What's new

US Offers Taliban 6 Provinces for 8 Bases

I have lost my family members and miliions of other afghans because of this 30 years conflict, that is the reason i say all of these. i can feel the pain but you cant because you havent experienced it. if afghans didnt fight the russians, the russians did not need to slaughter them, they both simply could have come to an agreement.

i am asking you again, what did we get from fighting the russians? what have been the consequences of this fight?

What you got by defeating the soviets was a free country and an opportunity for the Afghans to rule their own country but they blew it up big time.
And one more thing, It was not only the afghans who lost loved ones, we as Pakistanis fought with the Afghans and lost thousands of loved ones aswell.

What you got by defeating the soviets was a free country and an opportunity for the Afghans to rule their own country but they blew it up big time.

Free country? That is the only thing we did not get!! Mujahideen and Taliban were Pakistan's puppet and now we have got Americans! Where is the freedom and where was the freedom? Even if the Americans leave Afghanistan it does not mean we have freedom, in such a situation why should the country be in war if the result will be another puppet gov or leader?

And one more thing, It was not only the afghans who lost loved ones, we as Pakistanis fought with the Afghans and lost thousands of loved ones aswell.

Yes, the ratio is not even 1 and 100000, let alone the issue of afghanistan which is a dust in air now.

Free country? That is the only thing we did not get!! Mujahideen and Taliban were Pakistan's puppet and now we have got Americans! Where is the freedom and where was the freedom? Even if the Americans leave Afghanistan it does not mean we have freedom, in such a situation why should the country be in war if the result will be another puppet gov or leader?

Yes, the ratio is not even 1 and 100000, let alone the issue of afghanistan which is a dust in air now.

For a change the Afghans need to stop blaming others and take some responsibility themselves.
As far as your ratio is concerned, please tell us how many Afghans stayed in Afghanistan and how many were given refuge in Pakistan.

For a change the Afghans need to stop blaming others and take some responsibility themselves.
As far as your ratio is concerned, please tell us how many Afghans stayed in Afghanistan and how many were given refuge in Pakistan.

I am not blaming anybody. It is you who is trying to impose your version of story on me. I said we made a mistake, I never said Pakistan did make a mistake, it might have been good or it is still good for pakistan what they do and what their policies are, but as per afghanistan it was never good what we did and the policies of pakistan was not good for us, it was a big mistake that we fought the russians and i gave you the reasons too.

We had around 3-4 million refugees in pakistan, iran and other countries and the rest of the population were all in afghanistan. many many thanks to the pakistani and iranin public for their support, we can never forget their help.

I am not blaming anybody. It is you who is trying to impose your version of story on me. I said we made a mistake, I never said Pakistan did make a mistake, it might have been good or it is still good for pakistan what they do and what their policies are, but as per afghanistan it was never good what we did and the policies of pakistan was not good for us, it was a big mistake that we fought the russians and i gave you the reasons too.

We had around 3-4 million refugees in pakistan, iran and other countries and the rest of the population were all in afghanistan. many many thanks to the pakistani and iranin public for their support, we can never forget their help.

Brother we hold Afghans (the innocent civilians of Afghanistan) in very high regard all i'm saying is that fighting the soviets was absolutely necessary for the Afghans more then anyone else.
We have helped our afghan brothers previously and we will in the future.

Brother we hold Afghans (the innocent civilians of Afghanistan) in very high regard all i'm saying is that fighting the soviets was absolutely necessary for the Afghans more then anyone else.

True, Islamic social and economic principles can not practiced under occupation or in slavery .

This is reason Jehad or hijrat are only two options left .

Brother, that is what we thought as well in the begining, but now we know it was a mistake for the reasons i gave you. as per helping us, i do agree that pak public has helped us alot, we can never ever forget that, but not pak gov.

True, Islamic social and economic principles can not practiced under occupation or in slavery .

This is reason Jehad or hijrat are only two options left .

that is what the TTP says too, why do want to eliminate them from pakistan?

Really the bottom line is you cant defeat a religon, prescution just makes it stronger,,,look at the Jews and Israel, 2000 years of perscution an Israel for its size is probably one of the most powerful nations on this earth both military and economically. "Until now Israel has had more business start ups then Chiina and India combined. A report released over the weekend by the research department of Dow Jones VentureSource says the two giant emerging economies combined have now passed Israel in the amount of venture capital invested in high-tech startups in the first quarter of 2008."
China, India together overtake Israel in startup investments - Haaretz - Israel News (Wow could Pakistan learn a lot from Israel.)

In the end some kind of accomdations will have to be made with the Taliban and religious radicals,,,I think Obama is pragmatic enough to realize that....

Neither in the end can groups like the Taliban be allowed to run wild and engage in terrorist activities, each time it happens enought of the Taliban or other leaders will have to be killed to make such behavior unproductive, any country that supports such people will be retaliated against and no goverment or groups will be safe by useing terrorist for their own gain and not accept responsiblity...

There is a huge cause for Israel to be this strong, and what ever they do. : answer is their existence.
No one in Arab world is talking to even have talks with Israel, Look at Iran and some others , they want the Jews to vacate their only land.
Or want to Nuke them. That will be the first thing Iran would do if they acquire nukes , bec there is no discussion possible, as the solution acc to arab world is ..Jews jump into the read sea and vacate the land. Hence their community is united for Existence.

that is what the TTP says too, why do want to eliminate them from pakistan?

Campare Apple with Apple , Afghanistan is under occupation force but Pakistan is independent country , agreed few laws related to banking and taxation are un islamic and few punishments are not as per shariah but Jehad bil saif is not necessary to change them.

We have electrorial system , it is responsibility of elected members to change un islamic laws by legislation if they dont change they are responsible but people should not elect them next time .

I think you are unaware about the success of the operation in SWAT and the ongoing operation in Waziristan.

this operation can be deemed as success if the citizens feel safe and do not die because of the huge wave of bombings. even intelligence agencies and army headquarters(strange) are not safe, let alone the sri lankan cricket team and others. people are afried to even go out to push their daily life.

Campare Apple with Apple , Afghanistan is under occupation force but Pakistan is independent country , agreed few laws related to banking and taxation are un islamic and few punishments are not as per shariah but Jehad bil saif is not necessary to change them.

We have electrorial system , it is responsibility of elected members to change un islamic laws by legislation if they dont change they are responsible but people should not elect them next time .

blackwater, drone attacks, kerry loger(luger??) bill etc. dont you rember that musharaf once said that one of Bush's officials told him(musharaf) that if they dont do what americans tell them they would bomb paksitan to stone age. there might not be huge number of americans troops in pakistan, but aspects of the game all shows how pakistan has to obey america, hence i see only some difference between afghanistan and pakistan when it comes to the americans.

this operation can be deemed as success if the citizens feel safe and do not die because of the huge wave of bombings. even intelligence agencies and army headquarters(strange) are not safe, let alone the sri lankan cricket team and others. people are afried to even go out to push their daily life.

Yes there has been attacks on the HQ and intelligence offices but were dealt with appropriate force. Unlike Afghanistan we have a country where people have to go out for everyday business so you can't bring the country to an halt

The operations conducted by the army are hugely successful whereas unlike Afghanistan the Army is not responsible for the everyday law & order in the cities. The HQ of terrorists is in the area of the ongoing operation, so unless that is cleaned up and the Pak-Afghan border is sealed to whatever extent possible to minimize the infiltration, we will have to face these attacks and we are ready to pay the price.

Yes the people are afraid but they are still not fleeing the country(strange?) but rather ready to fight "Last man Last Bullet"

"Jis par ehsaan karoo uss kay shar say daroo" - Hazrat Ali (PBUH)

"Jis par ehsaan karoo uss kay shar say daroo" - Hazrat Ali (PBUH)

Yes there has been attacks on the HQ and intelligence offices but were dealt with appropriate force. Unlike Afghanistan we have a country where people have to go out for everyday business so you can't bring the country to an halt

been dealt with? they deal with one and they attack another one. unlike afghanistan you have to go out? we also need to go out and live our lives, what planet are you living in?

The operations conducted by the army are hugely successful whereas unlike Afghanistan the Army is not responsible for the everyday law & order in the cities.

It can be deemed success if people feel safe, i dont care what the army is responsible for, what i know is that pakistan is suffering in a bad way right now(sadly) and nobody havent been able to do anything about it.

The HQ of terrorists is in the area of the ongoing operation, so unless that is cleaned up and the Pak-Afghan border is sealed to whatever extent possible to minimize the infiltration, we will have to face these attacks and we are ready to pay the price.

i dont think pakistan will seal its borders, otherwise they might lose or lessen their influence on the taliban and other servents.

Yes the people are afraid but they are still not fleeing the country(strange?) but rather ready to fight "Last man Last Bullet"

as i have mentioned it many times before, the scale of war in pakistan is not the same as afghanistan, otherwise they will flee pakistan too, it's natural to flee death.

Back
Top Bottom