What's new

US lawmakers strongly oppose weapon sales to ‘snitch’ Pakistan

lol?

Rizwan .. an American born citizen grew studied in America.. goes to America's best allied country KSA and gets radicalized

Tashfeen, leaves Pakistan in childhood to live in America's best allied country KSA and gets radicalised

both meet up and come to America...

and do their Business

what does it have to do with me?

Hi,

Because america has become foxnews----that is all they can do---blame everyone else---but themselves---and thank you for the post---the way you put it---.

I was thinking something similar---.

Irfan---the thing is pakistan has done a tremendous amount of work to decimate the terrorists----.

The problem is that we do not understand the intensity of the consequence because the truck missed the car by a whisker--by a hair breadth----so we shake it off as if nothing happened---because our problem is that once we cross over to the other side---we cannot come back----once we see the other side of the VEIL----we cannot look back---turn back time and say okay " he was doing it right and I was wrong ".

Pakistani problem is of marketing itself----. The generals need to stop pitching sales and let professionals do it.

Well sir, I still believe they won't stop these 8 birds. It is too small a deal to spoil graceful exit from Afghanistan and they know it. Most likely these are pressure tactics and should be seen in the backdrop of recent developments. US has been mounting pressure on many fronts and wants Pakistan to cede some space. Top most is nuclear weapons and missile program. More than tactical nukes it is the Submarine launched nukes and long range SSMs that worry them. That puts Pakistan in a very very strong position and it won't be easily dictated then. Then there is this embarrassing situation of Afghanistan. They can't face the public with the current situation over there. Recent humiliation of ANA adds to insult and hence the scapegoating of Pakistan. Then there is this warming Pak-Russia relations and increasing Chinese footprint in Indian Ocean courtesy Pakistan. Doesn't sit well with US policy of choking China via Indian proxy. US might also be setting tone for Pakistan's next big order for Military hardware i.e. come prepared to give in some before you ask for anything big.

All said and done, US still can not afford to walk away just like that (at least in my opinion). There is ISIS rising in Afghanistan which can make US exit impossible to justify. There is critical intelligence to be had and logistics can be a nightmare without Pakistan's help. There is also Russia-china influence to be counter balanced and then there is always a place for a country strategically located with highly trained military. In the end all Pakistan has to do is not flinch and it will be just fine.

checked online no where this news to be found except hinustan / times nothing in US news ???

United States has provided $30 billion to Pakistan since 2001 and Supa Powa India wasn't able to stop this flow of money to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which is armed to teeth with nukes? How comes?

Americans always make so much noise openly but quietly sell to Pakistan whatever it asks for.

not all weapons need to be for anti terrorism. in fact they dont need blk52's the c130 have bombing capabilities. as long as they are dual use then it should be fine. to be quite honest i get annoyed when india complains towards a sale of weapons to pakistan.(no offence) does pakistan complain about india's purchases. you need to remember the usa has been selling weapons to pakistan way back and have established good relations. yes india offers more interms of sales and their arguement of ofsetting pakistan by india ordering more is not going to work as the usa wants both markets.

If we have a large market and potential book order which can be leveraged to mitigate security risks for us, then common sense dictates to use it to it's full potential, if anything make it clear to major suppliers that it is a zero sum game when it comes to business, pick either India or Pakistan, if anything let the equation spill into every sector. It happens in every capital equipment market, why should be defense be any different.

From US's perspective, I am not sure how happy Americans will be know that US transfers entire fleet of AH1's without charging a cent to Pakistan from EDC account and in return what it got from Pakistan is pretty evident, pretty much every high value target harbored in Pakistan, ISI worked directly against US although getting a ton of money from WoT account. After providing billions in military AID if the same recipient is colluding against US, then the outrage from the American law makers is quite obvious.

United States has provided $30 billion to Pakistan since 2001 and Supa Powa India wasn't able to stop this flow of money to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which is armed to teeth with nukes? How comes?

Americans always make so much noise openly but quietly sell to Pakistan whatever it asks for.
How many lives has that 30 billion paid for, how many Pakistani civilians have died in the drone strikes?

look up preamble to your own constitution, it will be pretty evident what you sold to US for the 30 billion....

Taliban In 1991, sanctions activated in 1990

how does American aid bankroll the Taliban ?

you sell yourself to the devil and whine about it

What have you gotten from America other than a few F-16s ?

Read my post again, I am not absolving anyone, merely pointing out tht root of the problem. Pakistan is paying for the mistake of supporting terrorists. But to suggest that the US and the Saudis are not to blame is ignoring historical realities.

I don't think this woman or her husband are considered good terrorists by any part of the establishment in Pakistan. Our establishment wants good relations with US.
I agree US and Saudi are also responsible

how does American aid bankroll the Taliban ?

you sell yourself to the devil and whine about it

What have you gotten from America other than a few F-16s ?

US funded Mujahideen and Mujahideen re branded themselves as Taliban.

The whole policy of supporting Taliban was fundamentally wrong. If Pakistan Army and/or ISI knew where Bin Laden was living it was treason. Saudi Arabia-born Tashfeen Malik was radicalized in Saudi Arabia. American-born husband Syed Rizwan Farook attacked because he had arguments with anti-Muslim person in San Bernardino nothing directly relating to Pakistan. Syed Rizwan Farook graduated from California State University, San Bernardino does that mean that University must be suspect ? Tashfeen Malik studied at Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan on the seat reserved for Overseas Pakistanis and she rarely interacted with the University staff and other students. If you want to blame Bahauddin Zakariya University than equally blame California State University.

If this was an isolated case of indoctrination then I would buy your argument. But we have numerous cases of indoctrination shootings, including the ones that happen in your country almost on daily basis. It is the process of radicalization that is culminating in all these shootings that is alarming. Take 9/11, 26/11, San Bernadino, 2009 Fort Hood shooting cases and many others and what you will find is that all these perpetrators of shooting were indoctrinated or influenced by some radical elements of Islam. They have no respect for human life. They have no respect for man made constitution or its institutions. They are all inferior to commandments from God.

If the University of San Bernardino is teaching all that then you are right.

i know, but what does amerrica has? from there side as a proof.

So you are of the opinion that only which can be proven in court of law with evidence is the only truth. Hope you use that as a life rule. ;)

Pakistan is an American convenience compromise, Look what they did to Iraq, and they didn't need a shred of evidence for that. My sincere advice is Keep safe distance from the Americans. No matter what, their friendship is fatal.

165 mil each are we nuts rafale is around 110 mill better in thi price we got SU 35 20 of them each around 85 mil

Well sir, I still believe they won't stop these 8 birds. It is too small a deal to spoil graceful exit from Afghanistan and they know it. Most likely these are pressure tactics and should be seen in the backdrop of recent developments. US has been mounting pressure on many fronts and wants Pakistan to cede some space. Top most is nuclear weapons and missile program. More than tactical nukes it is the Submarine launched nukes and long range SSMs that worry them. That puts Pakistan in a very very strong position and it won't be easily dictated then. Then there is this embarrassing situation of Afghanistan. They can't face the public with the current situation over there. Recent humiliation of ANA adds to insult and hence the scapegoating of Pakistan. Then there is this warming Pak-Russia relations and increasing Chinese footprint in Indian Ocean courtesy Pakistan. Doesn't sit well with US policy of choking China via Indian proxy. US might also be setting tone for Pakistan's next big order for Military hardware i.e. come prepared to give in some before you ask for anything big.

All said and done, US still can not afford to walk away just like that (at least in my opinion). There is ISIS rising in Afghanistan which can make US exit impossible to justify. There is critical intelligence to be had and logistics can be a nightmare without Pakistan's help. There is also Russia-china influence to be counter balanced and then there is always a place for a country strategically located with highly trained military. In the end all Pakistan has to do is not flinch and it will be just fine.

US Navy would hunt your subs in no time. It is easier to destroy your nukes in the sea rather than land where you have plenty of places to hide

US funded Mujahideen and Mujahideen re branded themselves as Taliban.

that is not Uncle Sam's problem. It is Gen Zia and ISI's policy to exclude secular nationalists from the Mujhadeen and include the Islamic wackos. The CIA went along.

US Navy would hunt your subs in no time. It is easier to destroy your nukes in the sea rather than land where you have plenty of places to hide

that is not Uncle Sam's problem. It is Gen Zia and ISI's policy to exclude secular nationalists from the Mujhadeen and include the Islamic wackos. The CIA went along.

Uncle SAM left millions of extremists on our door steps after breaking USSR into pieces, and they are going to do the same once again. What Uncle SAM expect from US ?? We will not buy them a air ticket to their homes. US should complete the tasks they opened or stop doing world policing.

Uncle SAM left millions of extremists on our door steps after breaking USSR into pieces, and they are going to do the same once again. What Uncle SAM expect from US ?? We will not buy them a air ticket to their homes. US should complete the tasks they opened or stop doing world policing.

Uncle Sam did not choose the extremists. Gen Zia and Pakistani army did
Your army is the god father for all these nutcases

If we have a large market and potential book order which can be leveraged to mitigate security risks for us, then common sense dictates to use it to it's full potential, if anything make it clear to major suppliers that it is a zero sum game when it comes to business, pick either India or Pakistan, if anything let the equation spill into every sector. It happens in every capital equipment market, why should be defense be any different.

From US's perspective, I am not sure how happy Americans will be know that US transfers entire fleet of AH1's without charging a cent to Pakistan from EDC account and in return what it got from Pakistan is pretty evident, pretty much every high value target harbored in Pakistan, ISI worked directly against US although getting a ton of money from WoT account. After providing billions in military AID if the same recipient is colluding against US, then the outrage from the American law makers is quite obvious.
well im sorry..... for the usa its not as easy as picking either or. its, i want you both. india is looking at buying f18 or is being offered f18s. and pakistan is buying f16s. do you think that the usa will not care who it sells the weapons too? remember if pakistan and india become buddies weapon sales will fall incremently. its unlikely as they will never become buddies as powerfull people on both sides dont want that. so with the "threat" of a conflict being moderate that threat needs to be countered, and the usa is there to serve both parties.
sure in some cases like france and russia thats differant.

Back
Top Bottom