What's new

US responsible for the Murder of Pakistani Troops - Pak Rejects NATO Probe

Hi,

Is it a first incidence of any kind that the executions ( deaths by friendly fire )carried out by the u s millitary and the whitewash NOT been accepted by the recipient nation---I don't recall any other nation standing up like that to the u s----.

Now pakistan has the oppurtunity to re-write the deal again---pakistan must ask for one years expenses in advance and reserve and one years expenses upfront as a security deposit---and by the end of the 10th month---the payment for the next year should be received in full---. Any delay will result in fines starting at a minimum of $50 million plus 20% of the yearly expense---and if money not received within 45 days---the right of way will be closed---security deposit forfeited---and can be re-opened with another security deposit of $250 million and two years expenses up front---.

Does the millitary have the courage and strength to do it---the civilian govt doesnot have the ballz---they are running on u s's goodwill as of now. Pak millitary needs to use the media to its advantage---Haqqani had destroyed pakistan's image in the U S.

On the other hand---pak millitary must strike harder on the al qaeda and their cohorts---strike hard---strike deep and take them out.

Mastan khan
I think the time has come for Pakistan to quietly and gently say thank you but no Thank you. This is the event which can make or break Pakistan. It is the metaphorical pheonix rising out of its own ashes. The money that we are talking about has come at a price which has been a heavy one for us to pay. We cant get back to the same old same old from here. the time has come for us to re ally our loyalties with Pakistan and Pakistan alone. There may not be another moment in our history that is such a pivotal moment for us. we have to do the right thing here or there may not be another chance for us.
The solution to the TTP was never the use of force. It has financial basis and the solution has to be massive investment in the finance and education of the region. Only with education and employment can we get into a situation where people will leave terrorist organizations like TTP and look towards developing their own country. We may yet have to use force, but only after judicious use of diplomacy and economic incentives will you get the support from the masses for a genuine clean up operation.
Araz
Araz

Wait Santro, let's not go there.

How many times have the Pakistanis soldiers attacked an indian soldier just because he was a Hindu? Or did OBL and party slammed the planes because they were attacking Christens? We fought on our east because we saw an enemy who was eyeing us as an Indian, not because he reads Mahabharat (notwithstanding the fact that dissection and unification of Mother India was religious enough), similarly 9/11 happened because someone thought that what America does is wrong, not because they wanted to built a mosque where once the twin towers stood.

Jesus Rifles (the ideology that follows through it) and having the slogan of Imaan, Taqwa, Jehad Fi Sabillalah are not the same thing, if you get what i am trying to say here.

But as you very rightly pointed out that "Without hate.. there can be no motivation for a war for resources", they have to 'create' some foggy enemy (in this case, the religion of Islam ---> the country that holds its biggest banner), which they have succeeded to quite an extent, as visible from the status of the ex-marine.

So when you reply "Yes" to V's post, it implies as if Pakistan Armed Forces have been initiating wars (as many believe) with india (or Kashmir or covert acts) not because they were defending (even if it was a Preemptive action - if you know, like 'Riposte' and 'Counter-Offensive', 'Preemption' is a DEFENSIVE action, not an offensive one) itself, but because their religion/ideology (which in turn translate into hate) said so.

So as you rightly said, Hate is necessary for war for resources (western case), it is not necessary for war for survival (our case now and in the past).

P.S. Ok, now i am myself confused. :blink:

a good deal of wars (even fake ones) rely on a certain degree of deception and perception managament --which the goras happen to be very good at --given that they have the luxury of having their mass-media tow the official lines of 'their' governments

spring of 2003 is a prime example of that.....

New York Times Rewrites Iraq War History

we are close to 2012 (US elections around the corner --which the whole world will be following, surely).....the sabre-rattling against our neighbour Iran is going on unabated. A fascinating study was conducted recently by one UK-based author/analyst. Some of the findings are quite pertinent to this discussion as far as perception management are concerned.

some excerpts:

Over half the people who responded to my questionnaire said they had formed their impressions of Iran via people they knew. Perhaps not surprising as Iran borders Pakistan and is closer to India than Iraq. However, three quarters of respondents were still effected by the news media. And about the same as Iraq (roughly half) felt their perception of Iran was affected by government statements. Again, an interesting finding. All research points to government and media being the least trusted, yet there appears to be a case for acknowledging that trusted or not, it has an impact on how we perceive.

Impressions of Iran formed by:

Iran.jpg

I wont harp too much on Iran since it isn't relevant. But what is relevant is the fact that the power of media can never be ignored. That is most likely the reason why the recently retired Adm. Mullen and others like him ran to the press (caught up in his pent up frustration) to proclaim things like "Haqqani network" being a "veritable arm" of our intelligence services -- a claim which is quite bizarre given that they themselves are in contact with the same guys we are in contact with as well

In the last few years, the very idea of telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth is dredged up only as a final resort when the alternative options of deception, threat and bribery have all been exhausted.

Not just Zardari and company, but many more achkans and khakis alike, I am sure.

Two wrong does not make one right... you can't justify the corruption of Zardari & Gilani.

Pakistan has whole-handedly rejected the NATO-sponsored report; therefore the "briefing" was useless even before it was to take place . .

it makes perfect sense why it was cancelled, and I dont think anyone over @ Rawalpindi was even planning to waste their time over a briefing in which we already know what half-truths and theories would be peddled

as for the Afghan "forces" --- they should be cognizant to the fact that Pakistan may consider them as a hostile entity. As long as that is the case, it will have very serious ramifications for them as well. NATO police forces wont be there always to cover their drug-addicted incompetent arses. They are treading on very dangerous grounds, given the thinning patience of not just Pakistani security establishment but also Pakistani people.

Afghan establishment will be held accountable and if they dont get their acts together, then Pakistan will be neighbours with Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan very soon.

Afghan establishment will be held accountable and if they dont get their acts together, then Pakistan will be neighbours with Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan very soon.

Really? Do you think Pakistan can invade Afghanistan just like that, or more likely just plan and hope for a friendly government there by covert means?

all options are on the table to keep aggression in check. . .

all that's needed are the orders. Diplomacy is always most preferred option but unfortunately, vendettas and evil agendas preclude common sense and decency.

all options are on the table to keep aggression in check. . .

all that's needed are the orders. Diplomacy is always most preferred option but unfortunately, vendettas and evil agendas preclude common sense and decency.

"Orders", but from whom?

Who is Pakistan? All our ministers and ambassadors are either American or British!!!!!!!!!

So should that be regarded as a victory of good planning for USA and UK, and as the defeat of a losing strategy for Pakistan? Whose fault is that?

it's our domestic policies that have been much to our nation's peril......on a broader level, our foreign policy hasn't been TOO far off course....though I think certain weaknesses have been exhibited especially since 2001

it's our domestic policies that have been much to our nation's peril......on a broader level, our foreign policy hasn't been TOO far off course....though I think certain weaknesses have been exhibited especially since 2001

I agree about the perils created by domestic policies; however, foreign policy is at an important crossroads given the current impasse and past failures. Pakistan must choose wisely if it is not to make its own situation immeasurably more difficult, no matter who is giving the orders.

(I just hope it is not any character from Sesame Street.)

they must ask america to accept India has no role in afghanistan.

Indian dominance in Afghanistan is central to US plans for the region. They will never accept otherwise.

It's time to stop making such naive requests to the Americans. This one ranks right up there with asking the Americans to mediate in Kashmir. What brainless Pakistani idiot came up with that idea?

@VCheng,

Reading between the lines, I agree with your basic premise that might makes right and that, regardless of the facts, Pakistan must tread very carefully. The Western media are on the lookout for the slightest faux pas by Pakistan so they can zoom in and change the narrative.

@VCheng,

Reading between the lines, I agree with your basic premise that might makes right and that, regardless of the facts, Pakistan must tread very carefully. The Western media are on the lookout for the slightest faux pas by Pakistan so they can zoom in and change the narrative.

I merely tell it like it is; thank you for agreeing with me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom