What's new

US threatens sanctions over Iran gas deal

When the Solomon arrives you know it will be off topic anti pakistani anti muslim and reduces the quality by half!
On topic - Lets take the sanctions on the chin. It wont effect the everyday man as much as you guys think

Yea we had sanctions in the 90s and it lead to self reliance and jvs. So we produced al khalids, jf17, cruise missiles. Please america I am begging you sanction pakistan. The only losers will be our corrupt leaders.

Excellent post. A simple 'thanks' wasnt enough so had to quote and applaud you. Welcome to the forum.

You are really welcome. I am flattered. But the fact of the matter being it is actually the truth that you have liked and my explanation has nothing to do with it. Pakistan has alot of potential which remains untapped. I feel good to have been of service to you. Cheers.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Uncle SAM has problem with evrybody

Uncle Sam even has problems with Americans too. Just look at the economy and health care in US.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Yea we had sanctions in the 90s and it lead to self reliance and jvs. So we produced al khalids, jf17, cruise missiles. Please america I am begging you sanction pakistan. The only losers will be our corrupt leaders.

That is the point. Sanctions might create some manageable difficulties in the first few years, but as time passes the quality of life will increase in Pakistan. The national will is there. In the end, Pakistan will reap the benefits and become a wealthier and more powerful state in the region and beyond once we start going along our national interests instead of worrying about others.

All great nations in the world have some time during their history been under sanctions. Germany, Japan, China, Russia, Iran and even India. Sanctions are not necessarily a bad thing. It can be seen as an opportunity to excel. Once people realize what is in their best interest instead of what is best for other's interests then all problems become easy to solve. The main problem of Pakistan is economy and it is not going to go away without access to massive energy resources. All great great economies use large amount of energy and almost all import large amount of energy in the form of natural gas, oil, coal, uranium etc. Pakistan is not going to be any different if it aspires to come up with a GDP of above a trillion dollars.

To augment my point in above post, I have to say that China is importing gas and oil from a variety of sources and India is even going to Vietnam and South China sea to get oil and gas. Pakistan is lucky to be just adjacent to a large source of oil and gas in the form of Iran. This is an edge for Pakistani economy.

And of course the best example to prosper in Sanction is Iran...Even INDIA was sanctioned at the time of nuclear testing. That leads us to the self reliance in missile technology too...So i feel if Pak is sanctioned it should be considered as an opportunity to self reliance than a dependent economy with any one..

If that's the plan, then, well, you know -- US is no friend of Pakistan and Pakistan is no friend of US -- US seeks to contain Pakistan such that it is as benign to the US as the arbis are -- the role for Pakistan is "transitistan" - can Pakistan live with that? NO, you say? Well then, it's time to get real, China seem to be exhausted at the kinds of problems Pakistan are determined to cause for it and determined to be a problem for just about everybody, so what options are available to Pakistan?

One thing I forgot in my response to this important question in my previous post, is this news which I just heard. Qatar is setting up an embassy for Taliban in Qatar so they can bypass Pakistan in their talks with US. Maybe our "relationship" is not that great there to start with that we need worry so much about it that we keep ourselves poor and energy starved in order for those nations to be happy. What else can you expect.

And of course the best example to prosper in Sanction is Iran...Even INDIA was sanctioned at the time of nuclear testing. That leads us to the self reliance in missile technology too...So i feel if Pak is sanctioned it should be considered as an opportunity to self reliance than a dependent economy with any one..

That is the point. Keep your independence and work hard without paying attention to outside interfering noise. Aid will only make a nation lazy and corrupt. Only self reliance and friendships based on honor and trade are good. One way relationships are going to damage us. It is like the relationship of a weak, poor and beautiful young lady with a very powerful, lustful and nasty man. We all know what will be the end of such a relationship. At first it might look like a very good friendship to boast about. But as time passes, whatever the girl does will not be able to satisfy the fat man since the girls does not have anything to offer beyond herself. Either she will become a w-hore or she will be r-aped. She must not make such a relationship and is she in such a relationship she must finish it off. She must rely on herself and be confident. In the beginning it is going to be hard but as time passes it is going to get more beautiful.

One thing that might happen is that they will accuse Pakistan of many things in near future and start talking about containing Pakistan and even sanctions overtly or covertly just like the plan against Iran. It seems to be bigger than this pipe line or else.

o dear goodness me; apologize for the multiple posts

my browser is being gay

mine too yaar

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

#

i wish they would stop threatning and just get on with it

mine too yaar

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

#

i wish they would stop threatning and just get on with it

Me too, I hope they just sanction us instead of just threatening. We say bring it on. At least there will be less imported dollars for corruption at top.

Who is USA to dictate in our regional and internal matters. It about time the US role in playing regional differences be culled. US is the sole cause of disunity in Asia. Why should Pakstan persue an expensive project like TAPI?? So a pro-American government in Afghanistan could be at our throat anytime by cutting our gas??? Remember the sole intention of USA behind supporting taliban and then culling them as well was the TAPI project. And the same project is the sole reason of Afghanistan invasion by US.

Who is USA to interfere and dictate the relations and future of Asia?

, I hope they just sanction us instead of just threatening. We say bring it on. At least there will be less imported dollars for corruption at top.

No point welcoming sanctions - we have to have a better track than this - If China or Russia or both become a part of this project, we can pretty much disregard the threat of sanctions, however, without offering the Russian or the Chinese greater concessions in Balouchistan and offshore, Pakistan is not likely to bring these players over to it's side.

At the same time, the West has now established a precedence in the Libyan case, will they use it in Balouchistan? I don't think so, Pakistan is not Libya or any arbi tyranny.

Back
Top Bottom