What's new

US opens defence tech arsenal to India, 7 new offers on table

Then its better than everything that flies or will fly up there......................there is no denying the fact.

But it still has no irst and the radar has not been upgraded
Lockheed Martin is developing IRST functionality into the AN/AAR-56 Missile Launch Detector (MLD).
The F-22 System Program Office is working with the 422d Test and Evaluation Squadron to integrate the Visionix Scorpion helmet-mounted cueing system (HMCS), capable of off-boresight missile launches, with the aircraft. In March 2010, the USAF accelerated software portions of 3.2 to be completed in FY 2013.Applying the 3.2 upgrade to 183 aircraft was estimated to cost $8 billion, which would be funded via the early retirement of legacy fighters. In February 2013, Lockheed Martin's upgrade contract was modified to include the 3.2B features, bringing the total upgrade cost to $6.9 billion; the upgrade process is expected to be completed by 2023. The subsequent Increment 3.3 may include the adoption of an open avionics platform and air traffic control updates.

In January 2011, the USAF opened the Raptor enhancement, development and integration (REDI) contract to bidders, with a $16 billion budget. In November 2011, Lockheed Martin's upgrade contract was increased by $1.4 billion to a maximum value of $7.4 billion. Of the $11.7 billion allocated for upgrades, almost $2 billion was for structural repairs and to increase the fleet's availability rate from 55.5% to 70.6% by 2015. Some F-35 technology, such as more durable stealth coatings, have been applied to the F-22. Elements such as MADL are delayed until the F-35 program is completed. By 2012, the update schedule had slipped seven years because of "requirements and funding instability". In 2014 the USAF moved to cut funding for the Raptor upgrades. In 2016, the F-22 fleet is planned to have 36 Block 20 training aircraft and 149 Block 30/35 combat aircraft.

Since every-body here is "spouting" something or the other about what they want from the USA or why India will not get it...........let me add my bit:
I want TOT for warp-drives of the Starship Enterprise! :D

And for Obama to say: Come an' get it.
While Orangi-miyan will say: No, you can't.
:lol:
I want V8 Hemi on a Maruti 800.

90% of all F-22 specs are secret.You don’t have any Idea what F-22 is.

I don't need to have,,,it was made 10-15 years ago.
Its outdated if not upgraded,,,,,,f-35 will beat the shit out of f-22 anyday if stealth is taken out of consideration

Aim higher, man. Like Stratospheric heights, man.......... :P
But seriously; this new 'strategic friendship drive' will still need some real taking off yet.

Don't worry,,,failure of drdo to make anything useful coupled with russian sanctions will naturally push us towards usa:lol:

How do you post here with known lack of credibility?

"lack of credibility" from Indian members opinion does not mean anything.

Please explain how I got 7 positive ratings so far with less than 4k posts?

Supporting pakistan i guess.......:lol::lol:
I got 18 negatives just doing the opposite.

Rating system is stupid:coffee:

Supporting pakistan i guess.......:lol::lol:
I got 18 negatives just doing the opposite.

Rating system is stupid:coffee:

I know, I was kidding.

I think all my negative ratings came from one Indian poster. No idea how someone so not deserving is still a "think tank analyst"

It is a joke here how people work in country/herd mentality.

I know, I was kidding.

I think all my negative ratings came from one Indian poster. No idea how someone so not deserving is still a "think tank analyst"

It is a joke here how people work in country/herd mentality.

My signature will tell u that 8 of my negatives came form 2 posts................in none of those i used one objectionable word.

My signature will tell u that 8 of my negatives came form 2 posts................in none of those i used one objectionable word.

I don't worry about it as this is just a forum.

Too many people take the Internet seriously.

Why don't you mention who gave you those positive ratings? :-)

Or maybe you can re-post those enlightening posts.

Or just leave it, I personally remember couple of your positive rating-wala posts worshiping chini maal and mighty chini power!!

You must be feeling proud for getting rewarded for your unquestionable loyalty & devotion to chin. :tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom