What's new

'US partnering with India to contain China'

Errr! Things like this push us away from china!
And we can not 'contain' CHINA?! We can just become what pakistan is to us for china, we can not 'contian' them actually.
I'd love to see indo-sino partnership rather than indo-u.s.?
How we taunt pakistanis like 'we're more close to u.s. than you guys now' the same thing can happen to us?

Think about SCO with India in it? Russia+China+India. ALL NATO forces can't even touch us?

Mmmmm

any country or group partnering US in defense and military lost their independence in foreign affairs, defense and armament. even the size of Briton and Japan.

Something like what China does to Pakistan??
‘Blank cheque’ to China for Indo-Pak mediation: Qureshi

Pakistan offers China blank cheque to negotiate deal with India
Islamabad, Jan.22 (ANI): Keen to bring its relations with India back on the peace track, Pakistan has offered key ally China a blank cheque for negotiating any deal with New Delhi to satisfy it on the issue of Mumbai terrorist attack.
According to the Dawn, Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi the Special Envoy of the Chinese Government, He Yafei, at Chinese Embassy reception: You can go to Delhi and you have blank cheque from us.
Emphasizing on the trust Pakistan reposed in Chinese leadership for ending the tensions, Qureshi told Yafei that Pakistan would endorse whatever China would say to India.
The Chinese envoy had visited Pakistan on December 29 for defusing tensions between Pakistan and India.
In his meetings with countrys top leadership, the envoy had indicated that China would remain engaged to promote peace and stability in the region.
Immediately after Yafeis visit, Pakistan made two proposals for defusing tensions arising from the Mumbai attack asking India to ”de-activate the forward airbases” and ”relocate the troops back to peace time positions”.
Referring to Chinas peacemaker role, Qureshi had in his statement on PTV that ”certain developments during the past 48 hours” augured well for the region.
The Chinese envoy then traveled to New Delhi on January 5 to push India to de-escalate the tensions and resume dialogue with Pakistan.
Although, Chinese initiative was initially cold-shouldered by the Indians, there was a change in attitude and New Delhi discussed their concerns with the envoy. (ANI)

Its very clear who is dependent on external powers for their foreign affairs...

What's wrong with US partnering with India???

People here are ecstatic that Pakistan is partnering with China to contain India, but complain when India does a similar thing.

I hope Japan & South Korea & Vietnam too partner with us.

India is being used by the american as a bargainning chip to gain a better deal with china, nothing more nothing less.

Only in Indian wet dream because US is dependent on China for its economic recovery and India cannot even meet its own infrastructure demand but dreams to be a super power..its might become a super desperate power. Secondly it speaks about the Indian regional commitment..playing the role of imperial mouthpiece will not survive India as the two giant power of Asia that is China and Russia will see a strengthening partnership. Playing power dogma is beyond the sphere of Indian capability. If USA truly wants to contain China it can do so by cutting some economic slack but USA is not geninely intrested in cutting off its own economic vein however such talk of "rising" india does help USA in milking the Indian cash cow.

Seriously, Indians indulge in the highest form of obsessive flattery!

So which form of obsessive flattery you were involved to tie up with america for more than 5 decades????
Why is it so you always talk negative?? Are you programmed for it or what:undecided:

Well,

For a vegetarian hindustani to say that on a Pakistani def forum !
Kudos ....
What you think to kill some animals and eat for taste who cant even retaliate is what you called an act of bravery??
Kudos.........

Last edited:
probably, but china is no saint here.

Since you are dressed up as ready for Armageddon, I am going to tell you this, communism didn't start out in Europe out of thin air. My crystal ball has energy only to allow me to see that far ahead. I may need an upgrade soon.

Really? I don't see Japan, South Korea or Taiwan getting F@#KED.
But I know one nation which got F@#KED in 1971 and again in 1999, and its 'taller than Himalayas, deeper than sea' friend just stood-by..

Just on top of my mind, Iraq is F```d, Afghanistan is F```d, and please look at Japan and South Korea’s economical and social status need I say more? Have you ever heard the America and Japan financial war during 80’s and how the U.S forced Japan to make unilateral concession in favor of the U.S? since then, Japan’s economy has been in ‘coma’ until now! And in case of South Korea, they can not have any peace talks with its brother North Korea without American’s ‘consent’ !

America smiled to all of those countries said 'we can protect you' !:wave:

^^^ dude, seriously these are outdated ideas. Even Indians used to have these fears. You have no idea of what my father thought of the IMF, World Bank and his communist friends thought of 'american companies' coming into India and eating into our sovereignty. When they finally came they were nowhere close to the devils they were portrayed to be.

What you think as 'loss of independece' actually looks like massive convergence of interest because to us they all look like the 'same sort of countries'. SO they'll obviously behave like a flock.

Plaza accords. US forced Japan to increase currency because Japan was threatening to take away US profits. since then Japan's economy has been stagnant (GDP per capita rising, of course, due to decreasing population). South Korea does not even have control of its military. They can't even talk about North Korea without the permission of UNCLE SAM. Neither country has independent aerospace industry or military industry, just look at their number of wind tunnels. All their military aircraft parts are imported from the US.

a) S Korea looks at a multidimensional security perspectivew in which it finds the role of the US a very useful one. They thnk that having the US by their side is one way to avoid war and probably if needed win a war overwhelmingly if it comes to that...THAT ISN"T BAD. Many ppl really don't want to go to war

b) Regular economic haggling aint evidence of surrender. There are studies on the doha round of discussions that I have been through where the uS and that initimatable SOB called Robert Zoellick as US trade representative (now granted sainthood as president of world bank) tried to bully and browbeat many countries (including India) and lost. That stuff is normal, that sort of tug of war will always go on.

Back
Top Bottom