What's new

US tech workers' body ask Trump to suspend H-1B visa programme amid layoff fears

WHAT success has india had in IT that other nations haven't? In fact there are many that have done FAR better than 1.4 billion indians.

That is a valid feedback....But here Indians are not saying that other nation's education system is creepy and stupid....

We have definitely done exceedingly well in term of getting biggest pie in IT outsourcing jobs in the last 30 year...That has created an ecosystem where jobs, economy and overall infrastructure of IT has been laid in the Indian job market...And as our outsourcing model matures, we have moved on with the value chain to next level by enhancing our contributions...

Last edited:
Bullshit out your ***, I’ve see contracts go out 5 or even 10 years out depending on the work. Not about low skill but substandard education and quality. Why you think lots of times these Indians have to retake a lot of courses in university if they already have a bachelor and want to get into a masters program, cause they know quality sucks. It’s a bitter pill to swallow but it’s the truth.

I had class mates from Ganguland on student visas and often times even professors wondered how the hell you even got here without basic knowledge. Now the Chinese are on another level brilliant minds and majority of times professors took them and Pakistanis as research assistants etc. .

Majority Pakistanis coming to US are married individuals brining their spouse or kids hence the reduced years to get citizenship this is general among all nations.

More bullshit. Yes us Indians have no GRE or GMAT requirements and just take the next flight to a university of our choice. Yes, us Indians get C on every course and we are still retained in the program since we are Indians. You are arguing for the sake of arguing now.

Technology changes every year, If you don't update yourself, they will find another guy who knows these new skills. Seriously, If you are not a daily wage worker, this should be known.

For the rest of your rant, your claims may satisfy fellow Pakistanis who don't know how US works. FOr the rest, they know you are shooting yourself in the foot with every post of yours.

Other races who are far fewer in number than indians are way more scientifically and technologically superior than Indians could ever be.

That is absolutely correct...In the value chain, a small country like Ireland has more innovation than India.....But again, our situation is different...We are not so rich people...Innovation is created when there is an ecosystem of job security to the firms and employees. Indian IT has not subscribed to innovation because we do not have that appetite nor capability to invest in R&D and take a risk of that investment till 2010...But off late, things are changing in IT space too...There are many IT products that are designed and created in India for many US-based companies....

But overall, I agree with you...We are not in that level yet...Mate....I am not criticizing here...When I am saying Indian has done well, that does not translate that Pakistan has not done well....You have done with the best of your capacity and circumstanced surrounding you in the last 30 years...In the same way, we have done our part.....

Well we managed to make strides in defence technology. So much so that our enemies who are more than 7× bigger than us and have the full backing of the West and Russia are too powerless to mess with us........:azn:
Can you name one component of the JF-17 fighter that is Designed, Developed and made entirely in Pakistan? I would like links from neutral sources plz.

WHAT success has india had in IT that other nations haven't? In fact there are many that have done FAR better than 1.4 billion indians.
Can you name a country that out sources talent like India in the tech world? The tech industry itself is highly diverse. So to satisfy requirements of such diverse domain by India is an achievement in itself. Many countries have tried to copy this model with no success.
Take Pakistan for example who claims better education and IQ on this very portal. You should be ahead of Hindus in this field given the higher IQ and you should have higher achievements than Hindus in this world.

More bullshit. Yes us Indians have no GRE or GMAT requirements and just take the next flight to a university of our choice. Yes, us Indians get C on every course and we are still retained in the program since we are Indians. You are arguing for the sake of arguing now.

Technology changes every year, If you don't update yourself, they will find another guy who knows these new skills. Seriously, If you are not a daily wage worker, this should be known.

For the rest of your rant, your claims may satisfy fellow Pakistanis who don't know how US works. FOr the rest, they know you are shooting yourself in the foot with every post of yours.

https://miningawareness.wordpress.c...nce-and-engineering-graduates-trumps-quality/

This is a study that was done on the Quantity & Quality of Indian IT graduates your schools are putting out, I rest my case.
Don't try and argue and defend the indefensible. Links are provided within as well.

https://miningawareness.wordpress.c...nce-and-engineering-graduates-trumps-quality/

This is a study that was done on the Quantity & Quality of Indian IT graduates your schools are putting out, I rest my case.
Don't try and argue and defend the indefensible. Links are provided within as well.

This study is samething like we complain about manufacturing of Chines goods....If you pay well, you will good product, otherwise, you will get what you pay for....

If studies are to be taken into account for creating an impression about an IT industry of India, then based on your argument the entire US Corporates must be fool that they just outsourced everything to India....

This study is samething like we complain about manufacturing of Chines goods....If you pay well, you will good product, otherwise, you will get what you pay for....

If studies are to be taken into account for creating an impression about an IT industry of India, then based on your argument the entire US Corporates must be fool that they just outsourced everything to India....

Lol, again read the article, the only reason pay increased for imported work has happened is due to shortage in the work force --

You lot love to throw articles and stuff if it satisfies you but when it runs counter to your narrative suddenly, "Oh these sort of studies happen daily", take it from me child your quality and education is shit.

I have to say something here. H1B visas are pretty vital to the tech companies in the US. It is mainly Chinese and Indian but there are other nationalities too. They are usually good engineers. In our field, it really doesn't matter where you studied or got your skills from as the tech interviews will weed our the capable from the bullshitters. I never had any issue with fellow indian engineers (managers tho, that's a different story) The idea that US citizens will absorb the openings is simply false. 1. there aren't enough americans students majoring in engineering. Most of the engineering colleges students around the country are Chinese or Indian. 2. Companies spend a lot of time and resources to onboard an engineer. I have heard of companies like infosys but I have never worked with them so no comment.

But WHAT major invention has that indian scientist created? Could he/she have done it without using the Science, Technology and expertise of the White races?
The evidence of India's skill is international chess. In chess, the player is on his own. So you cannot speculate about help from Whites or collaboration with Whites. If you still accuse Indians of taking other's help in preparation, then it is not valid because during chess preparations ALL players work with coaches and use computers. Once the chess game starts, it is player's talent that matters. Link for you:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viswanathan_Anand

- PRTP GWD

Last edited:
Is this the Guy below- Joined 2020 Jan and is only tweeting H1B related stuff- poor guy must have got the pink slip. I am sure he can do a lot of damage with 108 followers- Its very simple how this works- Manufacturing is outsourced to China to control cost - IT is outsourced to India too control Cost- so what the problem here.

IvanMod
@IvanMod1
Joined January 2020
64 Following
108 Followers

The problem is what happens when China and or India is taken out of the global supply chain.
Or our supply chain and business continuity is threatened during political hostilities.

The eventual outcome of COVID-19 is a slow and deliberate redistribution over the next decade.
As for work visas, I would have thought (perhaps naively) an expat worker is more expensive than a domestic worker and so the market will self regulate supply and demand.

Cost of living is the same for both groups, but a foreign worker will incur a greater cost to relocate and settle?
The department of labor governs wages for knowledge workers so it is unlikely the foreign worker is being paid less? Perhaps I don't understand the issue enough to know why quotas are set and how the system is being abused and its implication on American jobs.

The problem is what happens when China and or India is taken out of the global supply chain.
Or our supply chain and business continuity is threatened during political hostilities.

The eventual outcome of COVID-19 is a slow and deliberate redistribution over the next decade.
As for work visas, I would have thought (perhaps naively) an expat worker is more expensive than a domestic worker and so the market will self regulate supply and demand.

Cost of living is the same for both groups, but a foreign worker will incur a greater cost to relocate and settle?
The department of labor governs wages for knowledge workers so it is unlikely the foreign worker is being paid less? Perhaps I don't understand the issue enough to know why quotas are set and how the system is being abused and its implication on American jobs.
There is an absolute shortage of Tech Talent in the USA- Thats the main reason- As far a comp/benefits go- The Labor department is keeping a tight tag on this to maintain parity. (Off course there will be a few bad apples, just like in every field)- Market averages- Titles and Levels- define the salaries for H1B-(LCA).

Perhaps I don't understand the issue enough to know why quotas are set and how the system is being abused and its implication on American jobs.
There is a video in post #3 you can watch. If that isn't enough, maybe USCIS can help with explanation :

"The H-1B visa program should help U.S. companies recruit highly-skilled aliens when there is a shortage of qualified workers in the country. Yet, too many American workers who are as qualified, willing, and deserving to work in these fields have been ignored or unfairly disadvantaged. Employers who abuse the H-1B visa program may negatively affect U.S. workers, decreasing wages and opportunities as they import more foreign workers. "

https://www.uscis.gov/report-fraud/combating-fraud-and-abuse-h-1b-visa-program

Four Indian-Americans arrested in US for H-1B visa fraud
https://www.businesstoday.in/curren...ed-in-us-for-h1b-visa-fraud/story/360867.html

There is a video in post #3 you can watch. If that isn't enough, maybe USCIS can help with explanation :

"The H-1B visa program should help U.S. companies recruit highly-skilled aliens when there is a shortage of qualified workers in the country. Yet, too many American workers who are as qualified, willing, and deserving to work in these fields have been ignored or unfairly disadvantaged. Employers who abuse the H-1B visa program may negatively affect U.S. workers, decreasing wages and opportunities as they import more foreign workers. "

https://www.uscis.gov/report-fraud/combating-fraud-and-abuse-h-1b-visa-program

Four Indian-Americans arrested in US for H-1B visa fraud
https://www.businesstoday.in/curren...ed-in-us-for-h1b-visa-fraud/story/360867.html

Absolutely, the first priority is American jobs @Bilal9 if these visa programs are being abused at the expense of American workers then the toughest legal cost should be imposed on violators.

Back
Top Bottom