What's new

US Thwarted $1.5mil Iranian plot to kill Saudi ambassador

Aljazeera poll of Arabic speaking people on the subject:

http://www.aljazeera.net/PORTAL/KSe...rAnswer=0&actionType=0&dispType=1&voteID=3535

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Now the most accepted theory circulating the western world is that this is a false flag operation, conducted by a non-Iranian entity who will benefit from a US-Iran war. It is not difficult to see who these suspects are.

Careful...They say they eat brains. And their evil is sooo...evil. That they also eat some more brains out of pure evil.

Damn, he was not assassinated, so what's the fuss is all about? It's like, Afghanistan thwarted a 1.5mil dollar Indian plot to kill Dr. Rehman Malik.

it generally isn't ISI policy to comment on such things which are of no concern for them...therefore i doubt the validity of this article

it generally isn't ISI policy to comment on such things which are of no concern for them...therefore i doubt the validity of this article

Maybe but a local newspaper has interviewed a senior official. Maybe they are breaking the rule just to show their power to US specially since recently Pakistan was being accused of assassinations too in Afghanistan.

The Young Turk dude is funny but logical. Although I don't buy his assertion that high-ranking Saudi officials funded the 9/11 terrorists.

Anyway, one thing I am certain of: Obama's Nobel Peace Prize should be taken back! Why give to another same-old, same-old war-monger when the world is full of the likes of Pakistan's Abdul Sattar Edhi? Shame on the Nobel committee!

@Unbeliever, you are right. People are not buying this bizarre theory of official Iranian involvement. Let's see what the official Saudi position is going to be. May be this is another pawn in the chess-game to isolate Iran: Neutralize the threat to Israel from Assad/Hezbollah (note, the 'moderate' Arab regimes strongly condemned Assad), implicate Iran in a False-flag to create grounds for a war. I hope Pakistan does not help the plot--the thickening and sickening plot.

( see highlighted)Which people- I'm curious? The Iranians? Pakistanis- the usual who won’t believe anything coming out of the US? ---

BUT you being a US resident surely you know they have overwhelming proof (tapes, video / audio recordings) that has been discussed in detail stateside. That includes the Saudi intelligence and its rulers confirming that the proof was overwhelming

i mean, i'll be more ''clear'' about it myself:

it's a psy-ops, a means to try to arm-twist Iran. I don't believe any of it personally. I don't think the Iranians are so dumb that they would orchestrate such an attack in the U.S.; though i wouldnt be surprised if the Iranians had something to do with the attack on Saudi officials in Pakistan, as it was around the same time that the Saudi national guard deployed soldiers to Bahrain to aid in the harsh crackdown on anti-government protesters.

and surely, no half-decent intelligence force would use a convicted criminal / drug user (such as Mr. Arbabsiar) to carry out such a brazen attack. . . and quite frankly, a $1.5 million ''fee'' paid to Mexican drug cartels is also laugh-worthy. To the cartel syndicates, $1.5m is absolute peanuts, they wouldnt risk getting more attention and inviting the wrath of Uncle Sam just to aid and abbet in a risky operation in the capital of the US

it seems that many American friends themselves are questioning the ''wisdom'' of their government with regards to this ''incident''

1) Never before in the history of this regime's existence has Iran contracted an assasination or anything of the sort to an outsider. In Lebanon and Iraq and even Africa the agents have all been Hezbollah members. So why would the regime work with Mexican drug cartels and a random dude of Iranian origing in the US??? They have thousands of operatives in NA.

2) Are you telling me that the Iranian govt put its trust in a man who has a criminal record in the US?!!?!

3) Appareantly the Iranian guy that they captured wired 100K dollars to some Mexican dude's bank account. HAHAHHAA So the Iranian regime doesn't know that every transaction over 10K dollars is monitored in the United States?

4) The Quds force which has created Hezbollah in Lebanon out of nothing and has trained and supported for decades is behind this? Are you kidding me? The Quds force has killed and injured thousands of your men in Iraq (according to the Americans), killed hundreds of your men in Lebanon etc... is behind this? Which story should we believe?

5) The Saudi embassador to the US? WHYY????

People who believe in such garbage should be lined up and have a hot rod pushed far up their *** holes. How dumb do you have to be to believe such garbage?

Being familiar with "Saudi Speak" , it appears like..yeah yeah..as if believe it...we will use this as an excuse to make some hoopla and may be turn it into a benefit with USA...US is having the maximum ache for a reason. First it was to restore its image to the Saudis as a "friend", second as a "ethical" nation which cares for everyone interests and thirdly as a pivot point to rally arabs for war against Iran. The biggest loser in the case of war will be Arabs, particularly Saudi Arabia.

'All options open on Iranian plot'

By GHAZANFAR ALI KHAN | ARAB NEWS
Published: Oct 16, 2011 23:38 Updated: Oct 16, 2011 23:38

RIYADH: As tension mounts between Riyadh and Tehran, demands for the Kingdom to do more to punish Iran over the alleged conspiracy to kill Saudi Ambassador Adel Al-Jubeir in the US are rising.

Saleh Al-Khathlan, vice president of the National Society for Human Rights (NSHR), said Sunday that the Kingdom should recall its ambassador from Tehran and take other appropriate measures to respond "in full" to the heinous Iranian conspiracy.

"All options are open for us to respond to the Iranian plot," said Osama Nugali, a spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, while speaking to Arab News by telephone from Cairo.

Nugali said there was no move to recall the Saudi ambassador from Tehran for the time being, adding that the Kingdom is a peace-loving nation.

However, he did not rule out any future course of action that could prove to be a deterrent for Iran and for those nations that have complicity in causing trouble in the Kingdom.

Although Al-Khathlan demanded the recall of the Saudi ambassador to Tehran, he cautioned against escalating tension, particularly when there are many unanswered questions surrounding the alleged plot.

“After this incident Saudis will expect the Kingdom to take measures, the least of which will be to pull the Saudi ambassador," said Abdullah Alshammari, a government official in Riyadh.

"There were always problems with Iran and Saudi Arabia, what is new now is that America is involved. The fact that the Saudi ambassador was the target in the US, I believe this will mean the Kingdom and the United States will take a joint decision together.”

Hassan Al-Ahdal, another political analyst, said that Iran was worried about losing its only Arab ally, Syria, because of domestic turmoil there, “so it is creating havoc in other countries.”

“Targeting Saudi diplomats is one way to weaken Saudi diplomacy as well as fomenting civil disturbances in GCC states, most notably, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain,” he added.

This is not for the first time that relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia have flared. Iranian protesters firebombed the Saudi Embassy in Tehran in April this year.

© 2010 Arab News

This is not for the first time that relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia have flared. Iranian protesters firebombed the Saudi Embassy in Tehran in April this year.
Iranian Protesters Firebomb Saudi Embassy in Tehran | The Gateway Pundit
Scores of Iranian students have attacked the Saudi Arabian embassy with firebombs to protest the Gulf country’s role in cracking down on anti-government protesters in Bahrain.

The official IRNA news agency says protesters tried to attach a flag of the Lebanese group Hezbollah to the embassy’s gate Monday, but were prevented by police. Protesters chanted slogans against Saudi and Bahraini leaders, both followers of Sunni Islam.

Iran, predominantly Shiite Muslim, has denounced the deployment of a Saudi-led force to help prop up Bahrain’s monarchy. A government crackdown against Bahrain’s Shiite-led protests has killed at least 27 people. Authorities say they see Iran’s influence among the opposition, though there are no visible links.

And, of course, the US flag was torched during the protest.
look at the last sentence. this is important. they are always the same group of guys who do this and they never forget to burn the Israeli or the US flag. It is their duty to remind what their leader asked them to do. Everyone is ashamed of these guys.

Iranian Protesters Firebomb Saudi Embassy in Tehran | The Gateway Pundit

look at the last sentence. this is important. they are always the same group of guys who do this and they never forget to burn the Israeli or the US flag. It is their duty to remind what their leader asked them to do. Everyone is ashamed of these guys.

Then keep them on a leash. They are not improving relations between the two countries. You don't see Saudis fire bombing the Iranian embassy now do you?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom