What's new

US Special Forces conducted multiple raids in Pakistan

The security and intelligence apparatus is working round the clock, their progress in this regard is not made public for obvious reasons.
As far as assassinations are concerned the ISI does not follow the tactics of Mossad or CIA.

:pakistan:

I didn't say ISI to assassinate Pakistani leaders!! I said to assassinate the Blackwater operatives if they're prove to be a threat!

I understand your perspectives of morality here, but it's the only way that you can naturalize a threat.

I didn't say ISI to assassinate Pakistani leaders!! I said to assassinate the Blackwater operatives if they're prove to be a threat!

I understand your perspectives of morality here, but it's the only way that you can naturalize a threat.

There is a lot happening which can not be discussed here

:cheers:

WOW! WOW! WOW!

This is a dangerous situation! Is there no one in the army that can stop this "Blackwater"?

Why don't ISI assassinate them?

If this has been happening for 5 years without PA not protesting means they decided to remain silent. About killing Americans, it's not that easy.

Accept it or not Pakistan has close contacts with american's and they are very involved in Pakistan. I learnt in this forum that certain training center's are managed by them.

I also see relationships going bad between USA and Pakistan.

WOW! WOW! WOW!

This is a dangerous situation! Is there no one in the army that can stop this "Blackwater"?

Why don't ISI assassinate them?

ISI is not an action force.. it is an intelligence gathering branch, which is over occupied by the amount of foreigners we have arrested.
any how fearing this black water and ttp started targeting ISI first and are killing ISI officers and also using western media against ISI.
You know what US embassy has requested officially for the special permits to let xe (blackwater) to carry illegal arms and our new govt. granted it happily.
later ISI found that ministry officials were bribed 0.25 million USD each for helping secure permissions.

ISI is not an action force.. it is an intelligence gathering branch, which is over occupied by the amount of foreigners we have arrested.
any how fearing this black water and ttp started targeting ISI first and are killing ISI officers and also using western media against ISI.
You know what US embassy has requested officially for the special permits to let xe (blackwater) to carry illegal arms and our new govt. granted it happily.
later ISI found that ministry officials were bribed 0.25 million USD each for helping secure permissions.

I don't know guys, it's your country and you know it better, but from what I hear from you, I think General Musharaf was far more stronger.

Accept it or not Pakistan has close contacts with american's and they are very involved in Pakistan. I learnt in this forum that certain training center's are managed by them.
Accept it or not indians offered US that they will supply man power and machines if US agree to bomb Pakistan before Afghanistan.
Now you know our situation is not as simple as iranian.
Yes we even fought russian war together.. than what is the point?
It is our embassy in US decide to issue thousands of visas to americans not the army.. infact army asked for rational approach.

There were apparently a total of four raids. The last being the one that was publicised and condemned widely in Pakistan and the GoP. One of those violations was to retrieve the wreckage of a downed Predator.

The military source said that was the fourth raid of previous years. Two of the others targeted Taliban and al-Qaida "high-value targets" near the border, while the third was to rescue a crashed Predator drone. He said that one of the capture raids succeeded, the other failed and the US sent elite soldiers to the downed Predator because they did not trust Pakistani forces. "People were afraid they would take the parts and reverse- engineer its components," he said.

US forces mounted secret Pakistan raids in hunt for al-Qaida | World news | The Guardian

As I told before...
U.S. Special Forces are in Balochistan in very small number...

This is well known and not new, just an example of Americans tryign to recycle old news as new to put more pressure. After last American raid across the border, NATO supply line was shut down for some days and orders were given to border posts to open fire at NATO troops crossing over. Some US helicopters received fire from our posts.

After last American raid across the border, NATO supply line was shut down for some days and orders were given to border posts to open fire at NATO troops crossing over. Some US helicopters received fire from our posts.

As it should be - despite all the ranting about 'ISI tipping off insurgents' there has been no evidence provided to show that is true, and in fact the comments by Petraeus from 2008 that I often mention indicate that the US only had one 'unambiguous case in which someone in the ISI might have provided insurgents information on a Pakistani raid'.

The point is that after eight years the only thing the US has been able to do with these raids is get 1 HVT, while creating tensions in the US-Pak relationship (especially with the Pak Military) and managing to get the US more disliked in Pakistan than India, which is quite an achievement.

This despite the fact that Pakistan has shown willingness to go after AQ targets if provided the intelligence and the tools. Nothing the US SF's can do cannot be done by the Pakistan Army.

A threat to whom, exactly? Do we know if these Xe/Blackwater guys are on the payroll of the U.S. or of a GoP that doesn't trust its own intelligence service?

This is very troubling news indeed. The first three raids were conducted during Musharraf's regime, which is unsurprising seeing that he damn nearly invited them into our country. The fourth raid was mounted under Kayani's leadership. I believe this is the one in which Pakistani soldiers opened fire on nearby hills to stop the American soldiers' progress. I remember there were big pro-Army rallies in Pakistan after that.

As many here know, I have been supporting and defending the actions of the Army from the time Musharraf stepped down. If drone strikes continue, if there are more incursions onto our soil, if the presence of unwanted American elements inside Pakistan keeps increasing, I don't feel the Army will be able to maintain the public's trust much longer. I would hate to see the Army's approval ratings go down to those during the Musharraf-era.

I very much like the idea suggested above, this should be debated in the National Assembly. Our US ambassador and Foreign Minister should lodge strong protests against these incursions, and the PM should make it clear that they will not be tolerated. I would also like to hear Gen. Kayani speak on this issue. If I see no action, I will be very disappointed indeed.

It seems as if CIA got impressed by the indians; talk big, do nuffin! Make big claims and when asked to assist then back out.

i wonder why are the yanks so 'anxious' of attacking Quetta with drones, why dont they provide us with the requisite info and let us do our job?

See, they (CIA and party) mince words when asked tough questions:
The ISI official denied such links and accused the US of "scapegoating" Pakistan for its own failures. "During the past year there has been zilch actionable intelligence about the Quetta shura or Haqqani," he said. "If they are so sure Mullah Omar is in Quetta or Karachi, why don't they tell us where he is?"

The CIA declined to comment. "We don't as a rule comment on the agency's relationship with foreign partners or on reports of our operational activities," it said.

i think it would be a win win for both the parties if the americans provides us with the intelligence (if they actually are so sure about the Shura), tech and time. This way we do our task, we get to take the credit and keep our sovereignty intact, and this would also help the US to increase its ratings among the Pakistani masses as the americans would have shown a responsible behavior by respecting our domains and boundaries.

The aim is to get the job done smoothly, efficiently and with least of the repercussions, and i dont think there is a better way other than that i mentioned, to do this thing right!

Otherwise, the Nation has already gone fed up of the 'interferences' from the 'outside' (East and West), let's not compel them to take actions that would make the matters worse, this way the yanks might win, but they wont be getting an iota of support whatsoever in the future from a Pakistani.

i dont know where their brains are when someone someone suggest the US military/intelligence to undertake unilateral actions inside another sovereign state as if it would happen in a Jungle!

If drone strikes continue, if there are more incursions onto our soil, if the presence of unwanted American elements inside Pakistan keeps increasing, I don't feel the Army will be able to maintain the public's trust much longer. I would hate to see the Army's approval ratings go down to those during the Musharraf-era.
I feel that is why the Army leadership spoke out publicly against the KL Bill- they did not want to be seen as supportive of it just because they maintained public silence on the issue.

The problem is that if the Army speaks out it gets criticized by the liberal fascists in Pakistan who thunder about 'usurping civilian authority' (never mind that the PA made clear that the decision on the KL Bill would rest with parliament despite their misgivings), and if it doesn't speak out everyone assumes the Army is supportive since the impression is that nothing can get done without the Army's approval.

In that light I thought the statement by the Corp Commanders was excellent as a PR exercise in that it made clear the conditions in the bill did not have Army support, but that they would abide by whatever the parliament decided.

In the case of Army reactions to US violations there might a similar minefield to navigate, though those opposing the Army would find it hard to criticize the military for speaking out against US violations of Pakistani sovereignty and still be seen as credible voices by most Pakistanis. The key would be to get the media involved and make sure 'witnesses' and 'evidence' of some sort were obtained and made accessible.

I feel that is why the Army leadership spoke out publicly against the KL Bill- they did not want to be seen as supportive of it just because they maintained public silence on the issue.

The problem is that if the Army speaks out it gets criticized by the liberal fascists in Pakistan who thunder about 'usurping civilian authority' (never mind that the PA made clear that the decision on the KL Bill would rest with parliament despite their misgivings), and if it doesn't speak out everyone assumes the Army is supportive since the impression is that nothing can get done without the Army's approval.

In that light I thought the statement by the Corp Commanders was excellent as a PR exercise in that it made clear the conditions in the bill did not have Army support, but that they would abide by whatever the parliament decided.

In the case reactions to US violations there might a similar minefield to navigate, though those opposing the Army would find it hard to criticize the military for speaking out against US violations of Pakistani sovereignty and still be seen as credible voices by most Pakistanis. The key would be to get the media involved and make sure 'witnesses' and 'evidence' of some sort were obtained and made accessible.

liberal fascists are as bad as Extremists are for Pakistan.
They are as active in propaganda against PA and ISI as any anti Pakistani media is and west loves to encourage them.

Back
Top Bottom