What's new

US tech workers' body ask Trump to suspend H-1B visa programme amid layoff fears

Viswanathan Anand does not make even .00001 percent of talent in India. That kind of talent exists in most every country.
In the realm of covert intelligence great game, this is how it works:

Suppose there are two teams 'A' and 'B', each consisting of 1000 people. In team 'A' everybody has an IQ of 100 and in team 'B' 999 people have zero IQ and only one person has an IQ of 120. Team 'B' would be superior to team 'A' because team A's individual IQs don't add up to give individual IQ higher than 100. On the other hand, team B's average is just 0.12 but the highest individual IQ is 120.

So it's not the average that matters but the team's best person's ability that matters. Thousands of 100 points IQ people may work together but they can't come up with an idea better than that of a single 120 IQ person.

- PRTP GWD

its lengthy and complicated issue but basically IT companies have been milking the system loopholes to get cheap labour for their work. They have been blackmailing the congress that if these loopholes are closed they will move their business out of the country..while they are lobbying to get the cap increased its kinda a stalemate between IT & congress

You and I went to a more or less respectable American college, spent years educating ourselves and spent hundreds of thousands in loans paying back over decades to get an education and marketable technical or business skills.

These Indian fakers went to a third-rate Indian school for FREE - as relevant as it is to the level of education provided there, then stole question papers to barely pass by the skin of their teeth (as is common in India). Then they took a three month course by a scam Indian software outfit, instantly transforming into and claiming to be a software 'expert'. This scam Indian outfit brought in these unqualified people to the US to 'help cut costs'. Actual costs are of course - never lowered, we in the US are simply training these H1B idiots for free while they breed new Sanghis in the US.

Congratulations - your H1B Sanghi Indian colleague is now considered 'equivalent' to yours and will replace you anytime your US employer decides it needs to save a few bucks. They will buy bigger houses than you (given that husband and wife both are minting money) and will drive around in luxury cars while you and I (the schmucks that we are) work like idiots to pay off our student loans.

H1B program should be dropped immediately if not sooner. High time this is abolished. Plenty of Americans available to do these jobs in these tough times.

One Viswanathan Anand does not make even .00001 percent of talent in India. That kind of talent exists in most every country.

I have seen Indian H1B's for a long time and seen their quality of work.

They can't write code worth $hit and the only reason they survive in the US workplace is because White or other US-Born managers take pity on them.

Their talent level is 'gobar for brains' and everyone in this country knows it. The day of the 'brilliant Indian coder' ended two decades ago, whatever few folks there were, nowadays all you get is underclass gobar talent.

Now if you are a Indian Sanghi and prize gobar (gau mata product) highly - do hire these talent in India, America doesn't need them.

Anyone working in Corporate America will vouch for this - even Indians from decent families educated in the US who work with these H1B's.

Low life H1B's need to go back to India - now.

Mr. Kaniska - how far will you push these stories?

The reason outsourcing happens to India is because of low cost - but this is a myth pushed by scummy Indian BPO companies. Actual cost is no lower.

As far as education system, here is an Indian school where Higher Secondary exam (US High School graduation equivalent) is being held. Yes those are relatives climbing to the fourth/fifth floor supplying cheating notes and stolen question papers to exam-takers to help pass the exam. This is the level of education H1B Indians actually have and they claim as US equivalent. Teachers don't even dare challenge these practices. Enough said.

Yeh hai tera India....

iu

Very well written.

@Bilal9

@dbc you asked how labor for H1B Visa gets cheaper read below

You've probably seen these companies like IBM hire outside IT firms (consultants) who in turn hire Indians on billable hours and the actual pay ends up being lower and these IT firms end up eating majority of the cost and these H1B visas barely earn the minimum. I have IT firms who've openly discussed these processes to me and they cycle their workers every 6 months -- and often times bring close family and relatives into the US through this scheme -- it's an opened fraud and it needs to be completely shut down.

Worst of all they bring their Jahil Pindu behavior over -- those IT workers who end up having green cards and can't handle the heat anymore, immediately leave the field and opening up convenience and/or liquor stores.

Last edited:
They should shut it down these damn Indians abuse this system to much and their IT Workers are substandard below par. I have friends working in Abbive, Nokia Data Centers, etc., and the stories are scary as to how incompetent they are.
US IT industry is going down cuz of this unethical immoral stunted growth people.
They sud have done it long ago..

US IT industry is going down cuz of this unethical immoral stunted growth people.
They sud have done it long ago..

I believe had it not been for this Pandemic in the world; he would have done it to win the election.
I pray this moron wins so at least he can complete this because the demo-craps wouldn't.

I have to say something here. H1B visas are pretty vital to the tech companies in the US. It is mainly Chinese and Indian but there are other nationalities too. They are usually good engineers. In our field, it really doesn't matter where you studied or got your skills from as the tech interviews will weed our the capable from the bullshitters. I never had any issue with fellow indian engineers (managers tho, that's a different story) The idea that US citizens will absorb the openings is simply false. 1. there aren't enough americans students majoring in engineering. Most of the engineering colleges students around the country are Chinese or Indian. 2. Companies spend a lot of time and resources to onboard an engineer. I have heard of companies like infosys but I have never worked with them so no comment.

Do you really think this thread is about fixing H1B issue?
This thread is about some kids being jealous that they did not get the lollypop whereas someone else, who they perceive as the inferior race, has struggled hard to take away the lollipop from them....

The problem is what happens when China and or India is taken out of the global supply chain.
Or our supply chain and business continuity is threatened during political hostilities.

The eventual outcome of COVID-19 is a slow and deliberate redistribution over the next decade.
As for work visas, I would have thought (perhaps naively) an expat worker is more expensive than a domestic worker and so the market will self regulate supply and demand.

Cost of living is the same for both groups, but a foreign worker will incur a greater cost to relocate and settle?
The department of labor governs wages for knowledge workers so it is unlikely the foreign worker is being paid less? Perhaps I don't understand the issue enough to know why quotas are set and how the system is being abused and its implication on American jobs.

To be honest, H1B is definitely a problem for people like us who are currently a citizen of this country...But does that mean, only Indian are to be blamed??? Heck no...

Your points are valid and rational. The moment US corporates outsourced their work to other countries, we have taken the risk of fall out in the global supply chain problem...But it is not quite easy to mitigate such risk even if the popular sentiment is always to avoid outsourcing..

China in manufacturing and India in IT are prime beneficiaries of the outsourcing process...There is a definite lucrative incentive for the US economy that has restricted US Gov to impose a restriction on it...If you think, there are ways and processes that can be followed to stop this outsourcing and we can perform all manufacturing and IT task in our country here, then feel free to share it...

Do you really think this thread is about fixing H1B issue?
This thread is about some kids being jealous that they did not get the lollypop whereas someone else, who they perceive as the inferior race, has struggled hard to take away the lollipop from them....

To be honest, H1B is definitely a problem for people like us who are currently citizen of this country...But does that mean, only Indian are to be blamed??? Heck no....

Your points are valid and rational. The moment US corporates outsourced their work to other countries, you have taken the risk of fall out in global supply chain problem...But it is not quite easy to mitigate such risk even if popular sentiment is always to avoid outsourcing..

China in manufacturing and India in IT are prime beneficiaries of outsourcing process...There is a definite lucrative incentive for the US economy that has restricted US Gov to impose a restriction on it...If you think, there are ways and processes that can be followed to stop this outsourcing and we can perform all manufacturing and IT task in our country here, then feel free to share it...

I am aware of dubious tax ‘optimization’ strategies adopted by US IT service companies that offshore work to their affiliates in India for the purpose. I dislike protectionism, I see it’s consequences first hand in countries like France. I firmly believe competition is good and we should never take our jobs and career for granted.

Abuse of work visa is starting to register as a problem with me, especially if it leads to the loss of jobs due to the import of sub standard knowledge workers from India. I still don’t understand why a software programmer has to be in the US, why can’t they work remotely from India?

I am aware of dubious tax ‘optimization’ strategies adopted by US IT service companies that offshore work to their affiliates in India for the purpose. I dislike protectionism, I see it’s consequences first hand in countries like France. I firmly believe competition is good and we should never take our jobs and career for granted.

Abuse of work visa is starting to register as a problem with me, especially if it leads to the loss of jobs due to the import of sub standard knowledge workers from India. I still don’t understand why a software programmer has to be in the US, why can’t they work remotely from India?

How do you rate someone as substandard? Every person who comes to this country has to go through the certain pre-defined process by our Govt. Do you mean, our Govt is not capable of identifying substandard people but the esteemed Pakistan and BD people in PDF can suggest who is standard/sub-standard about the selection criteria of our Govt?

If you assume that some substandard person is getting qualified in US visa program, then we should question the labor department who is issuing visas to these people. Either they are corrupt or our Gov is in complicit in the abuse...

I still don’t understand why a software programmer has to be in the US, why can’t they work remotely from India?

Well...it is quite natural that you do not understand it...Well...even i have the same question that I usually ask to myself too...Technically they should be able to work in India...So these questions should be asked to the organizations and out Gov that why are they allowing a visa for software programmers?

Every person who comes to this country has to go through the certain pre-defined process by our Govt. Do you mean, our Govt is not capable of identifying substandard people.

How is this done today?

https://miningawareness.wordpress.c...nce-and-engineering-graduates-trumps-quality/

This is a study that was done on the Quantity & Quality of Indian IT graduates your schools are putting out, I rest my case.
Don't try and argue and defend the indefensible. Links are provided within as well.

And not to forget that Fake Degrees and Qualifications are a huge business in India. Every dic.k and harry there can get fake degrees even from high quality education institutions with the participation of the corrupt officials from these educational institutions.

Not sure mate... I am not sure, how any so-called standard person can really beat the competency of our govt to come to this country...

Bottom line I want smart, capable hardworking immigrants coming in, the rest should be sent back.
The how isn’t clear to me.

I still don’t understand why a software programmer has to be in the US, why can’t they work remotely from India?
Your question is valid but I just wanted to give a little clarification about H1B visa, in theory it is not specific to software jobs, yes, in practice the majority of H1B visas are given for are computer related jobs (around 70% I believe), there are other jobs that are not software programming (medical, architect, etc) but yeah, not as much as compared to IT

So these questions should be asked to the organizations and out Gov that why are they allowing a visa for software programmers?
Lets play a fun game, how about you read the title of this thread

Not sure mate... I am not sure, how any so-called standard person can really beat the competency of our govt to come to this country...
Must be nice not to know much and hope everyone else don't talk about it too. I can see how you like to beat around the bush without having any facts.

To be honest, H1B is definitely a problem for people like us who are currently a citizen of this country...But does that mean, only Indian are to be blamed??? Heck no...
Indians are the biggest beneficiary of H1B visas. In 2018, 74% of H1B applicants were from India. Of course, we should instead focus on discussing about Thailand that were about 0.1% of applicants.

This is called H1B fraud. See @ziaulislam bhai's post above yours and you will see how Indian scummy companies get around this. They've good too many tricks up their sleeve.

The claim Indian scummy BPO companies make is to lower costs for American corporations and get more supposed talent 'bang for the buck'; by getting these low-priced 'talent' from India. What you are getting is 'claimed' as talent, but in actuality '$hit for brains' garbage. These people aren't even fit to work for Indian corporates. Ask any educated Indian in India itself.

When Pres. Trump raised the H1B salary limit to $100,000 a year, he did squash these fraud practices somewhat but not entirely. Before this, the garbage that was coming in for $60,000 a year salaries, were horrendous.

I will explain more - later.

But again - H1B visa process should be abolished - NOW!

We need those jobs for American citizens and their families.

H1b need to be revamped to allow only foreign nationals with advanced degrees from American universities. On top of it you include protections for Americans based on unemployment situation.

There are a lot of crappy Indians masquerading as developers. There are a lot of good ones. The crappy ones being hired is a reflection of deception/dishonesty by shady Indian operators and American corporate lethargy and shoddy hiring practices.

India/Indians are going to win anyway. If you do not give H1b's the entire project will be outsourced abroad. You cannot prevent it given the mobility of capital. India and China are the only countries with the population base and education skills to support outsourcing on this scale. Given concerns about China's intellectual property theft India will be a big beneficary of this outsourcing.

If you think average Indians are bad your average Bangladeshi/Pakistani/Iranian/Egyptian are even worse. I have dealt with all of them.

Your question is valid but I just wanted to give a little clarification about H1B visa, in theory it is not specific to software jobs, yes, in practice the majority of H1B visas are given for are computer related jobs (around 70% I believe), there are other jobs that are not software programming (medical, architect, etc) but yeah, not as much as compared to IT

Lets play a fun game, how about you read the title of this thread

Must be nice not to know much and hope everyone else don't talk about it too. I can see how you like to beat around the bush without having any facts.

Indians are the biggest beneficiary of H1B visas. In 2018, 74% of H1B applicants were from India. Of course, we should instead focus on discussing about Thailand that were about 0.1% of applicants.

Nope...you are focussing because you have a specific objective to malign India...It is not like you are trying to fair to be talking about immigration reform process...US Govt at this current state do not need any immigration till next 5 year...Forget H1B visa, do you think Americal University do not produce any smart candidates that can be produced someone outside???

So I am basically questioning the basic premise of abusing the effect of an inefficient system...If Indian degrees are so bad, Why are these companies outsourcing more than 70% of IT business to India rather than doing in Pakistan or Afghanistan or any other Muslim countries?? Because, based on your estimate, we can produce cheap certificates without any degree....That means, Pakistan and all of your friendly countries are definitely qualified and they are really genuinely impacted due to this huge scam by Indian resources..So how come these outsourcing model is successfully growing each year???

Bottom line I want smart, capable hardworking immigrants coming in, the rest should be sent back.
The how isn’t clear to me.

Rather than sent back, they should not be allowed to enter in the 1st place...If they are allowed to enter, then it is the deficiency in our system that needs to be corrected...We should address the cause rather than the symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom