What's new

US offers to sell weapons to Bangladesh

Friend my spoken Chinese (mostly cantonese, only some mandarin) is passable at basic level (though probably not so great now as it once was when I used it lot more).

Written/Reading wise not so good friend, very rudimentary. I can just about discern its something about spokesperson? saying weapons export? is consistent with some law or something like that....but mostly because you hinted at what its about already.
OK, you need to review.:D

in fact, your understanding is right. Chinese arms exports do not involve geopolitical.

China has complete laws. strictly control the export of unconventional weapons(such as missile, nuclear
equipment, and related technologies).

https://www.fmprc.gov.cn/web/ziliao_674904/tytj_674911/tyfg_674913/t4799.shtml

I believe we should also ask the Malaysians what their experience has been with F-18s.

Thanks for steering this thread back to actual discussion worth anything.

I believe the US maybe trying to offload a few things to us but like our minister said (and practically so), we are low end buyer.

So - what can we actually buy from the US that is low end?

Quite a few things actually.

There are aircraft and fairly advanced tanks and armor (for subcontinental scenario) that we can get from the US.

We could get F16's and F18's, (latest versions of F-16's fitted with conformal tanks from Turkey would be my choice) as frontline fighters which are analogs to Mig35 (but not Su-30 variant).

We could get nice armor (refurbished/re-engined and fitted with new sensors and gun computers by a third country such as Turkey) such as the M60's (upgraded to Sabra standard) at super-reasonable prices for our 'numbers' Tank requirement. For 'quality' requirement we can get either Altay tanks or MBT3000.

iu

We could get older wheeled AFV's such as various LAV variants refurbished (again) in Turkey which are excellent mobile infantry and fire support platforms capable of 62 mph.

QAMR_vehicle.JPG

In this respect we can follow the examples of Turkey and Egypt, both countries are heavy duty users of new and refurbished US systems.

@cabatli_53 your thoughts please brother.

I can't comment on ground armaments as I know nothing about them.

However, in terms of the BAF.

F-16's from the boneyard. Re-furshised a la Indonesia style. I think they were originally Block 25.

https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/indonesia-regeneration-and-upgrade-f-16cd-block-25-aircraft

Or perhaps ex USN F-18 C/D. Again refurbished. Sort of analagous to upgraded Mig-29s, only much much better.

Or perhaps loosening of access to US components needed for a potential Gripen sale.

Not to mention access to the AMRAAM.

Just some thoughts.

I can't comment on ground armaments as I know nothing about them.

However, in terms of the BAF.

F-16's from the boneyard. Re-furshised a la Indonesia style. I think they were originally Block 25.

https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/indonesia-regeneration-and-upgrade-f-16cd-block-25-aircraft

Or perhaps ex USN F-18 C/D. Again refurbished. Sort of analagous to upgraded Mig-29s, only much much better.

Or perhaps loosening of access to US components needed for a potential Gripen sale.

Not to mention access to the AMRAAM.

Just some thoughts.

Hey just noticed you changed one flag to BD :tup:

Hey just noticed you changed one flag to BD :tup:

Yea i just figured out how to do that. But it was a non issue for me anyways.

I believe we should also ask the Malaysians what their experience has been with F-18s.

Apparently the Malaysian F-18D are the most potent dogfighters of the Hornets.

As per a former USN Hornet driver who was working for Boeing.

Watch the whole thing. Its really interesting. But from about the 14:30 mark is the Malaysia talk.

Ex USN Hornet is a big no, if you are want second hand fighter, they are heavily used and the stress from Carrier operational is no jokes. Ex F16 from USANG is much better choice compared to their peer from Air Force, maybe ex F15 from USAF is quite bargain as they got relatively short hour usage before being transferred to boneyard

Ex USN Hornet is a big no, if you are want second hand fighter, they are heavily used and the stress from Carrier operational is no jokes. Ex F16 from USANG is much better choice compared to their peer from Air Force, maybe ex F15 from USAF is quite bargain as they got relatively short hour usage before being transferred to boneyard

F-16 is probably best for the size and role here (total cost wise).

F-15 operational/service costs are insane. Lousy (and non NATO) C4I in Bangladesh is another huge issue (i.e the capabilities of the F-15 platform that would just not be realised without massive investment in those). F-16 is far more nimble and versatile (as to what you get for you pay) for an acquisition of country like BD...at the small scale its planning.

F-16 is probably best for the size and role here (total cost wise).

F-15 operational/service costs are insane. Lousy (and non NATO) C4I in Bangladesh is another huge issue (i.e the capabilities of the F-15 platform that would just not be realised without massive investment in those). F-16 is far more nimble and versatile (as to what you get for you pay) for an acquisition of country like BD...at the small scale its planning.

Besides fighter, US got tonnes of weapons system ready to offer to Bd, though it just fighter is easily the most recognized assets to have for any military recently. They got gatling gun, M109 howitzer, MLRS like Himars and M270, MRAP, HUMVEE, JLATV, M113 APC, Huey and their modern cousins Viper, Romeo aka Seahawk, Cobra, Apache, Chinook, Stallion, satellite systems , radar, missiles , small arms, missile boats, and other fancy stuff.

Besides fighter, US got tonnes of weapons system ready to offer to Bd, though it just fighter is easily the most recognized assets to have for any military recently. They got gatling gun, M109 howitzer, MLRS like Himars and M270, MRAP, HUMVEE, JLATV, M113 APC, Huey and their modern cousins Viper, Romeo aka Seahawk, Cobra, Apache, Chinook, Stallion, satellite systems , radar, missiles , small arms, missile boats, and other fancy stuff.

Like @KAL-EL said, "consider it done"...(though honestly I would forego all of these if I could have THE KAL-EL on my team heh).

But BD needs to give something to get something....and its not just money either. In fact money is the easiest bit.

Like @KAL-EL said, "consider it done"...(though honestly I would forego all of these if I could have THE KAL-EL on my team heh).

But BD needs to give something to get something....and its not just money either. In fact money is the easiest bit.

Without a doubt.

Uncle Sam doesn't run a charity.

This is a China play.

And if Bangladesh wants some goodies, its gonna have to give something in return.

But I'm ok with it.

Get some US/European planes and learn how to fly them Western Shtyle.

My percieved threat for this is Myanmar.

Though i kinda think what Bd needs right now is more support and lift plane like Hercules, Bell 412, Cessna grand caravan, Viking seaplane, and so on for better response to natural dissaster and mobility for their fast response units. US can easily give freebies for such thing and discounts rates as it will helped Bangladesh people and army themselves without rising political ruckus

let him cry..
https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2...angladesh-an-act-of-provocation-toward-india/
Purchase of Chinese Subs by Bangladesh 'An Act of Provocation' Toward India:rofl::rofl:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ubmarines-from-China/articleshow/26750741.cms

Indian Navy concerned over Bangladesh's decision to buy two ..

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

why??why??why??:cry::cry::cry:..
we want to make India to do more talk show like this. BD needs to develop its armed forces rapidly during 2019-25 otherwise they will face a potential threat from neighbors.if BD bought any major military equipment from USA like fighter craft,tanks, artillery system, air defence system then USA will take advantage from this later. whenever they want, they will loud for human rights, democracy this will help them for sanction against BD.

Us supports dictatator who says yes to uncle sam

Boy that sounds awfully close to the situation in Pakistan. Except you need to replace 'dictator' with 'military'.

MBT3000 is Chinese. Altay is Turkish and 65 tons which is not feasible for us.

Noooooooooooooooope. Not possible. Already explained in previous thread.

OK I get your drift. But VT4 (MBT 3000) is a porker too. 52 tons.

Back
Top Bottom