What's new

US lawmakers strongly oppose weapon sales to ‘snitch’ Pakistan

why would we protect USA interest?do they owe us for anything?they have given us 30 billion half of which is our own money for the transit given by PAKISTAN.
Before USA so called WAR ON TERROR world was a better place.Before 2003 there was no suicide attack in IRAQ in its entire history and they have seen more than 2000 suicide attacks in the last 10 years and same is the case for almont all the muslim countries, before USA there were no suicide attacks and terrorism in Pakisrtan and aftrer USA invasion of Afghanistan there have been 487 suicide attacks in Pakistan in last 15 years and financial losses of almost $100 billion dollars.Due to USA adventures 70,000 pakistanis have lost their lives.We were not an enemy of USA but the next and current generation of Pakistanis are.USA IS THE ULTIMATE TERRORIST IN THIS WORLD AND EVEN WHEN ISIS IS FINISHED TOMORROW OR DAY AFTER THEN THERE WILL BE ANOTHER ORGANISATION OR COUNTRY(CHINA) WHICH USA WILL SAY IS THE THREAT TO WORLD PEACE

It is sad to see that congressmen of a superpower are so dumb. Oh well. That explain the blunders after blunders that USA did all over the world. From Afghanistan to Iraq to Syria. Keep it uncle sam.

Keep screwing our world. :tup:

What's the relevance of the third picture in this article? typical indian whore cribbing

'The clique that runs that country is treating us like suckers. We are very foolish, giving people money who involve themselves in activity that's harmful to America.'

'When you look at the cold hard facts, Pakistan is not an ally to the United States. They have been a protector of our enemies.'

Aziz Haniffa/Rediff.com reports from Washington, DC.

21sharif-kerry.jpg
Almost every member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Wednesday, December 16, slammed Pakistan for its alleged treachery of declaring its strategic loyalty to the US, but simultaneously providing safe havens for and colluding with terrorist groups attacking the US, India and Afghanistan.

Led by Committee Chairman Congressman Ed Royce, California Republican, the members expressed concern over Pakistan's unrelenting development of its nuclear weapons arsenal and pilloried the Obama administration for its policy of continued to provide Islamabad with military and economic largesse, even as its plays this 'double game.'

At a hearing titled, The Future of US-Pakistan Relations, Royce fired the first of several salvos, noting, that 'The committee has repeatedly urged Pakistan to take meaningful action against key Islamist terrorist groups operating within its territory. Unfortunately, Pakistan, which is now home to the world's fastest growing nuclear weapons programme, has remained a fount of radical Islamist thought.'

'It was no surprise that one of the San Bernardino attackers, Tashfeen Malik, studied at a Pakistani school spreading a particularly fundamentalist message,' Royce added.

'Looking back,' Royce recalled, 'the 9/11 terrorist attacks transformed US-Pakistan relations overnight. After more than a decade under sanctions for its nuclear proliferation, Pakistan was to be a key ally in combating Islamist militancy, becoming a leading recipient of US aid in the nearly 15 years since.'

But 'while the US was quick to embrace Pakistan,' Royce stated, 'Pakistan has hardly reciprocated. Pakistani governments have come and gone, but its northwestern frontier has remained a terrorist haven, with its security services supporting what it considers to be good Islamist terrorist groups.'

'These good groups, under Pakistan's calculus, destabilise Afghanistan and threaten neighbouring India, while the government simultaneously opposes what it considers the bad Islamist groups.'

'Today,' Royce said, 'Deobandi schools create an infrastructure of hate -- 600 Deobandimadrasas, funded with Gulf State money, teach intolerant, hate-filled rhetoric that inspires the foot soldiers of jihadist terrorism.'

'I've made three trips to Islamabad to press this issue,' Royce said. 'Pakistan must do the work to register schools and close those creating new generations of radicals. And those are the schools that are being funded with Gulf State money -- the Deobandi schools, and they need to be closed.'

'Pakistan's nuclear arsenal,' Royce said, 'is on track to be the third largest. Its addition of small tactical nuclear weapons in recent years is even more troubling. This is a country which spends a fifth of its budget on the military, from long-range missiles to F-16s, but under 2.5 percent on education.'

'Through all of the double-dealing, US policy has essentially stood still. Security assistance, cash, and arms has continued to flow under the occasional temporary delays. Indeed, despite some Department of Defence assistance for Pakistan being held because of inadequate efforts against the Haqqani network, the State Department is currently seeking more arms for Islamabad.'

'We want a strong partnership with the country, but a new policy is long overdue,' Royce said. 'One option, as (Eliot) Engel (New York Democrat) and I proposed earlier this year, would be to target those officials who maintain relationships with designated terrorist groups, with travel and financial sanctions.'

'This would make it clear,' Royce argued, 'he US and Pakistan cannot have a true strategic partnership, until Pakistan security services cuts ties with terrorist organisations.'

Congressman Ted Poe, Texas Republican, pointed out that the US 'has given Pakistan $30 billion since 9/11,' and asserted, 'Pakistan is a Benedict Arnold ally to the United States. Even going back to May the 2nd, 2011, when there was the raid on -- in Pakistan, on Osama bin Laden, we didn't tell the Pakistanis we were coming, because, frankly, they would snitch us off and Osama bin Laden would have left.'

'And the near confrontation that took place between the US and Pakistan after the raid, Pakistan scrambled two US-made F-16s, and were headed to the area where the raid took place, and a possible confrontation with two US-made jets against American helicopters at the raid didn't happen, but it could have happened,' Poe said.

'I think we need to be very concerned about providing armaments for Pakistan, who seems to play all the sides,' Poe added.

09sharif-kerry.jpg
'When I was elected 28 years ago,' Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, California Republican, said, 'I think most people considered me Pakistan's best friend in the House of Representatives. And let me just say that I -- over the years-- have been deeply disappointed that those people who I considered to be my friends were betraying the trust of the United States, and were committing acts that were only the acts that an enemy would commit, even though we continued to have a facade of friendship
'We've given $30 billion -- $30 billion since 9/11 -- to Pakistan, yet we realised that since 9/11, we still see that there's ample evidence that Pakistan is still deeply involved with various terrorist networks, including supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan and radicals who kill Americans.'

'Frankly, our relationship with Pakistan has been a disgrace,' Rohrabacher said. 'We have a government that gave safe haven to Osama bin Laden, the murderer of 3,000 Americans -- 3,000 Americans slaughtered in front of us. I don't think anybody believes that the high-level people in the Pakistan government didn't know about that.'

Rohrabacher complained that Islamabad also 'continues to hold Dr Afridi (who provided the US intelligence with information about bin Laden's whereabouts) just to rub it in our face the type of relationship they have with us.'

'And to their own people, they're slaughtering people, they're slaughtering people in Balochistan, and the Sindhis and others who are being brutally oppressed by a clique in their government.'

'It's not all of Pakistan,' Rohrabacher said, 'but the clique that runs that country is treating us like suckers, and they should, because we are. We're acting foolish. We are very foolish, giving people money who have continually to involve themselves in activity that's harmful to the United States of America, is not going to win their friendship.'

'As an Indian American and the only Indian-American member of Congress,' Dr Amerish 'Ami' Bera, California Democrat, said, 'the stability of the region is incredibly important to me.'

'On the counter-terrorism side, I think post-Mumbai in 2008, India demonstrated incredible restraint in its approach to Pakistan.'

'I would have expected Pakistan to have a much more robust crackdown on the terrorist threats, on the LeT (Lashkar-e-Tayiba) and the Haqqani network and others,' Dr Bera said. 'From the perspective of the Indians, there is almost this side-by-side relationship in in Pakistan with some of these terrorist networks that's almost symbiotic. They live side by side.'

'In some ways,' Dr Bera pointed out, 'it is almost as though they allow these networks to exist in Pakistan to destabilise the region, or to have this constant threat on India.'

05bsf-terror1.jpg

'Pakistan -- let's be truthful about this -- plays a double game,' Congressman Brian Higgins, New York Democrat, asserted. 'They are our military partner, but they are the protector and the patron of our enemies. And this has been going on for 15 years.'

'Since 2002,' Higgins said, 'United States aid to Pakistan, economic and military, has averaged about $2 billion a year. Pakistan's annual defence budget is only about $5 billion a year.'

'Also, Pakistan is involved in an arms race against what it believes is its existential threat with India,' he added. 'In fact, according to the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Pakistan could have 350 nuclear warheads in the next decade, becoming the world's third biggest nuclear power, outpacing India, France, China, and the United Kingdom.'

'We have to call them out on this double game that they have been playing, not this year, not last year, not five years, but for the past 15 years.'

'When you really look at the cold hard facts, Pakistan is not an ally to the United States. They have facilitated, they have encouraged, they have been a protector of the very enemies,' Higgins reiterated.

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, Hawaii Democrat and the first and only Hindu American serving in Congress, brought up the role of the ISI and noted that 'there has been evidence time and time again of their direct and indirect connections with the Haqqani network.'

'In 2011,' Gabbard recalled, 'then chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, Admiral Mike Mullen called the Haqqani network a veritable arm of the ISI.'

'I think one of the greatest concerns as we look at how closely connected the Haqqani and others are to Pakistan,' Gabbard said, 'is the safety of the nuclear weapons that they have.'

'When you have the Haqqani network being an arm of the ISI,' Gabbard said, 'there was concern that that they could gain access to these nuclear weapons or traffic them or get them into the wrong hands.'

US Congress attacks Pakistan: 'Acts only an enemy would commit' - Rediff.com India News

To bring peace to this world you have to kill a terrorist having a gun and an american who is carrying a gun outside its american borders, get rid of these two and the world will be a much better place

You make no sense. U.S does not determine pakistan or india's policy towards each other. If anything, we are victims of terrorism from pakistan too. Obama is a fool for selling weapons or giving aid to Pakistan. But i also see why he does- we need to pay off pakistan for the supply route.
Your own generals who are full of praise for the role the Pak Army played in counter terrorism efforts would beg to differ with you. You are an Indian falsoe flagger. MODS please take note.
Araz

Why do you think they bought EFT's???? They have heard the message loud and clear.

But the topic isn't about KSA, nor was one of the shooters radicalized there. That took place elsewhere. Who would you like to bring into the picture in the next post to divert the attention?

Look, no where did I say US should not pursue further investigation if this woman was radicalised in Pakistan. I will not shy away from the fact that certain religious establishments are involved in radicalisation. What I am merely pointing out is that what is happening in Pakistan is an advanced form of cancer of extremist ideology, it is not where the ideology comes from. Foundation for that is the patronage of the House of Saud. You cannot keep treating symptons but ignore the origin of the disease.

The fact of the matter is, the US and all western governments know that Saudi Arabia is ground zero for most extremist groups in terms of ideological backing. The US can stop all trade with pakistan but it will not stop terrorist attacks in US or anywhere else in the world, as long as the Saudis and their partners in the gulf are freely allowed to export extremist ideology around the world, no amount of name calling Pakistan will stop them.

I know someone who met ambassadors of various European countries and they were asked about the best way to stop terrorism. The answer they were given was that 'you all know where the extremists get their ideological cover, together with funds, cut that off and you cut off a significant amount of terrorism.' They all, however, bowed in silent and did not attempt to dispute this nor did they say they will do anything to stop this. Maybe its time the US and western allies "do more" to stop their terrorist buddy Saudi in stopping the export of extremism around the world?

Ideology don't kill people, it's men(terrorists) who kill people

Most murders are premediated. The people doing the killings have motivations and desires that they seek to accomplish with an act of murder, barring few cases. You cannot boil this argument down to "men kill people". That way you will never be able to combat extremism. The fact of the matter is, this woman at least, was "radicalised" in favour of ISIS. She pledged alliegiance to it. Which basically means she espouses the same desires and motivations that they do. Now lets go back and see what the ideology of ISIS is. It's just another branch of the ideology widespread in Saudi Arabia, this ideology is being exported around the Muslim world with full knowledge of the US. Look, I know you're an Indian, so your thought process is already bias against Pakistan. But I am not absolving Pakistanis who have committed terrorist acts. But if you do not look at the motivation behind criminal and terrorist acts, you will never be able to combat it. Are you familliar with a murder investigation? Motivation is one of the first thing that is looked at.

LOLLL, @Irfan Baloch ; there is nothing that India can do that Tashfeen Malik and Syed Rizwan Farook did not do........;)
Now have fun........ :)
lol?

Rizwan .. an American born citizen grew studied in America.. goes to America's best allied country KSA and gets radicalized

Tashfeen, leaves Pakistan in childhood to live in America's best allied country KSA and gets radicalised

both meet up and come to America...

and do their Business

what does it have to do with me?

"they will keep attacking you" you say. Who are ' they'? If intelligence community can not communicate to lawmakers that ' they' are and will be bombed by these F-16 flown by Pakistan military pilots then it can not be Pakistan's fault either. If US lawmakers are so naive that they don't know that US made F-16s have been instrumental in driving out militants from FATA which again was what both US and Pakistan desired, then I'm afraid US lawmakers are about to lose an important ally in their war against terrorism. I can understand a common Joe painting entire Pakistan with same brush but not a senator or congressman..
Sir i am surprised at the intensity of an Indian joker with American flags .. forgot his name.. who is quoting Dawn news as a proof that we support Haqqanis.. the Idiot if he was American. would have known that its Americans who are openly supporting and funding terrorists in Syra and bitching why Russians are bombing their trained people.
well thats beside the point. the US should lockdown the university and school where Farook educated if Tashfeen's short trip of Al Huda univeristy is to be used as transformation.

Your own generals who are full of praise for the role the Pak Army played in counter terrorism efforts would beg to differ with you. You are an Indian falsoe flagger. MODS please take note.
Araz

Did you expect them to publicly insult them? You take a gentleman's courtesy to mean too much. How is that you take note of a comment from our Generals about that, but disregard the very same General's comment calling out Pakistan for supporting terrorist groups?

Is not everyone a false flag to you. That theme seems to be the answer to shirk your responsibilities.

I know Indian shy flaggers normally quote Dawn news a lot when it suits them
but thats besides the point.
Americans know it well and even claim it when it suits them (before the oh shit moment) that they prep and support proxies like in the middle east.. they call them moderate Syrian fighters.
ones who behead people, dig up graves and eat hearts? what is so moderate about them?
and then they cry when Russians bomb these "moderates?".

I know you cant think what an AMerican is thinking right now .. the name of America's most valued Arab ally pops up all the time but the US leadership looks the other way blaming someone else.. quoting Tashfeen and Farooks case is the most half-arsed comment that a poor and clueless American politician has had to use against Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom