What's new

US ship fires on boat off Dubai, 1 dead

Now arrest them kike the Italians. btw what happened to the italians after so much ho ha?

Can't arrest them, the italians were in Indian water, and were arrested by the navy I think. This incident happened in the Gulf so the jurisdiction falls on who ever's flag the ship was sailing under.

That's right, gang, it isn't a fighting ship but a logistics vessel, a gussied-up tanker, appropriately called an "oiler" in Navy parlance. Did the aggressive boat mistake the ship for an oil tanker and easy prey for pirates? You decide.

No..as the boat in question was a UAE flagged fishing boat crewed by Indian fishermen on contract. Name one instance in modern times where Indians were involved in piracy. Actually we are one of the biggest victims of piracy operating out of Somalia. So no, its not a case piracy but your soldiers/sailors being trigger happy.

You killed civilians out there,I know they are worthless to U.S army,but you can't justify your acts.
Just because of USS Cole incident,you can't shoot anyone you see from your naval vessels.

If you are so stupid as to keep coming at a US naval vessel after repeated warnings, it is best to remove you from the gene pool. (my bet it was Iranians seeing how close the could get)

Yes!!! thats an excellent idea but Unluckily Pakistan govt. or the ruling elites don't have steel b@llz required to take that action .Anywayz Pakistan's public would love to join for that action..........:smokin:

Like they did for the last Afghan adventure? How many went home in boxes?

You would have warned in English and in Arabic. But Tamilians dont speak Arabic.

Again I hope GoI pursues this matter with US Govt and gets to the root of the matter.

When we fired across the bow? Lights and lasers? Like I said...best they were removed from the gene pool (no matter what language I spoke...when they fired across the bow...I could figure out I shouldn't go straight at them)

USNS Rappahannock Fires after Vessel ignores warnings
By: U.S. Naval Forces Central Command Public Affairs​

FIFTH FLEET AREA OF OPERATIONS – An embarked security team aboard a U.S. Navy vessel fired upon a small motor vessel after it disregarded warnings and rapidly approached the U.S. ship near Jebel Ali, United Arab Emirates today.

In accordance with Navy force protection procedures, the sailors on the USNS Rappahannock (T-AO 204) used a series of non-lethal, preplanned responses to warn the vessel before resorting to lethal force.

The U.S. crew repeatedly attempted to warn the vessel’s operators to turn away from their deliberate approach. When those efforts failed to deter the approaching vessel, the security team on the Rappahannock fired rounds from a .50-caliber machine gun.

The incident is under investigation.

Maybe they were in distress and in need for assistance? Could have first sent smaller boats to intercept or a helicopter first.

Dubai lives in peace and we don't need you to bring your warring culture to its coasts.

The small boat is probably a scout boat for the pirates disguised as a fishing boat casing for an oil tanker target for later hijack of the ship. They jumped on the wrong target and got a good beating as a result. Indians are mingling with the wrong crowd.

How will India respond to this?

India will probably downgrade diplomatic relationship with US just like they did to Norway.

Hmmm, a medium sized craft with three outboards...I know a certain country that is staking their entire naval strategy on those type of boats...

The small boat is probably a scout boat for the pirates disguised as a fishing boat casing for an oil tanker target for later hijack of the ship. They jumped on the wrong target and got a good beating as a result. Indians are mingling with the wrong crowd.

India will probably downgrade diplomatic relationship with US just like they did to Norway.

If these were "pirates" then India would not need to downgraded their relation with your country.
but your country is always full of BS, you will end up saying they were on a suicide mission to destroy your ships

Maybe they were in distress and in need for assistance? Could have first sent smaller boats to intercept or a helicopter first.

Dubai lives in peace and we don't need you to bring your warring culture to its coasts.
The USNS Rappahannock is a supply ship. While every military vessel is technically a 'warship', not every ship is equipped with a helo.

US military ship fires on boat in Persian Gulf, killing 1 | GlobalPost
The Navy told Al Jazeera that the crew of the USNS Rappahannock tried to hail the boat on radio and loudspeaker, and also used flashing lights and warning shots before firing a .50-caliber machine gun at the vessel.

If you are so stupid as to keep coming at a US naval vessel after repeated warnings, it is best to remove you from the gene pool. (my bet it was Iranians seeing how close the could get)
Ain't that a gas...???

Hmmm, a medium sized craft with three outboards...I know a certain country that is staking their entire naval strategy on those type of boats...

Don't worry if it was Iran then your ships would had first got a visit from a few thousand missile, torpedo's and then few thousand speed boats for any ships left (I doubt there would be any left after that :rofl:).
trust me there it would not had been one boat with an Indian on board.:lol:

Don't worry if it was Iran then your ships would had first got a visit from a few thousand missile, torpedo's and then few thousand speed boats for any ships left (I doubt there would be any left).
trust me there it would not had been one boat with an Indian on board.:lol:
Trust you? On what? On spewing nonsense like that? Yes we can trust you on that. The Iranian military is far more worry about its ability than your overconfidence.

I know this is hard to believe...so sit down and sip some tea...but the US navy is not nearly as scared of your battle-kyaks and fast canoe force as you like to believe.

No..as the boat in question was a UAE flagged fishing boat crewed by Indian fishermen on contract.
How are we supposed know the nationalities of the crew?

Name one instance in modern times where Indians were involved in piracy. Actually we are one of the biggest victims of piracy operating out of Somalia. So no, its not a case piracy but your soldiers/sailors being trigger happy.
And whoever was in charge of that boat was an idiot...

US military ship fires on boat in Persian Gulf, killing 1 | GlobalPost
The Navy told Al Jazeera that the crew of the USNS Rappahannock tried to hail the boat on radio and loudspeaker, and also used flashing lights and warning shots before firing a .50-caliber machine gun at the vessel.
You are telling everyone here, based upon your 'extensive' navy experience perhaps, that an experienced crew WOULD NOT understand these gestures?

The initials 'USNS' stands for 'United States Naval Ship' meaning it is a NON-COMMISSIONED vessel that is owned by the military but crewed by civilians. It is the initials 'USS' that stands for 'United States Ship' that is a commissioned warship and crewed by military personnel. Civilians still do have the right to self defense, correct? Especially when they have exhausted all available means of communication and warning, no?

If it were South Indian/Bangladeshi (majority of fishermen here), the level of education they have is close to nothing. They wouldn't understand anything.

There are no bombs in or around Dubai, there has never been a bombing here, I doubt it was going to start with a lonely US ship.

This might have been the first explosive used (in non-industrial/training capacity) in the country's history and sets a bad precedent. I hope other countries too investigate the matter and not just rely on a US clean chit to itself that almost always follows such incidents.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom