What's new

US Senate warns Obama on Rouhani in letter signed by 76 lawmakers

KSA didn't deceive Pakistan in any way, come again Eastern Pakistani.

Signing a defense cooperation and extraditing people to our arch rivals deal doesn't really come under anything friendly even , mate .

Oi @Secur - What are your thoughts on this ? :what:

On the topic or on the topic at the moment ? Be specific ! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
On the topic or on the topic at the moment ? Be specific ! :angry:

More on what I'd want to say right now ! :unsure:

Why is it that whenever there is a realignment of our Qiblah we seem to miss out Mecca & aim straight for either Riyadh or Tehran ?

Why can't we tell the both of them - We love you but please foOk off...you've indulged in enough sh*t in our country to leave a lasting impression ! For those of us who live here & move about know full well that the Iranian Cultural Centers weren't exactly teaching Hafez & Rumi here; just as we know that the Humanitarian efforts of our Saudi Brethren, especially when it comes to the construction of Mosques & Islamic Centers of Learning, probably wasn't what the names suggest them to be !

Just trade with them, exchange pleasantries with them & reciprocate some of the 'love' they have for us at a time & place of our choosing, should they continue exporting their Culture & Learning to Pakistan !

The extradition came from KSA's end to Pakistan i.e. Pakistan had been consulted prior to this as well as the defense cooperation agreements. I have worked with your Gov't and I know what I'm saying. If you think we do a thing without Pakistan's consultation. Everything we do serves your interests to the most, including India's call on us regarding the Khasmir dispute :).
Signing a defense cooperation and extraditing people to our arch rivals deal doesn't really come under anything friendly even , mate .

Why is it that whenever there is a realignment of our Qiblah we seem to miss out Mecca & aim straight for either Riyadh or Tehran ?

Why can't we tell the both of them - We love you but please foOk off...you've indulged in enough sh*t in our country to leave a lasting impression ! For those of us who live here & move about know full well that the Iranian Cultural Centers weren't exactly teaching Hafez & Rumi here; just as we know that the Humanitarian efforts of our Saudi Brethren, especially when it comes to the construction of Mosques & Islamic Centers of Learning, probably wasn't what the names suggest them to be !

Just trade with them, exchange pleasantries with them & reciprocate some of the 'love' they have for us at a time & place of our choosing, should they continue exporting their Culture & Learning to Pakistan !

I second that. We should maintain equal relations with both countries. The problem arises when certain people want to make Pakistan a sacrificial lamb for Arabs by being more Arab than the Arabs themselves.

Iran ke sath Arabion ki khathir panga lay ker hume kiya milay ga?

How was I supposed to know what did you have in mind ? :what:

That seems to be problem of this nation - head straight for a country and embrace it . Why ? That was the Pakistani's stance towards U.S. and now its happening to our relations with China - why dont we understand that there are no friends in International politics ? When will we learn to keep a neutral foreign policy ?

I dont see any reason why should we take sides in Arab-Persian rivalry , unless of course it is in our national interests because they trump all in International arena . We embraced both at a time , gave them space in our country but both kept on pushing their agendas for their dominance . Cant seem to understand , why ? If there's a brotherhood , then it makes no sense to do things that would harm a brother country . But as we know that it doesn't exist . I am aware of all of this , trust me , Tehran isn't left behind in this game to play their rivalry here , they have more than cultural centers .

Indeed , Pakistan first ! I am not a religious person . Sure , reciprocate in kind and try to get the best deal from both . Why not ?

I second that. We should maintain equal relations with both countries. The problem arises when certain people want to make Pakistan a sacrificial lamb for Arabs by being more Arab than the Arabs themselves.

Iran ke sath Arabion ki khathir panga lay ker hume kiya milay ga?

It works both ways !

Both of them have shown us the middle finger when it suited them & so I'd oppose any Strategic Relations with either KSA or even Iran for that matter - God Bless them Both & I say that very sincerely but I'd rather we treat them the way one treats a somewhat undesirable relative - Yup....we're related but I don't think I'd be able to make it to your place for Dinner !

' @Secur - Na pehleii comment kiyaa....na abbb ? :cray:

@Armstrong

I'm not suggesting that we should be pro-Iranian or anything. But Iran being our immediate neighbor deserves more priority over countries that do NOT border us.

Right now, our Western borders are giving us more trouble than our Eastern one. We have lost more people due to problems emanating from our Western neighbor. This is concerning when our main enemy is in the East but we have put ourselves in such a position where we have been forced to allocate much needed and very limited resources to our Western border with Afghanistan.

Remember, Saudi Arabia does NOT border Afghanistan or Iran, WE DO. Thus, if we want a peaceful Afghanistan we must work together with our Western neighbors, particularly Iran.

This does not mean that we allow Iranian "charity" groups to come into our country and set up "educational" facilities, i am in no way suggesting we allow such a thing, be it from Iran or any other country.

But Iran is our immediate neighbor and it is our duty to maintain good relations with them otherwise you can forget about seeing the light at the end of this tunnel.

India has been capitalizing on the current situation very well by taking advantage of the enmity between Pakistan and Afghanistan and the growing animosity between Pakistan and Iran.

We have allowed india to encircle us by pursuing a illusion of "Islamic brotherhood" with our so called Sunni Arab "brothers".

The extradition came from KSA's end to Pakistan i.e. Pakistan had been consulted prior to this as well as the defense cooperation agreements. I have worked with your Gov't and I know what I'm saying. If you think we do a thing without Pakistan's consultation. Everything we do serves your interests to the most, including India's call on us regarding the Khasmir dispute :).

I fail to understand why Pakistan would approve any such thing , mate . What sense does it make ? Islamabad herself giving permission to Riyadh to extradite a person living in your country and to sign a defense cooperation agreement , not that you need our permission for anything , whatsoever . Why ? In what capacity , have you worked with the Govt of Pakistan , if you can tell us ?

Friend , if you aren't aware , in the 80's , your country exported an ideology to us and trust me , it has harmed Pakistan more than anything else . There are whole religious institutions running in our country with the money from the Kingdom that promote nothing but extremism . What should I call that , then ?

@Secur - Na pehleii comment kiyaa....na abbb ? :cray:

Refresh your page , then :)

I have spoken on that issue. I don't think a single Pakistani soul deserves to be taken away for KSA or Iran or whatever. I do agree to some extents with everything you say, but please, don't say something without having a knowledge about it in 1st hand.

Did these boys come to radicalize your own people?

Saudi civil defense in Pakistan
‫

Maybe such conspiracy theories would have worked out 30 years ago, but this isn't what I'm seeing these days.

@Desert Fox - Dude, I think it goes beyond 'Pakistan's doing' alone !

Even when it comes to Afghanistan, if you read our Historical Relations with them, we extended a hand of friendship towards them at every possible opportunity ! And yet what did we get in turn ? Loy Afghanistan, Faqir of Ipi, allegations of trying to the influence the referendum of '48, Pashtunistan, aggressive posturing & even an invasion of Pakistan (Bajaur in the '60s) - All of that compelled us to respond in kind starting from supporting Hekmatyar & Masood against Daud Khan during the Bhutto Regime, a brainchild of Naseerullah Babar to supporting the Taliban when sh*t had literally hit the ceiling & even the support for Taliban must be understood in a particular context, time & space.

In their case its more of a my enemy's enemy is my friend than anything that we did !

The same is true with Iran ! When the Shah was at the helm of affairs - We had the best of relations ! Then the Ayatollah came & started looking for every shred of land with any Shia presence to export his Revolution to. Simultaneously the Saudis came & started doing their own thing !

End Result - We're foOked !

Therefore I say, with grim determination, stay away from the both of them - There is no need to cultivate relations with either that goes above & beyond normal trading & benign cooperation !

Sorry Armstrong my friend balm your country don't balm KSA for you own failure. Saudi Arabia humanitarian assists and financial help go to muslims and non muslim worldwide not only pakistan. Sorry mate again but you are behind your own misery no us.

Peace

Sorry Armstrong my friend balm your country don't balm KSA for you own failure. Saudi Arabia humanitarian assists and financial help go to muslims and non muslim worldwide not only pakistan. Sorry mate again but you are behind your own misery no us.

Peace

Indeed we are because we let the both of you in as did the Iraqis, the Lebanese (for a time) & now the Syrians !

Did these boys come to radicalize your own people?

God Bless these Boys - I mean it !

But the Saudi Funded Madrassas aren't a figment of my imagination nor is the on going Arab-Persian turf war in Pakistan, for that matter !

Everyone , it would be worth keeping in mind that Iran seriously harmed the Pakistan's stance once on Kashmir despite no apparent reason to do so .

http://www.milligazette.com/news/333-how-iran-saved-india-in-1994-kashmir-UN-voting

Cut to March 1994. On a winter morning, with the Elbruz Mountains overlooking Tehran airport still under snow, braving cold winds, a special Indian military plane touched down. On board was an ailing Dinesh Singh, then External Affairs Minister, along with three others. Barely able to walk, Singh had been dragged out of a hospital bed to deliver an urgent letter from Prime Minister P. V. Narasimha Rao to Iranian President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani. Incidentally, this was the last such tour in the 50-year diplomatic career of Singh.

The Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC), supported by influential Western nations, was pushing a resolution at the UN Commission Human Rights (UNCHR), later rechristened as Human Rights Council, to condemn India for human right violations in Kashmir. The resolution, with UNCHR approval, was to be referred to the UN Security Council for initiating economic sanctions and other punitive measures against India. As in the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in the OIC, too, decisions are by consensus.

Recalling how India was saved from disgrace, former ambassador and expert on Iranian affairs M K Bhadrakumar believes that Rao had shrewdly prevailed on Iran to abstain from voting. “Once there is no consensus in the OIC, the resolution was bound to fall through,” Bhadrakumar pointed out.

The Iranians had no clue to the Indian Minister’s mission. Casting aside protocol, Iranian Foreign Minister Dr. Ali Akbar Velayati was at the airport when Singh alighted. Velayati, asked what on earth could be of such momentous importance for Singh to risk a perilous journey in his precarious condition. In reply, Dinesh Singh smilingly handed over a demarche.

In the course of the day, he went through his “Kashmir brief” diligently in meetings with his Iranian interlocutors, namely, Velayati, President Rafsanjani and Iranian Majlis Speaker Nateq-Nouri. By evening, Singh retuned to his hospital bed in Delhi, but with an assurance from President Rafsanjani to Prime Minister Rao “that Iran will do all it can do to ensure that no harm comes to India.”

What Iran gained by obliging India is an abiding mystery. Only after 72 anxious hours did Delhi learn that Iran had killed the OIC move to table the resolution. This marked a new chapter in India-Iran relations with wider consequences. Iran distanced itself from Pakistan in the matter of Afghanistan; and, India joined hands with Iran to promote the Northern Alliance, which was inimical to Pakistani interests. Pakistan was shocked by what it termed as “backstabbing”.

@Armstrong

I'm not suggesting that we should be pro-Iranian or anything. But Iran being our immediate neighbor deserves more priority over countries that do NOT border us.

Right now, our Western borders are giving us more trouble than our Eastern one. We have lost more people due to problems emanating from our Western neighbor. This is concerning when our main enemy is in the East but we have put ourselves in such a position where we have been forced to allocate much needed and very limited resources to our Western border with Afghanistan.

Remember, Saudi Arabia does NOT border Afghanistan or Iran, WE DO. Thus, if we want a peaceful Afghanistan we must work together with our Western neighbors, particularly Iran.

This does not mean that we allow Iranian "charity" groups to come into our country and set up "educational" facilities, i am in no way suggesting we allow such a thing, be it from Iran or any other country.

But Iran is our immediate neighbor and it is our duty to maintain good relations with them otherwise you can forget about seeing the light at the end of this tunnel.

India has been capitalizing on the current situation very well by taking advantage of the enmity between Pakistan and Afghanistan and the growing animosity between Pakistan and Iran.

We have allowed india to encircle us by pursuing a illusion of "Islamic brotherhood" with our so called Sunni Arab "brothers".

Although I can't fully admit or deny any past role of my country in Pakistan, be it negative or positive, but I'm sure of one thing:
Security of Pakistan is security of Iran and vice versa. Any conflict in Pakistan,especially in western borders means trouble for us.Jundallah is an example where they exploited lack of security in Baloochestan province of Pakistan to execute hit and run attacks on us.
Just as you said neither Saudi Arabia nor any other Arab country borders Pakistan, it's Iran Afghanistan,India and China and if we don't think of something together, we are all doomed.

Just as you said, Pakistan should be first priority to all Pakistanis, the same for Iranians and a prospering Afghanistan and Pakistan is the best thing to happen on Iran's eastern borders.
We may not be great allies, but can be great friends and partners, and we have to.

Back
Top Bottom