What's new

US Offers Taliban 6 Provinces for 8 Bases

"They're all very diff groups with varying objectives."

Don't openly display callous idiocy like this lest the images of SWAT correlated with Kabul stadium haunt your twisted narrative. They're all very much the same group of perverse and murderous souls. Your Omar kills afghans at a 2:1 pace compared to Americans and the rest of ISAF.

"And the TTP having been formed on the occasion of your drone attacks really don't help your warped-up thesis..."

How do you explain when Nek Mohammad was killed by eating a HELLFIRE missile? You do know, at least I hope, that his death preceded the formation of the TTP (Dec. 14, 2007) by almost exactly three and one-half years (June 18, 2004)?

So WHOSE thesis is really warped-up again?:rolleyes:

It appears you've a skewed and inaccurate recollection of events that suits your rhetorical drool but has yet to approach factual reality. Both TTP's founder and our PREDATORS were doing their respective thingys long before the formation of TTP.

Catch a clue before inaccurately pontificating out of your fourth point of contact please. It makes meaningful discourse impossible otherwise.

Even the simplest child knows that the relationship of these men to the afghan taliban and even A.Q. is long and elaborate. In short, to avoid spending my valuable time on a vacant wastrel soul such as yourself, Baitullah's relationship with the afghan taliban reaches back literally to the taliban's formation in 1994 back in Oruzgan unless you'd care to dispute his many trips into Afghanistan to assist in the implementation of their uniquely taliban sharia.:lol:

Just imagine what a guy like you might learn if you spent less time trying to bullsh!t and a bit more actually reading? It truly boggles the mind...

...if you possessed one worth engaging.

"No one can enslave the Afghans. We never tried it nor have such aspirations."

Uh huh. Sure. These are your words-

"I might add that Pakistan cannot afford to allow Indian stooges to represent Afghanistan, even if Afghans decide to vote them in..."

Your intent is crystalline. Start tap-dancing, clown.

If afghans "decide", then who are the Pakistanis to "afford your fascinating aspirations"?

"...allowing all sorts of mischievous activities i.e. drugs, to criminals, terrorists etc. have a free rein across the border into Pak says so much about your hypocritical approach to this issue"

Would those be the same terrorists that have established their headquarters and more on Pakistani lands since November, 2001? Haqqani? Hekmatyar? Omar, Zawahiri, OBL?

I'd also bet you're one of those that like to brag how the taliban eradicated opium from Afghanistan too, eh? If so, I agree 100%. Sadly, accomplishing such in an eight month period in the spring of 2001 hardly accounted for the destructive impact it reaped upon all those farmers who'd the taliban had convinced were fine with that particular evil.

You do know that opium cultivation hit new world record levels in 1999-three years AFTER the taliban assumed control of Afghanistan, correct? How was it, then, that two more years passed and, voila!, gone. They played those farm families like yo-yos' to suit their temporal expediencies.

You are aware that the taliban make a pretty penny today from the same criminal activities, correct?

Your moral righteousness is built upon quicksand. Move fast or drown in it. You can guess my preference, hypocrite.

"I am a Westerner* so much to your dismay..."

Maybe. Living in the west doesn't necessarily qualify. Your heart's clearly in some cave with a pair of high-top sneakers and an AK.

"I guess you're left with no more ammo that now you're resorting to personal attacks.. cheers lad :lol:"

My guess is you're the lad here. It shows in your inability to meet dialogue with anything more than snide rhetoric to cover your prove lapses in factual accuracy.

You've spun a narrative that suits your end goals. Within those fortifications, you've shielded yourself from reality. The data is plain that most afghans have no use for the taliban and know there's nothing at the end of that regressive pseudo-utopian rainbow except subjugation. They've been there and done that to their eternal despair.

I've plenty of factual ammo awaiting those interested in true discourse. That no longer includes you.

I'm done with you. You're an arm-chair irhabist that has already wasted too much of my time. Thus, as Patriot has pointed out rather eloquently, you merit little further meaningful consideration. We've no common ground whatsoever so that means you'll be finding the "ignore" list of which I've found useful of late.

We're done here.

Now THAT gives me an ear-to-ear grin...

...laddie.:agree:

Thanks.:usflag:

Bhai Sb,

look towards your enemy plans what they are doing in your back yard, they are developing road and communication network to use it in case of war against you.

Rather we should develop infrastucture of AFGHANISTAN which will help our air force and Army to use incase of war with India .

Try to understand the game plan of US and Israel and India.:D

pakistan had this chance of building this infrastructure, roads, bridges hospitals etc in afghanistan because during the taliban time pakistan had the control of afghanistan, but it didnt happen. iran has done quite alot, if you go to wester parts of afghanistan especially herat province, it is at least 50 years ahead of other parts of afghanistan because of iran assistance and also good policies of the local leaders.

Pashtuns being tilted to Pakistan is the greatest myth of all. I can bit my life on this. it is the Pashtuns who hate pakistan the most. tell me have you ever been to Afghanistan. i have visited Afghanistan during the Taliban times and then after their ouster. I am from frontier province and have come across thousands of Afghans. i have many friends too. they prove very good friends thats another thing. but Pashtuns never accept Durand line. they lay claims on Pakistani area. before the Taliban Pashtun presented a great threat to Pakistan and they raised the Pukhtunistan issue. Zahir shah did not accept Pakistan and so was Daud. Pakistan's only bit to tame Pashtuns was Taliban. Pakistan thought that being religious taliban will cause melt down in Pashtun nationalist feeling. but that didnt happen. Even taliban did not accept Durand line as international border. and once their interior minister entered Muhmand agency with hundreds of militants telling people that they dont need Afghan visas. these are our lands. and the last nail was the Pakistan's failed diplomacy to extract Osama. they didnt listen to Pakistan. these event had proved that Pakistan cannot build on Taliban in Afghanistan.
To cut it short, if Pakistan persists on making only Pashtuns its assets i think they will definitley fail as they have failed before. and in the process you make 50 per cent non-Pashtuns enemies.
This is fact that today Pakistan has lost all its assets in Afghanistan. There is no important Pakistani player in Afghanistan now.
and that is why Pakistan doesnt have any Afghan policy.

in confirmation of your post i will add that pakistani fellas always wrongly talk about majority of population in afghanistan, there is no majority ethnic group in afghanistan. pashtoons comprise 40% of the country, followed by tajiks around 30 and hazaras probably 15 and the others. if they want to be friend with afghanistan they need to engage with afghans as a nation not selecting one ethnic group and be enemy with the others as they have shown this before. there are some people in afghanistan who claim on parts of pakistani soil, but majority of people respect the territorial integrity of pakistan. which part of peshawar are you from?

, Baitullah's relationship with the afghan taliban reaches back literally to the taliban's formation in 1994 back in Oruzgan unless you'd care to dispute his many trips into Afghanistan to assist in the implementation of their uniquely taliban sharia.:lol:

TTP openly helped afghani taliban by sending them thousands of fighters, TTP along with afghani taliban actively participated in mazar i sharif masacare, total destruction of Shamali area and killing its people, destruction of Bamian and other parts. they were also held prisoners in large numbers by the anti taliban guys.

TTP openly helped afghani taliban by sending them thousands of fighters, TTP along with afghani taliban actively participated in mazar i sharif masacare, total destruction of Shamali area and killing its people, destruction of Bamian and other parts. they were also held prisoners in large numbers by the anti taliban guys.

15 years have passed ever since Taliban appeared in Afghanistan and ever since Pakistan Taliban were part of them or had links with them and still there is cooperation but some of us are still trying to de-link Pakistani Taliban from the Afghan Taliban.

On Taliban supporters, members and sympathizers here
How can one argue with them when they support or follow a village idiot like Omar, who does not know nothing about Islam, who has never been out of his village for high Islamic scholarship, who killed thousands of innocent people, who denied education to women and beat them in streets, who did not allow women to work, who did ethnic cleansing of Hazaras, who did not have any social or economic system to offer to Afghans, who horboured terrorists like Osama and others, whose whole lot of followers and shura were all illiterate not only in contemporary knowledge but also in islam, who imposed his own version of islam, who caused great harm to islam and its image.
now if guys admire him, support him, or follow him, there is strong indication that they have no mental capacity. they are either mentally ill or have been brainwashed by their patrons. so arguing with such people is the waste of time. their beliefs are fixed. wish you luck with your Taliban.

You are little late buddy during bush era your above statement can be believed but now when US and allies offering Mullah Omer 6 provinces its mean they accepted their defeat .;)

Agreed that OBL should not allowed to stay and operate in Afghanistan. :cheers:

You are little late buddy during bush era your above statement can be believed but now when US and allies offering Mullah Omer 6 provinces its mean they accepted their defeat .;)

Agreed that OBL should not allowed to stay and operate in Afghanistan. :cheers:

what part of his post seems unbelieveable to you?

what part of his post seems unbelieveable to you?

Blame game which is continued against MO , which proved wrong after eight years of war, now US and their think tank realised that Talaban have roots and support in general public , it better to offer them peace deal rather then forced them towards mountains and continusely waste money and human blood for security .

Blame game which is continued against MO , which proved wrong after eight years of war, now US and their think tank realised that Talaban have roots and support in general public , it better to offer them peace deal rather then forced them towards mountains and continusely waste money and human blood for security .

they had sheltred laden and you cant deny that. fair enough, if the taliban come to political process and have their share in the gov, there shouldnt be a problem, but it is not acceptable if they keep on killing the innocent, it is a crime. by the way, they have support base, but it is limited to some areas not entire afghanistan.

Pakistan Army to US / NATO: DO MORE!

Orla Guerin, BBC News

Pakistani forces fighting the Taliban near the Afghan border claim American and Afghan troops aren’t doing enough to help.

Commanders in the troubled north western region of Bajaur complain of a lack of effort, and a lack of troops, on the other side of frontier. They claim American and Afghan forces aren’t taking strong enough action against the militants – an accusation traditionally levelled against Pakistan itself. Senior military officials claim Taliban fighters are able to re-arm in Afghanistan, and cross back into Pakistan.

‘Crush them’

“It is a problem that is haunting us,” said Lt Col Nadir Khan, commander of Pakistani forces in the Charmang valley, which leads to the border. He spoke within sight of the brooding peaks which mark the remote frontier.

“If you look at the distant ridge you can see the footpaths leading into our area,” he said.

“They have a number of routes open to them. They can muster support from over the border and can bring the manpower, weapons and ammunition. There is a constant stream of supplies.”

Lt Col Khan estimates that the journey to the Charmang valley from the Afghan province of Kunar takes eight to 10 hours on foot.

“We are able to crush them, and hit them,” he said, “but then with fresh supplies we have this type of problem.

“They can come and strike our heads again."

“While we are clearing them here, they are not being effectively dealt with across the border. I think the coalition can do more. They can choke off their supplies.”

Commanders here say they have “significant control” in the valley, but that the fight is far from over, because of the problems on the other side.

“Definitely it is frustrating for us,” said Lt Col Khan.

The coalition denies a lack of activity, or of personnel, on the Afghan side of the border.

It says there are several units operating in the Kunar river valley, as part of “Task Force Mountain Warrior” which is several thousand strong. These units are working with both the Afghan National Army and Afghan border police.

The coalition says that it recently conducted “complimentary operations” with Pakistani forces, “maintaining consistent communications”.

Pockets of resistance

“We will continue to co-ordinate with our Afghan and Pakistani counterparts,” said Col Randy A George, commander of Task Force Mountain Warrior, “to conduct complimentary operations along the international border to bring peace and stability.”

“Border security is an issue for both governments because it is rough terrain that isn’t easily accessible for either side, and is tough to defend.”

On that much, there is agreement on both sides of the frontier.

“This is a very porous border,” says Lt Col Khan. “To guard each and every inch of the border would be a Herculean effort. It’s not possible.”

Nearby, troops loaded up the heavy guns for another assault on Taliban positions. The’ve already been fighting in Bajaur for more than a year. Around 130 soldiers have lost their lives battling the Taliban and their al-Qaeda allies.

The Charmang valley is one of the remaining pockets of resistance. Asked if he was worried he might be fighting there forever, Lt Col Khan replied: “Yes. Yes. If it is not done from across the border. Maybe.”

While arms and accusations go back and forth across the border, the Taliban continue to strike, often at soft targets. Two of their latest victims were women school teachers. They were shot dead in broad daylight in the town of Khar, not far from the Charmang valley.

Shazia, 30, was one of them. She refused to be intimidated into abandoning her pupils, according to her grief-stricken husband, Kamal Dilawar Khan.

“Earlier the Taliban sent out threats,” he said, “and I asked her not to go to Bajaur. But she replied that she was not scared and that she would continue with her teaching because it was a service to the nation. When I got the news I lost my mind, I lost my heart and the whole world collapsed for me.”

Her killer melted away, disappearing into the traffic. The army has been arresting hardcore Taliban suspects. But it says that for every fighter detained, someone else could be crossing the border to take their place.

Last edited:
"TTP openly helped afghani taliban by sending them thousands of fighters..."

TTP is a relatively recent phenomena- Dec. 14, 2007 it was formalized. Still, Baitullah is documented as having travelled to Afghanistan repeatedly (as early as 1994) to assist with the implementation of their sharia:angry: while the afghan taliban held power.

So too many others, I'm sure. Sufi Mohammad, Faizullah's father-in-law is reputed to have taken 20,000 pro-taliban fighters to Afghanistan to do battle with the Americans and N.A. in 2001. When they got their azzes whacked, he abandoned his men and ran back to Pakistan.

"TTP openly helped afghani taliban by sending them thousands of fighters..."

TTP is a relatively recent phenomena- Dec. 14, 2007 it was formalized. Still, Baitullah is documented as having travelled to Afghanistan repeatedly (as early as 1994) to assist with the implementation of their sharia:angry: while the afghan taliban held power.

So too many others, I'm sure. Sufi Mohammad, Faizullah's father-in-law is reputed to have taken 20,000 pro-taliban fighters to Afghanistan to do battle with the Americans and N.A. in 2001. When they got their azzes whacked, he abandoned his men and ran back to Pakistan.

TTP is gurrilla warrior wing of JI , participated in Afghan Russian Jehad but rejected by Talaban , Sufi Muhammad is ex JI worker or member .

Yup , but after eight years of Gurrilla war ISAF azzes whacked.:D

Taliban expands control of Nuristan

Taliban fighters are expanding their control of Afghanistan's Nuristan province, an area they claim to have recaptured from US troops.

A video obtained exclusively by Al Jazeera purports to show Taliban fighters in the Kamdesh district.

Their leaders say they have appointed some local officials and reopened schools.

Sections of the footage also show Taliban fighters brandishing what appeared to be US weapons.

The fighters said they had seized the arms cache from two military outposts in eastern Nuristan, abandoned by US forces last month.

Angela Eggman, a Nato spokeswoman, said it was not clear from the video where or when the weapons were obtained.

"Before departing the base, the units removed all sensitive items and accounted for them," she said.

But General Mohammad Qassim Jangulbagh, Nuristan's provincial police chief, disagreed, saying: "The Americans left ammunition at the base."

Farooq Khan, a spokesman for the Afghan National Police in Nuristan, concurred, saying US forces left arms and ammunition when they moved from the area, which he said was now in fighters' hands.

The Pentagon said the closing of the outposts in Nuristan was part of plans by General Stanley McChrystal, the US and Nato commander in Afghanistan, to shut down isolated units and focus on more heavily populated areas.

Afghanistan review

The developments come as Barack Obama, the US president, is due to meet military and national security advisers to discuss sending more troops to fight the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The White House has rejected a series of leaked reports saying Obama has already made up his mind to send thousands more troops to Afghanistan. It says no decision has been made.

Meanwhile, Afghan police and Nato troops say they have seized a massive quantity of illegal fertiliser, enough to make hundreds of deadly roadside bombs, in the city of Kandahar.

A Nato spokesman said on Tuesday that raids at two sites in the southern city yielded more than 200 tonnes of ammonium nitrate - or about 10 lorry loads - and the arrest of 15 people.

Sunday's raids appeared to be one of the largest hauls of the war so far and Nato officials expressed hope that the seizure would hurt Taliban fighters, whose homemade bombs have become the biggest killer of foreign forces.

Acting on a tip, international forces and Afghan police discovered 1,000 45kg bags of ammonium nitrate fertiliser and 5,000 parts for roadside bombs in a warehouse.

An additional 4,000 45kg bags of fertiliser were found in a nearby compound soon after.

John Pike, director of the military think-tank Globalsecurity, said the seizure included enough fertiliser to make hundreds of roadside bombs.

Thousands of guns US sent to Afghanistan are missing

CNN International

WASHINGTON (CNN) — More than one-third of all weapons the United States has procured for Afghanistan’s government are missing, according to a government report released Thursday.

The U.S. military failed to “maintain complete inventory records for an estimated 87,000 weapons — or about 36 percent — of the 242,000 weapons that the United States procured and shipped to Afghanistan from December 2004 through June 2008,” a U.S. Government Accountability Office report states.

“Accountability lapses occurred throughout the supply chain,” it says.

The Defense Department spent roughly $120 million during that period to acquire a range of small arms and light weapons for the Afghan National Security Forces, including rifles, machine guns and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.

The military also failed to properly account for an additional 135,000 weapons it obtained for the Afghan forces from 21 other countries.

“What if we had to tell families [of U.S. soldiers] not only why we are in Afghanistan but why their son or daughter died at the hands of an insurgent using a weapon purchased by the United States taxpayers? But that’s what we risk if we were to have tens of thousands of weapons we provided washing around Afghanistan, off the books,” Rep. John Tierney, D-Massachusetts, chairman of the House Subcommittee on National Security and Foreign Affairs, said at the start of a congressional hearing on the report.

The military is unable to provide serial numbers for 46,000 of the missing 87,000 weapons, the report concludes. No records have been maintained for the location or disposition for the other 41,000 weapons.

The report urges Defense Secretary Robert Gates to “establish clear accountability procedures for weapons while they are in the control and custody of the United States” and direct those “involved in providing these weapons to track (them) by serial number and conduct routine physical inventories.”

The GAO review comes as numerous senior officials — including President Obama — are expressing serious concern over the deteriorating security situation in Afghanistan. On Wednesday, eight Taliban suicide attackers struck Afghan government buildings and a prison in Kabul, killing at least 19 people in a coordinated attack that the Taliban said was in retaliation for the mistreatment of prisoners, according to Afghan officials.

The attacks raised new questions over the effectiveness of the ongoing $16.5 billion U.S. effort to train and equip Afghan security forces. Officials from the State and Defense departments intend to request an additional $5.7 billion in assistance for the Afghan army and police in fiscal year 2009, according to the report.

The Obama administration is conducting a top-to-bottom review of U.S. policy toward both Afghanistan and neighboring Pakistan. The president will likely make a decision on sending additional troops to Afghanistan “in the course of the next few days,” Gates said Tuesday.

UK pressing Karzai to negotiate with Taliban, says leaked memo

November 14, 2009

Richard Taylor, Guardian UK

Foreign Office and MI6 are backing efforts to remove ‘reconciled Talibs’ from UN sanctions list

British officials are increasing pressure on the Afghan government to talk to Taliban leaders as part of a major attempt at reconciliation, it emerged today.

The move is strongly backed by the Foreign Office – notably Sherard Cowper-Coles, the government’s special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan – by MI6, and by Lieutenant General Graeme Lamb, former head of the SAS and Britain’s senior military officer in Kabul, the Guardian understands.

Lamb was deployed to Afghanistan with the task of persuading insurgents to give up their arms. He believes many young and rank-and-file Taliban fighters carry a sense of “anger and grievances that have not been addressed”.

British officials are now proposing that “reconciled Talibs” should be removed from the UN sanctions list, according to a leaked FO memo. “We must weaken and divide the Taliban if we are to reduce the insurgency to a level that can be managed and contained by the Afghan security forces,” it says. “This can be achieved by a combination of military pressure and clear signals that the option of an honourable exit from the fight exists,” it adds.

The memo, which is believed to have been sent to the Afghan government, goes further than past proposals by suggesting what it calls a “strategic initiative” – a settlement with Taliban leaders directing the counter-insurgency from across the border in Pakistan.

The memo calls for an Afghan-led, internationally backed process that works on three levels – firstly “tactical”, involving reintegrating foot soldiers and their immediate commanders; secondly, “operational”, involving the reintegration of the Taliban’s “shadow governors”, senior commanders and their forces; and thirdly: “strategic”.

Cowper-Coles and British military chiefs have also called for political power devolved back to tribal elders. Unlike the FO, however, military commanders say that aid should be channelled through local and district governors rather than through the Karzai government in Kabul.

Gordon Brown said today he believed he could secure commitment for 5,000 extra troops for Afghanistan from Nato and other allies.

In an interview on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, the prime minister dismissed reports that he was planning to “talk to the Taliban”, although he raised the prospect of “mercenaries” fighting for the Taliban being reintegrated into Afghan society.

Back
Top Bottom