What's new

US imposes restrictions on PIA

PIA can divert its capacity from JFK to YYZ quite easily if need be in view of these TSA restrictions.

Exactly. And pay for the transfer flight on a local carrier. It would certainly take less than 6 hours.

Do the PIA PAX want to travel to XYZ instead of JFK?

Exactly. And pay for the transfer flight on a local carrier. It would certainly take less than 6 hours.

Considering that the original rationale for getting the 777-200LRs was non-stop flights from Pakistan to Houston, Chicago and New York, a majority of US travelers fly onwards from JFK to their final destination anyway. A code share arrangement through YYZ would offer a similar result overall, except for locals from NYC of course.

Considering that the original rationale for getting the 777-200LRs was non-stop flights from Pakistan to Houston, Chicago and New York, a majority of US travelers fly onwards from JFK to their final destination anyway. A code share arrangement through YYZ would offer a similar result overall, except for locals from NYC of course.

PIA can turn this into an opportunity and pay for an overnight stay. Toronto is beautiful this time of year anyway.

Off-topic, but I thought you and the Indians had smoked the peace pipe?

PIA can turn this into an opportunity and pay for an overnight stay. Toronto is beautiful this time of year anyway.

Off-topic, but I thought you and the Indians had smoked the peace pipe?

well I thought that too. But look at this thread. I keep telling them not to throw stones when they live in glass houses but they are baighairat

well I thought that too. But look at this thread. I keep telling them not to throw stones when they live in glass houses but they are baighairat

Pfft. I wouldn't let it get to you. The news is real (presumably) and I am sure there's much worse in the pipeline. Taking on a superpower doesn't come cheap.

Not sure if it is really related to the supply blockade and not real security concerns.

If it is, it would be just the first and most minor step. There are bigger steps the USA can take without even snapping the fingers.

One example, supposedly 2 million textile jobs in Pakistan depend on US imports. How difficult can it be to divert the supply?

Economic screws can be tightened just a wee bit.

Military aid. Restrictions on Pakistani students and others.

Someone suggested in another thread that the blockade will help the soldiers meet their family members and so is in their interest.

May be they can arrange for quite a lot of Pakistanis to be back from Western countries and with their families. What an emotional reunion it would be. ;)

Pfft. I wouldn't let it get to you. The news is real (presumably) and I am sure there's much worse in the pipeline. Taking on a superpower doesn't come cheap.

I am not too worried about this. I just wish our leaders started representing the wishes of their people.

Not sure if it is really related to the supply blockade and not real security concerns.

If it is, it would be just the first and most minor step. There are bigger steps the USA can take without even snapping the fingers.

One example, supposedly 2 million textile jobs in Pakistan depend on US imports. How difficult can it be to divert the supply?

Economic screws can be tightened just a wee bit.

Military aid. Restrictions on Pakistani students and others.

Someone suggested in another thread that the blockade will help the soldiers meet their family members and so is in their interest.

May be they can arrange for quite a lot of Pakistanis to be back from Western countries and with their families. What an emotional reunion it would be. ;)

Another Indians talking out of his rear

KARACHI: The United States has imposed restrictions on PIA flights. According to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) after April 22 prior to arriving in the US, all passengers and luggage on board PIA aircrafts will be subjected to another security check at the Manchester airport.

PIA flies to New York via Manchester three times a week. The average stop over time in Manchester is one and a half hour, but after the new restrictions this will be increased to between six and seven hours.

The new restrictions will not only create problems for PIA passengers but also raise costs for the national flag carrier.

According to PIA officials, the new restrictions may completely throw the airlines flight schedule to the US in disarray. Observers believe that the new restrictions might be because of Pakistan closure of the Nato supply route.

Pyaar toh hona hi tha...

US imposes restrictions on PIA - geo.tv
I guess the PIA authorities begged USA to restrict their planes from entering their country to hide their shame cuz PIA don't have capable flying jets and they don't wanna take risk to fly so far(and they don't wanna admit their inability for maintenance)....ummm......:smokin:

we should reciprocate why requiring all flights coming from US regardless of carrier to be inspected in a totally out of way country..for example..Afghanistan.

we should reciprocate why requiring all flights coming from US regardless of carrier to be inspected in a totally out of way country..for example..Afghanistan.

Dude, you missed out the context.. The security check is in Manchester because PIA flight to US already makes a stop in Manchester. Its not being landed in Manchester specially for sec check :)

It is a humiliating action against Pakistan. 9/11 hijackers were not Pakistanis. Not even one of them. I guess it is now the high time to land each and every NATO flight in and out of Afghanistan and let the good humored Pakistani police go through them checking everything for 12 to 16 hours. Or better still deny all NATO flights altogether. Let them fly over via Russia or Iran. Let's see what happens then.

Back
Top Bottom