What's new

US giant Walmart quits India after venture ends

It is working just fine.

The % increase in individual labour productivity is only machine induced, as per your stats above. Hence automatically employing less people. As I stated earlier It is not a model suited for the human density that is India.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

India far poorer than Africa, new measure shows

Don't seem to be working well.

OOPS My Bad.

I thought you were asking genuine questions to increase your knowledge.

If I knew I was being led to this so called "reply" of yours then: lessons learned.

PS: I do not expect you to understand any of the above.

What I understand is you don't know what you are talking about, you only have an opinion, inefficiency in the long run does not work.

What I understand is you don't know what you are talking about, you only have an opinion, inefficiency in the long run does not work.

I do wish that any answer of mine would have been as efficient as your blanket statement. We are done talking.

Just proves why India is becoming a failed state. I've yet to see anything positive coming out of India. Only thing we see is rape, defecation, poverty, collapsed currency, corrupt government, failed projects, etc.

What is wrong with Indians, seriously what is wrong with these people? Ugh!

Just proves why India is becoming a failed state. I've yet to see anything positive coming out of India. Only thing we see is rape, defecation, poverty, collapsed currency, corrupt government, failed projects, etc.

quite a few things are wrong, and it is squarely our own responsibility to fix things. we are developing but no doubt there is a long way to go.

how does walmart scrapping a JV with an indian entity prove India is a failed state? Im trying to find the logic that connects these dots.

and you always see what you want to see...You see Indians as failures, we have our own aspirations and goals. As long as we are the masters of our own destiny and work towards where we want to be, all is good :)

Shame on us if we give a flying **** about the opinion of a Chinese netizen on the success or failure of our state! Since when have we looked to Chinese opinion to reaffirm our success and achievements?!!!

This comment is laughable.

how does walmart scrapping a JV with an indian entity prove India is a failed state? Im trying to find the logic that connects these dots.

and you always see what you want to see...You see Indians as failures, we have our own aspirations and goals. As long as we are the masters of our own destiny and work towards where we want to be, all is good :)

Shame on us if we give a flying **** about the opinion of a Chinese netizen on the success or failure of our state! Since when have we looked to Chinese opinion to reaffirm our success and achievements?!!!

@Peshwa..... u r addressing a troll. Probably the 2nd id of recently banned Lightningbolt.
@Zakii.... can u plz check the post quality of Destro. Because of few members all members fight nastily.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Peshwa..... u r addressing a troll. Probably the 2nd id of recently banned Lightningbolt.
@Zakii.... can u plz check the post quality of Destro. Because of few members all members fight nastily.

My friend, it doesnt matter who he is, he is entitled to his/her opinion.

We have to ensure that we reply with decency and come clearly on our views on any subject when countering their claims.

PS: Trolls survive on being fed. Dont feed them and they will automatically vanish. at least thats how I feel

Last edited by a moderator:

Just reading all the news regarding India, all you hear is bad things. I have yet to see anything positive coming out of India. Don't blame me, blame yourselves. The media just exposes you.

Just reading all the news regarding India, all you hear is bad things. I have yet to see anything positive coming out of India. Don't blame me, blame yourselves. The media just exposes you.

I cant speak for you, but in my opinion information is power. You cant fix something you have no idea is a problem.

So the more information we have on our shortcomings, the more ready we will be to address them or at least have a contingency plan when **** hits the fan.
Yes, it might be embarassing to air your dirty laundry on an "enemy" forum, but I'd rather have a free media than sweep our problems under a carpet.

If that means we somehow dissapoint you, thats just a chance we are willing to take

My friend, it doesnt matter who he is, he is entitled to his/her opinion.

We have to ensure that we reply with decency and come clearly on our views on any subject when countering their claims.

PS: Trolls survive on being fed. Dont feed them and they will automatically vanish. at least thats how I feel

Ok try.

The wholesale business is a huge success story in itself and Walmart will do very well there regardless of when and if they decide to enter the retail space. The headline is completely wrong, Walmart won't be quitting India anytime soon.

That is the impression I got too. They are here to stay and are committed to expand their operations. Unlike some countries where they failed to impress I think their is room for expansion here. Also we badly need their efficiency in bringing the produce from our fields to the store shelves. Their is whole gambit of infrastructure that has to be built for their back end operations to be successful from ports, cold storage facilities and transportation.

My guess is we are like a decade away in building these facilities for these mega stores to come in. Like in China they started in late nineties and they have close to 400 stores. Their infrastructure is way ahead even in nineties for them to just come in and expand.

Since we do not have our act together we have no option but to ease up on the regulations about our 30% local sourcing clause. It will at least give them a foot hold to start.

That is the impression I got too. They are here to stay and are committed to expand their operations. Unlike some countries where they failed to impress I think their is room for expansion here. Also we badly need their efficiency in bringing the produce from our fields to the store shelves. Their is whole gambit of infrastructure that has to be built for their back end operations to be successful from ports, cold storage facilities and transportation.

My guess is we are like a decade away in building these facilities for these mega stores to come in. Like in China they started in late nineties and they have close to 400 stores. Their infrastructure is way ahead even in nineties for them to just come in and expand.

Since we do not have our act together we have no option but to ease up on the regulations about our 30% local sourcing clause. It will at least give them a foot hold to start.

Efficiency is a product of competition and Huge scale. But competition should be FAIR.

If walmart wants to run operations in India by borrowing money @ 2% interest rates, then Indian Retail should also be allowed to have access to funds @ 2% interest rates.

First provide a level playing field to Indian retail before allowing walmarts to exploit India and Indians.

Bunch of nonsense to claim foreign firms who come into India to make a profit and take away the profit is good for Indian economy.

Efficiency is a product of competition and Huge scale. But competition should be FAIR.

If walmart wants to run operations in India by borrowing money @ 2% interest rates, then Indian Retail should also be allowed to have access to funds @ 2% interest rates.

First provide a level playing field to Indian retail before allowing walmarts to exploit India and Indians.

Bunch of nonsense to claim foreign firms who come into India to make a profit and take away the profit is good for Indian economy.

I don't know where you read the news that they are getting 2% interest business loans. I want one too.

Welcome to the world of big business!! You do not have the leverage that these big corporations enjoy from dictating the price to reshaping the communities that they enter.

We are already allowing these big corporations to operate in our country since late nineties but we are just opening up multibrand retail. How best to manage their entry without impacting adversely our mom and pop store be the question we should be asking. We should formulate policies so as to give them some protection like tax breaks etc.

Any time we improve efficiency and productivity which these mega stores will bring to our economy is a plus.

If don't allow them to take their profit then why would they come. Business is profit oriented because it involves risk. Sometime you win and sometime you lose.

Back
Top Bottom