What's new

US giant Walmart quits India after venture ends

All corporations have expenditures budget. Purchasing decision is always based on price-to-performance ratio. Who are you trying to fool? This is not India, I'm not your average Indian.
yawn, re-read the post average chinaman. Huawei is laughed at in US. fact. :lol:

most chinese firms are only good for making parts.
hardly any chinese company carries brand value.

yawn, re-read the post average chinaman. Huawei is laughed at in US. fact. :lol:

LOL, enjoy your sour grapes coz that's the only way saving grace, you can't even build your 4G without Huawei:omghaha:

Yes, I said 'you." Don't forget you're Indian. F1 or H1-B doesn't make you an American, fairness cream doesn't make you American either. Don't be ashamed of your own, you're what you are. :laughcry:

But Lenovo does have a decent fan following in US.

LOL, enjoy your sour grapes coz that's the only way saving grace, you can't even build your 4G without Huawei:omghaha:

Yes, I said 'you." Don't forget you're Indian. F1 or H1-B doesn't make you an American, fairness cream doesn't make you American either. Don't be ashamed of your own, you're what you are. :laughcry:
lol personal attack? that's what the high IQ is good for. :lol:

much like what most chinese companies are good for, making OEM parts.
most chinese firms have zero brand value in US.

But Lenovo does have a decent fan following in US.
thanks to IBM of course.
only japanese companies were successful in building their own image and brands in US. korea has some success in narrow fields, china is no where to be seen in US.

let me re-iterate, chinese companies are good for making parts, but you'd be naive to believe any consumer here goes "wow" looking at a chinese tech brand.

lol personal attack? that's what most chinese members are good for. :lol:

much like what most chinese companies are good for, making OEM parts.
most chinese firms have zero brand value in US.

I was just trying to distinguish Indian from American, Why are you taking it so personal? See what sour grapes can do to your self esteem :laughcry:

And India has no major industry at all. Don't forget you're Indian :rofl:

DUde, I don't agree. It's one thing to look at the 'evil' retailer, but on the other our protectionists (especially the boneless left m^%^R%%^&#), ignore that our retail productivitly is amongst the lowest in the world. In fact we can drastically increase employment nos. by opening this sector up.

Your post seems contradictory. How can Importing an American business model that is focused on maximizing their own profits help us increase our productivity? Secondly How can a business model that has been designed keeping in mind the minimum use of human capital increase employment?

For India:
American model(malls, giant retailers(WALLmart) = NO!
Euro/Local Model (mum and pop stores, local produce) = YES !

Your post seems contradictory. How can Importing an American business model that is focused on maximizing their own profits help us increase our productivity? Secondly How can a business model that has been designed keeping in mind the minimum use of human capital increase employment?

For India:
American model(malls, giant retailers(WALLmart) = NO!
Euro/Local Model (mum and pop stores, local produce) = YES !

Despite rapid growth over the last decade, labour productivity in India is still much lower than in many other countries. According to the McKinsey Global it is only 15% of US productivity. There are also large variations in productivity levels within the country.

Hows that working?

Despite rapid growth over the last decade, labour productivity in India is still much lower than in many other countries. According to the McKinsey Global it is only 15% of US productivity. There are also large variations in productivity levels within the country.

Hows that working?

It is working just fine.

The % increase in individual labour productivity is only machine induced, as per your stats above. Hence automatically employing less people. As I stated earlier It is not a model suited for the human density that is India.

I was just trying to distinguish Indian from American, Why are you taking it so personal? See what sour grapes can do to your self esteem :laughcry:

And India has no major industry at all. Don't forget you're Indian :rofl:
obfuscating and deflecting again?
so you admit that chinese companies have no brand or goodwill in US. i'm glad I was able to clarify that for you.

when chinese themselves prefer to buy foreign brands, it goes to show how much they trust their own. i dont think i need to say more.

Back
Top Bottom