as Pakistan's military won't shed its love for US, nothing will change.

Keep your friends close and enemies closer; which ever the case may be with the US we need to keep it close. Suffice to say, the US Congress (the real opposition to Pakistan) has recently been vehemently more critical of India over Kashmir issue then our own government and state. DoD is another place where Pakistan has little to no friends or fans. We need to participate in their military programmes to create PR.

hopefully I am not confusing or mixing up what I read or watched before on this subject.
the American idea behind this is to cultivate American friendly officers among military and civilian setup of Pakistan. people who have the chance to lead the Pakistani military and civilian institutions.

this is a soft and long term approach that is in line with American thinking that keeping Pakistan tied up with F-16s gives Americans more say and control over them.

I do welcome this resumption whatever the intent of the Americans. because the learning and intelligence gathering is a two way process. Americans and Pakistanis alike get the chance to learn and understand each other but I am sure there will be areas that will be out of bounds for Pakistanis that might be open to other international students.

something I am personally aware as my family friend who was shortlisted for American US Army rangers program and the Turkish Special forces program decided to go for Turkish course since he said that there was no new learning from Americans as they kept Pakistanis out of special classes that were otherwise open to other even non NATO countries participants.

Can you expand more on it ? How is it even possible to discriminate.... I wonder how can armed forces allow such thing to happen and still try to fall for the lollipops given to them by Americans.

Sir, it's by no means positive development Pakistan, Americans realize this was more beneficial to them and that's why they came back to it.

That doesn't mean that you have to send them to US just because of {anyone can be corrupted anywhere} theory.

I am no advocate of sending Senior Military Personnel abroad. However, trainers can be sent abroad for training on train the trainer basis where they return and train Military personnel on new tactics.

Exactly. Additionally, the Americans look extremely desperate to make a comeback in Pakistan after China Pak cooperation. I don't like these developments. When the Americans behave in such a desperate manner it is usually a bad sign for the host nation.
That's it. USA ki.kuttay wali hui haunis waqt. They don't want china in.pak. Trying everything for it. May be we should play double game as we always done in the past haha

Back
Top Bottom