What's new

US Senator wants India to send its troops to Afghanistan

LoL we learn our lessons from mistakes committed by others - Soviet Union, US, NATO, Pakistan... everybody gets screwed in Afg, its more fun watching from outside, enjoy your talibani terror filled land.
"We learn it from Srilanka , We test it , it was so testy , our adventure is finished for this century "

Steel manjee ,
Never it will come . If so , remember , your luck is bad like others who are getting screw in Afganistan .

india will never send it's troops to afghanistan!!!!!...........we are not us lap-dogs!!!!:angry:........pakistan is there to do it!!!!!

with "lawmakers" like this and with policy-makers like that, I can see why this war is an unwinnable won as far as they are concerned

it's basically a polite way of saying --- "hey india......we'll tow your line a little bit to please you.....we'll also abandon the ally who helped us regain pride after we got our arses kicked by malnourished Vietnamese jungle-fighters. . . but please just send your troops so that ours can stop dying in ambushes"

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Though I appreciate Kirk's Words but I don't any Indian Government will support sending troops to Afghanistan.

smart thinking on your part

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Let Pakistan have its influence on Pashtun areas and India along with Iran will help Northern Alliance and other like-minded govern, Tajik, Uzbek and Hazara areas of Afghanistan.

India would not make the mistake of putting boots in Afghanistan nor will it completely vacate to let Pakistan have free run. India can do some limited things with cooperation from Iran.

seems Iran's on the other side now though, at least covertly.....in fact, it's been going on since late 2006/07

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

i would have defenately advocated sending troups if India share a border with Afganistan.

and US definately can arrange that.

always the dreamers........ would be great for another one of your third-rate mediocre budget bollywood films.

yes the US cant even control Kabul, but they can help india become neighbours with Afghanistan :laugh:

AQ and taliban are danger to all each and every non muslim (and some Muslims as well). America ignored LeT, they killed Daniel perl...

AQ yes....Afghan taleban dont have a global agenda, they merely see themselves as a sort of nationalist resistance against foreign occupation. I've even spoken recently to a couple of marines who were deployed in twice (in Kunar during recent tour). They themselves tell me that if they were in their shoes, they'd be doing the same thing......"we are in their country afterall"

LeT is a non-existent organization that was banned under the previous regime in Islamabad. A purely Kashmiri-centric organization. (which is why it was a huge thorn on indian side)

This troop will educate,train the afghan national guards and safeguard Indian assets.

many of your brave troops became suicidal @ Siachen....in mostly non-hostile environment. Keep that in mind.

Engaging Taliban by Indian forces will be bad move, Ignoring Afghan will be blunder...

as for as YOUR country is concerned, i'd be a lot more worried about the 30+ indigenous seperatist/rebellion groups operating with impunity in over 1/3 of your country's landmass.

forget Afghanistan for now, one thing at a time! :laugh:

IMO.. the wise US senator shall be considering how to feed the existing Indian army in coming months... if transit aid is not resumed.

I think Indians.. will also start to repack from Afghanistan, if transit aid kept block for another 12 months.

Aid blockage will also help show Karzai his real place.

they'll need a lot more than just a few lightly armored Mahindras.......Iranian made 'dragon' shaped-charge IEDs are awash in Afghanistan

i'm being told that my fertilizer is being misused (i emphasize MIS-used) to make bombs in that country as well. So I'm being told.

IMO.. the wise US senator shall be considering how to feed the existing Indian army in coming months... if transit aid is not resumed.

I think Indians.. will also start to repack from Afghanistan, if transit aid kept block for another 12 months.

Aid blockage will also help show Karzai his real place.

Indian army in Afgh?? huh???

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

india will never send it's troops to afghanistan!!!!!...........we are not us lap-dogs!!!!:angry:........pakistan is there to do it!!!!!

There are no Pakistani troops (unless disguised as Taliban) in Afghanistan...

The US senator is free to air his opinion.
GOI and Indians in general are free to reject it.

Indian army in Afgh?? huh???

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

There are no Pakistani troops (unless disguised as Taliban) in Afghanistan...

thats what i meant!!!!........if us wants anyone to take it's place let it be pakistan!!!!.....they are former CENTO member if i am right!!!

uhhh yeah, so is Iran......what does CENTO have to do with this :what:

i mean you guys have totally supported uncle sam in the past!!!!.......so it won't make much of a difference if you guys support the US now and in the future!!!!

we already have troops in Afganistan ... but only defending Indian Investments thr ... India is building Railroad from Iran's port being developed by India to Kabul .... may be in coming years we will base more troops thr... for protecting the ever increasing investments... the point is do these troops will go on offensive when Taliban tries to return in power... I think surely will use...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom