What's new

US lawmakers compares China to Nazi Germany

No one here is actually disputing the substance of the article: comparing today's China with the Nazi Germany of 1935. I suppose people accept that, throw out wild accusations or irrelevancies to blind their own eyes, and move on.

Except they shouldn't, should they? By the time the Nazis took over Austria three years later it was too late for anybody to speak out about anything.

The nazi regime butchered over six million jews......and as many eastern european civilians. How dare you call them humble.

i think that is bit harsh on the part of U.S, more ppl in the world hate U.S than china.

i think that is bit harsh on the part of U.S, more ppl in the world hate U.S than china.
The ancient Athenians had this twist to their democracy: once a year they would vote to expel the most hated citizen from their community. The problem is that these people were often the ones who made the most responsible and difficult political and military decisions for the greater good of the community.

In short, the very fact that they stood up and made a successful effort to do the right thing engendered envy from the majority who lacked the necessary gifts, and from that envy came hatred. Something similar seems to lie behind much of the anti-Israel and anti-U.S. hatred of today.

you are right and i agree with you.

Do Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo Bay detention camp, waterboarding, and secret renditions ring a bell?

Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Beginning in 2004, accounts of physical, psychological, and sexual abuse, including torture, rape, sodomy, and homicide of prisoners held in the Abu Ghraib ..."

Guantanamo | Human Rights Watch

"As I sat watching the sentencing hearing at Guantanamo Bay of Omar Khadr, a former child soldier, I wondered how his being detained here for eight years ..."

Waterboarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Waterboarding is a form of torture that consists of immobilizing the subject on his/her back with the head inclined downwards. Water is then poured over the ..."

Obama's No-Torture Order and CIA Secret Renditions - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

"Feb 2, 2009 ... Secret rendition is a big deal. Ask Khaled el-Masri. The CIA should not be grabbing people off the street and flying them on chartered ..."

all embarrassing episodes for the US. but do you want to read up on Chinese prisons? Its Abu Ghrib. Gitmo x 50 every day , all day. Hardly think any of you guys can compare your countries human rights record vs the US.

The ancient Athenians had this twist to their democracy: once a year they would vote to expel the most hated citizen from their community. The problem is that these people were often the ones who made the most responsible and difficult political and military decisions for the greater good of the community.

In short, the very fact that they stood up and made a successful effort to do the right thing engendered envy from the majority who lacked the necessary gifts, and from that envy came hatred. Something similar seems to lie behind much of the anti-Israel and anti-U.S. hatred of today.

You have an interesting point there.

While many bear a grudge against America for being the "world policeman", in fact nobody else wants that job, especially not China. A similar argument could apply to Israel within the Middle Eastern region.

First of all its not the US, its one single congressman. Second the republicans call Obama Hitler every other day... so let's keep the concern in check... heh

WHAT IS DISGUSTING is using a genocide and crimes that Hitler committed comparing it to political acts

Last edited:
all embarrassing episodes for the US. but do you want to read up on Chinese prisons? Its Abu Ghrib. Gitmo x 50 every day , all day.

I would like to see some sources to back up your claim that it is "Gitmo x 50 every day".

I don't deny there are many problems with the prison system in China, but what you said is completely over the top.

killing jews was an unpopular descision by hitler. by your logic that unpopular = right, especially in international issues as you have claimed, hitler was the most correct person in history. he also believed he was doing the right thing: removing people who would otherwise compete with germans. from the point of view of germany, it worked spectacularly until they attacked the much stronger Soviet Union. Much of the hatred towards Nazi Germany is only because they were defeated, otherwise their practices were completely mimicked by the policies of British towards Indians and US whites vs. blacks.

killing jews was an unpopular descision by hitler. by your logic that unpopular = right, especially in international issues as you have claimed, hitler was the most correct person in history. he also believed he was doing the right thing: removing people who would otherwise compete with germans. from the point of view of germany, it worked spectacularly until they attacked the much stronger Soviet Union. Much of the hatred towards Nazi Germany is only because they were defeated, otherwise their practices were completely mimicked by the policies of British towards Indians and US whites vs. blacks.

Well said.

Agreed that many brain-washed Americans and those in other democratic countries suffer from bipolar disorder: at a time they are pound of being hailed, in next second they love to be hated by the same people...

In fact, Europeans/Americans murdered 100,000,000 native Indians, and they were not Natzi at all. Any condemnation now? Any appologies? :hitwall:

I would like to see some sources to back up your claim that it is "Gitmo x 50 every day".

I don't deny there are many problems with the prison system in China, but what you said is completely over the top.

it was meant to be an exaggeration, its not 50 X literary, but conditions in its prison and "SuiHide" a term coined by your people - makes the point. to be noted only 1 person died in abu gharib vs how many died in Chinese prisons a year under suspicious circumstances - google it.

also to be noted Abu Gharib incident was a national embarrassment for the military, civilian leadership and citizens of the US who spoke out loudly against it and its FREE media brought it to the world's attention. can you say the same about china's ruling class allowing such a thing. Remember how they stifled SARS and put the world at risk?

Last edited:
Click on link below to watch the video. For adults only, it is uncensored. The video of the attack starts after 2:48. Later, the attack on the minivan is clearly not justified.

Video link: Wikileaks - U.S. Apache killing civilians in Baghdad • videosift.com

"Wikileaks - U.S. Apache killing civilians in Baghdad
posted by Throbbin 8 months 1 week ago • 7681 views
tags: Murder, Rules of Engagement, Civilian, Collateral Murder, Reuters, Helicopter

From YT - "Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred. Wikileaks released this video with transcripts and a package of supporting documents on April 5th 2010 on http://collateralmurder.com"

I know snuff is prohibited on the sift. I thought this was siftworthy though. Things like this have to be seen if anything is going to change. The real bullshit starts around 9 minutes into the video. There is absolutely no excuse for what happens after that."

Last edited:
Click on link below to watch the video. For adults only, it is uncensored. The video of the attack starts after 2:48. The attack on the minivan is clearly not justified.

Video link: Wikileaks - U.S. Apache killing civilians in Baghdad • videosift.com

"Wikileaks - U.S. Apache killing civilians in Baghdad
posted by Throbbin 8 months 1 week ago • 7681 views
tags: Murder, Rules of Engagement, Civilian, Collateral Murder, Reuters, Helicopter

From YT - "Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred. Wikileaks released this video with transcripts and a package of supporting documents on April 5th 2010 on http://collateralmurder.com"

I know snuff is prohibited on the sift. I thought this was siftworthy though. Things like this have to be seen if anything is going to change. The real bullshit starts around 9 minutes into the video. There is absolutely no excuse for what happens after that."

And? , is that an indictment on on all of US military, Civilian leadership and US citizens? if so, I can post several videos of atrocities of other countries. was it not recently that US refused to provide aid to certain sections of the Pak army after a video surfaced- where they lined up suspected terrorists and family members and shot them in cold blood? and are there not videos of the Indian army committing atrocities too?

Back
Top Bottom