What's new

US sets benchmarks: Release Afridi or forego $33 million

Not a question of benefits. Osama was dead horse by then. Obama did that to show to Americans he meant business. That operation was a domestic policy compulsion to tell Americans that the reason to keep troops in Afghanistan was justified.

I dont understand @FaujHistorian logic that since he was hunting terrorist, he was doing right. So then by his logic, if foreign agency funded miscreants create chaos in our country that is also justified. Because why differentiate between them and Shakil Afridi!

Look you implied Daaaktar Afridi divulges state secrets

And I challenged that false assertion.

As he did not. Poor daaaktar had no access to any Pakistani state secret whatsoever

My dear @FaujHistorian sahib. I think we had this discussion before. Shakil Afridi is like Edward Snowden. If Edward Snowden is a traitor working behind the back of US govt, so is Shakeel Afridi.

Edward Snowden exposed state crimes of his nation's government. He can be declared by some there as traitor and some other Americans as a hero but Americans are no role model for us to follow. I strongly support what he did in a very similar spirit to what Shakeel Afridi did in Pakistan. Politicians and Janissaries(probably the right name for some armies) like to declare such people traitors to hide their own crimes and wrongdoings. It is ironic that such crimes were committed by our own universally beloved Obama's supposedly liberal government that most conservative presidents there would be shy of his great record.

Edward Snowden exposed state crimes of his nation's government. He can be declared by some there as traitor and some other Americans as a hero but Americans are no role model for us to follow. I strongly support what he did in a very similar spirit to what Shakeel Afridi did in Pakistan. Politicians and Janissaries(probably the right name for some armies) like to declare such people traitors to hide their own crimes and wrongdoings. It is ironic that such crimes were committed by our own universally beloved Obama's supposedly liberal government that most conservative presidents there would be shy of his great record.

While I admire your stance on privacy

I fail to see what "state crime" or "state secret" was exposed by Afridi

Please elaborate if you can

I fail to see what "state crime" or "state secret" was exposed by Afridi

He helped find someone who was given refuge in Pakistan by state elements. I do not think it was lesser than a crime. And all of the world were blaming that Pakistan had hidden him, for a long time prior to this incident. I never believed anybody in the world blaming Pakistan until he was eventually found living peacefully here.

The service which Shakeel Afridi had to offer has been delivered. For USA he is as good as a used condom but USA wants to show that it values such traitors so that other potential traitors who are yet to be used as condoms would feel they are worth something - worth filth!

Money Talks.

Last edited:
bro nothng will happen to india and Pakistan .. US can only mess with small and weak middle eastern countries .. we will nuke the bar b que out of them ;)
U. S. A is a super power. They can demolish us without showing in radar. Even Russia + China is no match for them. Remember, you are talking About U.S.A. they even don't need destroyer, f22 , f18, f35 to demolish us. Their f16s, f15s, B52s, few Apache, one or two refuellers, few submarine, is enough for this task. Instead of air talking and being emotional + national pride, why don't you open mind and use your brain .....

Last edited:
He helped find someone who was given refuge in Pakistan by state elements. I do not think it was lesser than a crime. And all of the world were blaming that Pakistan had hidden him, for a long time prior to this incident. I never believed anybody in the world blaming Pakistan until he was eventually found living peacefully here.

Believe you me if Obama had found Gen xyz implicit in hiding bin fing laden, heads would have rolled

So what you say is sadly just a rumor,

or at best a conspiracy theory

peace

In the end we will get 33 million and Afridi shall still be behind bars.

Countries relations are important and not personalities. Just a ploy to get one or two demands accepted. Nothing more.

Mr. Shakil Afridi has served his purpose.

Believe you me if Obama had found Gen xyz implicit in hiding bin fing laden, heads would have rolled
So what you say is sadly just a rumor,
or at best a conspiracy theory
peace

I really do not believe you at all.

But in other case as you suggest, the most hunted man was living right next to our military academy. Then what is the purpose behind raising one of the largest armies in the world? So we can keep incompetent people on welfare and keep children of our nation ignorant in every other village where there are no schools. And tomorrow when ignorant and economically deprived grown up version of those children will kill each other in the name of ethnicity, sectarianism and religion, we will use our great Army with pride to take care of those insrgencies in our society and never shy away from heroically labelling those elements as traitors/kafirs/mullahs to show off our achievements in humanity.

But in other case as you suggest, the most hunted man was living right next to our military academy. Then what is the purpose behind raising one of the largest armies in the world? So we can keep incompetent people on welfare and keep children of our nation ignorant in every other village where there are no schools. And tomorrow when ignorant and economically deprived grown up version of those children will kill each other in the name of ethnicity, sectarianism and religion, we will use our great Army with pride to take care of those insrgencies in our society and never shy away from heroically labelling those elements as traitors/kafirs/mullahs to show off our achievements in humanity.

What you are doing is precisely what Islamists wanted Pakistani youth to do

hate the guts of Pak army

Why?

Pak army is the last wall standing between Islamists' take over of Pakistan so they can promptly turn our beautiful country into a bombed out shell just like Islamist Emirates of Afghanistan or Somalia or worse Sierra Leon

You and many I know do no understand that we are just a breath away from turning into an utter chaos

you say bin fing laden was living in the same town where our military academy is.

So you presume a general must have kept him there

But where is your proof?

Wny can't you believe that fing laden was in Mansehra and then haripur and finally ended up in Abbaot Abad

That there were two pathetic Pakistani civilians who were willing to buy the house for fing laden.

But no

so many good hearted paks will waste no time in bad mouthing Pakistani army

not even a single minute

Sadly

Hi,

At this time, it is not worth it to keep Afridi---. The u s wants him bad----so let them take him. Pakistani does not need more problems. Pakistan made a point with Afridi----it is not worth it to push their luck.

If paks had stood behind the Musharraf govt and forced it to go after al qaeda----they need not have faced these issues.

Hi,

Sir---now you are being silly----. You are a new member and I hate addressing them as such. Millitary academy is just a school for training and not a war camp.

It is the west point of pakistan---does west point know if there are any criminals living in those large mansions.

If it was a war camp---the americans were on the ground for 45 minute or more----!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As is the case in any HAVELI in pakistan----you never know who lives there.

Back
Top Bottom