What's new

US Pentagon believes that it is worth abandoning sanctions against India for the purchase of weapons from Russia

Why are we wasting time on this d**k then!?

Mods should get rid of him, they have infested this forum with so much fake news.

Yup Mods should do that instead of answering him. Cut short life of his multiple IDs

He would keep on opening similar "feel good" threads since he know he won't be allowed to remain active for long

Again, nothing from the US side indicates this, not even the Admirals statement, you have DecDef and SecState ON RECORD as saying India better not take delivery.

Let's see if India blinks or not, but do not try and take a statement to a US congressional committee as US policy, same statements were saying carry on giving Pak US MIL aid and were roundly ignored. Obviously in India Media dream world India is immune to everything.

Time will tell, but it is very interesting that no S-400 deliveries have begun and indeed Russians were not even visiting India to train you but India sending it's men to Russia.

Here is the latest comment from SecDef Austin, you as you can imagine, outranks an Admiral by a large factor, try and spin this if you can. It is 5 days old, let me know if you require me to translate.

" We certainly urge all our allies, our partners to move away from Russian equipment ... and really avoid any kind of acquisitions that would trigger sanctions on our behalf, "

US is saying all this so that India weans itself away from future acquisitions. S-400 is already a done deal, payment made. So it wont be reversed.
If US does apply CAATSA on India, then it would damage US more. India has other options for military supplies. But India is the centerstone of US' Indo-Pacific strategy. US needs India more than vice versa.
Hence India will get CAATSA waiver.

Not really, not at all, lots of times both Congress and President have over ruled Pentagon. Pentagon wanted to keep Turkey in F-35, so go figure and try and read up a bit more.

US Sec Def was in India a few days back and had chance to reassure India, instead he warned you.

I know it is your style to get every small positive signal and they hype that up and inflate it to be very signficiant but no one really buys it anymore. US credibility on CAATSA will be totally lost if India gets S-400. They will value that over keeping you happy anyday

Who cares about credibility anymore. Do you think the US cares? They waged a war based on a false premise of WMDs. What happened? Nothing. Some folks were still running to them for $$'s. No care about ummah etc.

The world moves on.

Though I agree India is at a diplomatic crossroad. The powers that be have to do some deft balancing. I am pretty sure they will be successful.
We will remain in SCO & QUAD. Fitch has upgraded our recovery % today to 12.2. Economic heft matters.

We will keep the S400 & we will also get US stuff.

US is saying all this so that India weans itself away from future acquisitions. S-400 is already a done deal, payment made. So it wont be reversed.
If US does apply CAATSA on India, then it would damage US more. India has other options for military supplies. But India is the centerstone of US' Indo-Pacific strategy. US needs India more than vice versa.
Hence India will get CAATSA waiver.

No, Austin was directly asked about S-400 and that is what he was referring to, READ THE F**KING LINK.

Do you really think the US will change a global policy that has also effect Turkey and Saudi, because India *checks notes*, paid a deposit?

How sweet.....
Who cares about credibility anymore. Do you think the US cares? They waged a war based on a false premise of WMDs. What happened? Nothing. Some folks were still running to them for $$'s. No care about ummah etc.

The world moves on.

Though I agree India is at a diplomatic crossroad. The powers that be have to do some deft balancing. I am pretty sure they will be successful.
We will remain in SCO & QUAD. Fitch has upgraded our recovery % today to 12.2. Economic heft matters.

We will keep the S400 & we will also get US stuff.

OK, dream on, directly contradicting the US DefSec but as usull Indians on here know better then him, even though they made you sign all their comms agreements and messed up Chahabar port you still think they care!?

S-400 will get you sanctioned, so you will quietly drop it stating "finances" as being an issue.....

Do you really think the US will change a global policy that has also effect Turkey and Saudi, because India *checks notes*, paid a deposit?
US will change its policy and give waiver to India because applying CAATSA will harm US more than India. Applying CAATSA means that India will no longer agree with US on Quad and other US initiatives.

US will change its policy and give waiver to India because applying CAATSA will harm US more than India. Applying CAATSA means that India will no longer agree with US on Quad and other US initiatives.

Yes, you know more about Future policy then Indian and US decison makers it seems, well done for continuing to make a fool of yourself and by default, all Indians on here....
because ATM, US needs India more than India needs US. just the facts.

Hahahaha! No way. Indian purchases are still small in the relative scheme of things, without US India is at China's mercy, if you were not force fed Indian media BS you may realise

Yes, you know more about Future policy then Indian and US decison makers it seems, well done for continuing to make a fool of yourself and by default, all Indians on here....
Why dont you wait and see what happens instead of being happy with the hope that US will take some action against India

Why dont you wait and see what happens instead of being happy with the hope that US will take some action against India

No hope, I can just read news reports, seems you cannot. The writing is on the wall but what can one expect from a country that beleives they killed 300 people and downed an F-16 at Balakot.

Once the sanctions kick in we will have popcorn ready and enjoy the show.

P-8, MH-60, C-17 Hanger queens......

No hope, I can just read news reports, seems you cannot. The writing is on the wall but what can one expect from a country that beleives they killed 300 people and downed an F-16 at Balakot.

Once the sanctions kick in we will have popcorn ready and enjoy the show.

P-8, MH-60, C-17 Hanger queens......
Dreams are free. Pakistan anyways has little money to pay for any real thing.

23 MAR, 18:28 Updated 18:55
US Pentagon believes that it is worth abandoning sanctions against India for the purchase of weapons from Russia

WASHINGTON, March 23. / TASS /.

The imposition of sanctions on India for its acquisition of weapons and military equipment from Russia is, apparently, not the best course of action for the United States. This opinion was expressed on Tuesday by Admiral John Aquilino, who was nominated to the post of head of the Indo-Pacific Command of the US Armed Forces (AF).[/B]
Speaking to the US Senate Armed Forces Committee at a hearing on his candidacy, he refused to directly answer the question of whether, from his point of view, Washington should use restrictive measures against New Delhi for military-technical cooperation with Moscow.

“I would leave that to the [US] policymakers to determine if this is the way [forward]. I think we should definitely understand where we are in relations with India. And I think that the potential aspect of persuasion [ India], providing [New Delhi] with alternatives could be a better approach, "the military leader said.

According to the admiral, "India is a really excellent partner" for the United States. "And, as we saw on the basis of recent discussions in the Quartet format, the importance of India and the rest [of the US partners] in the Quartet will increase," Aquilino said.

The Quartet is a union of Australia, India, the United States and Japan. The Quadripartite Security Dialogue was founded in 2007. This mechanism of interaction in the Asia-Pacific region and the Indian Ocean region includes Washington, Canberra, New Delhi and Tokyo. The first quadripartite meeting of the foreign ministers of Australia, India, the United States and Japan was held in September 2019 in New York. In November 2017, the four countries formed a coalition as part of a new strategy to secure critical shipping routes in the Indo-Pacific. The first summit of the Quartet was held in mid-March. In connection with the pandemic, it will be held in a virtual format.

The admiral also acknowledged that the Indians have established "long-standing relations with the Russians, cooperation in the field of security," New Delhi traditionally relies on Moscow to purchase weapons and military equipment. At the same time, Aquilino confirmed that he would continue to persuade India to "consider the possibility of acquiring American [military] equipment."

"We will continue to compete with Russia in the region," the admiral added.

Threat to the United States
The US Department of Defense views China's ballistic and cruise missile systems and the development of hypersonic weapons in the Indo-Pacific as a serious threat to the US and its allies, Aquilino added.

"China's ballistic and cruise missile systems, as well as the development of hypersonic weapons, raise risks and create problems [for the US]," the admiral said.

In his opinion, the deployment of hypersonic weapons "poses a serious threat to the United States and the forces of its allies in the region, and to solve this problem, an initial defense potential is needed in the near future." The admiral also stressed that the US forces currently in the region on a rotational basis "will not be able to counter the threat posed by China."

"The Rocket Forces of the People's Liberation Army of China has a growing arsenal of medium-range ballistic missiles that can threaten US bases in the region, including South Korea, Japan, and Guam, including the US Navy <...>. In addition, China is constantly developing its missile technology, increasing their range, stability, accuracy and lethality, "- says Aquilino.

Yawn, It is a joke thats going, every 6 months they say we’ll sanction India and later say we won’t. Just a pressure tactic for promoting Amreeki Maal for Indian Armed Forces.

Dreams are free. Pakistan anyways has little money to pay for any real thing.

Of course, now usual trick, losing the argument so revert to talking about Pakistan...

Of course, now usual trick, losing the argument so revert to talking about Pakistan...
My argument is simply based on the fact that US needs India more than vice versa.
They have accomodated India previously as well by giving NSG waiver. They will do again now.

I will admit losing the argument when CAATSA is actually applied to India. Till then, we can continue debating but will not reach any conclusion. Keep believing what you wanna believe.

Back
Top Bottom