What's new

US gives Pakistan one month for NWA action Seeks arrest of five top militan

This is stupidity personified. The US will ignite the whole region into a bloody battle before it bows out of the fight.

Its a massive undertaking and cannot be pulled off in one month without killing civilians along the process. An operation that involves pounding away NWA with artilleries and air strikes will in the end of the day not achieve anything substantial than create a whole region of enemies.

This will result in gross human rights violations and the Pakistanis who carry out these attacks should be charged with war crimes. Pakistanis should speak up against this operation in one voice and oppose it on every front. A rethink is required in our approach to the war on the Pakistani side. The only answer is to convince the region to give up arms and come back under the Pakistani government system.

Mate, thats what happens when you waste the whole year procrastination the preparation for exams and realize 1 week before the exams that its a lose lose situation...Pakistan was turning deaf ears to USA demand of NWA for last few years.. Now that it has become an ultimatum to the govt, it is the innocent civilians who are going to bear the burden of Pakistani Army's earlier reluctance to act against its strategic assets..

If Pakistan and PA has to do everything, why not give us command of NATO and all its assets as well ? Not only we'll do the job, we'll also not butcher innocent Afghan civilians. It is like the US telling us, alright folks, we leave in a month and we really do not have anything substantive to show to the people back home, could you capture all these people and make us look good? Pretty please with a cherry on top? Do it or I kill you.

If Pakistan and PA has to do everything, why not give us command of NATO and all its assets as well ? Not only we'll do the job, we'll also not butcher innocent Afghan civilians. It is like the US telling us, alright folks, we leave in a month and we really do not have anything substantive to show to the people back home, could you capture all these people and make us look good? Pretty please with a cherry on top? Do it or I kill you.

Actually no.. Its like USA telling Pak, that you have a month to deliver on your promise of acting against terrorists on your soil for which you took billions of our taxpayers' money. Now deliver your end of the bargain in next one month, or we will write off the money paid to you as bad debts, and take care of business ourselves.. aka Abottabad..

My man, first off, the myth of Pakistan getting billions and billions of Dollars in Aid has been deflated many times. Please go through the forum to update yourself. Secondly up till now Pakistan has incurred loss of over $50 Billion fighting this WoT. Travel through the Highway network of Pakistan and you'll see the severe damage the containers carrying supplies for NATO have caused. Thirdly, most of the High Value targets of AQ were either captured directly or with the help of Pakistani security Apparatus. Pakistan has taken more human casualties-- military or civilians while fighting this WoT. So NO, not by any standards have the Americans done more for us than we have done for them.

My man, first off, the myth of Pakistan getting billions and billions of Dollars in Aid has been deflated many times. Please go through the forum to update yourself. Secondly up till now Pakistan has incurred loss of over $50 Billion fighting this WoT. Travel through the Highway network of Pakistan and you'll see the severe damage the containers carrying supplies for NATO have caused. Thirdly, most of the High Value targets of AQ were either captured directly or with the help of Pakistani security Apparatus. Pakistan has taken more human casualties-- military or civilians while fighting this WoT. So NO, not by any standards have the Americans done more for us than we have done for them.

Dude, I am just inferring what they are saying.. Right or wrong is best left for the history to decide.. Or in this case, next couple of months..

If they want a new operation in NW, we do not want their Aid or help. All we want them to do is bring over as many American citizens as the people who will be displaced by the operation and put them in NW as well. Those American citizens will live and bear the consequences of the operation with the IDP's, and would be free to go back home when the US deems it fit to end the military offensive in NW.

Dude, I am just inferring what they are saying.. Right or wrong is best left for the history to decide.. Or in this case, next couple of months..

I am just tired of hearing that we we haven't done enough man, That's all. No matter how much disagreements I have with Indians, if I see that India's done something good, I'll have no qualms in accepting it. The least you guys can do is acknowledge the loss that Pakistan has suffered-- both economic and human.

Back
Top Bottom