What's new

US sanctions on Iran killing children with EB: NGO

Make sense.

Iran overall is the best player in ME, your culture/language/religion heritage extended far beyond Iran border. I think Iran Revolution in 1979 is the one of the most important history moment in modern history.

But I think Iran should be more patient, and control your hostility. US is moving his force and weight from EU/ME to East Asia, Iran will get better chances and opportunities later.

The Syria civil war, create huge power vacuum, it ends well. Iran get a big share of the pie, and increased influence. If the revival of Iran continue for next 2-3 decades, the geopolitics of ME will be completely changed.

The decline of US seems unavoidable, China will check US power in East Asia for sure and more or less worldwide. US will have to give up some privilege in ME, and Iran has big big bargaining chip.

Last but not least, I think Iran should make friend with China for long term national interest. If what you said is true about Rohani, I think it's unwise. It's not about economy only, it's about Iran international position in new world order, and definitely China would like to share more power than US in the new arrangement.

What I heard is, after JCPOA, China didn't get much projects. Most projects go to European companies pocket. I think China is kind of pissed off, and less motivated to challenge US on sanctions. China keep low volume oil trade with Iran, but not ideal situation.

Yup. I agree with you. The US is digging its grave by weaponizing the US dollar and trying to use its economic prowess as a weapon to manipulate other countries. They're threatening anyone who doesn't want to succumb to their unrealistic demands with sanctions or by breaking their deals. Iran, Turkey, India and most recently Egypt.

Yeah. China is culturally closer to us than Europeans are or will ever be. We have thousands of years of mutual relations and history and China does not feel committed to protect Israel at all costs (unlike the US and Europeans). And you're right that China didn't get any good projects after the JCPOA while Europeans got all the projects, even ridiculous projects like catering for our inter-city trains. That's one of the criticisms I brought up previously. As I told you, even though Rouhani and Ahmadinejad might seem to be two sides of the same coin, they have radically different foreign policies and strategies. Rouhani ignored China before the US pulls out of the JCPOA. When the Chinese president visited Iran, he sent Zarif (Minister of Foreign Affairs) to welcome the Chinese president while he always sucked up to Europeans and continues to suck up to them at any opportunity. I personally consider Rouhani a British asset that has committed treason against our national interests.

Yup. I agree with you. The US is digging its grave by weaponizing the US dollar and trying to use its economic prowess as a weapon to manipulate other countries. They're threatening anyone who doesn't want to succumb to their unrealistic demands with sanctions or by breaking their deals. Iran, Turkey, India and most recently Egypt.

Yeah. China is culturally closer to us than Europeans are or will ever be. We have thousands of years of mutual relations and history and China does not feel committed to protect Israel at all costs (unlike the US and Europeans). And you're right that China didn't get any good projects after the JCPOA while Europeans got all the projects, even ridiculous projects like catering for our inter-city trains. That's one of the criticisms I brought up previously. As I told you, even though Rouhani and Ahmadinejad might seem to be two sides of the same coin, they have radically different foreign policies and strategies. Rouhani ignored China before the US pulls out of the JCPOA. When the Chinese president visited Iran, he sent Zarif (Minister of Foreign Affairs) to welcome the Chinese president while he always sucked up to Europeans and continues to suck up to them at any opportunity. I personally consider Rouhani a British asset that has committed treason against our national interests.

I guess the logical question to ask is what Iran should be doing now and what long-term plans Iran has to enact? Given that it can't trust let alone even put a shred of credence into what the Europeans and the Americans have to say since the put your eggs in one basket approach of Rouhani failed and has, rather resolutely, blown up in his face causing a substantial amount of damage to Iran.

Admittedly I'm not too well versed in internal Iranian politics given that I'm American lol.

I guess the logical question to ask is what Iran should be doing now and what long-term plans Iran has to enact? Given that it can't trust let alone even put a shred of credence into what the Europeans and the Americans have to say since the put your eggs in one basket approach of Rouhani failed and has, rather resolutely, blown up in his face causing a substantial amount of damage to Iran.

Admittedly I'm not too well versed in internal Iranian politics given that I'm American lol.
I think the only realistic approach for Iran at the moment is to expand its ties with poor consumer countries that cannot trade with the US or the EU (either because of sanctions or because they are not prosperous enough to buy what they need from those countries). There are tens of such countries in Africa, South Asia or South America. Even some Eastern European countries might be interested in our exports or exporting to us. Many of these countries have nothing to lose by violating the US sanctions.

We need a network of proxies to do our transactions for us. Our military proxies in the region can also act as our economic proxies by helping us import/export. We have been doing this for decades. The UAE, Turkey and Afghanistan have acted as our economic proxies in the past.

Meanwhile, we need to slowly transition from a labor economy into a knowledge economy. We have highly educated people and the quality of education in STEM fields is generally high in Iran which can facilitate this transition.

Another bot spouting treason...Mohsen has thought you well. Why don't you define treason for us neophytes so we can be on the same page....maybe we try him and have the elected Iranian president executed.....you can then elect another dumbass and we can get this country back on track again.

Last edited:
Another bot spouting treason...Mohsen has thought you well. What don't you define treason for us neophytes so we can be the same page....maybe we try him and have the elected Iranian president executed.....you can then elect another dumbass and we can get this country back on track again.
Read the JCPO and Rouhani's speeches about JCPOA II and JCPOA III to learn what treason is.

Back
Top Bottom