What's new

US eyeing Kashmir for military base

No disagreement, just adding a few points while supporting yours.

All the other off topics posts have been deleted.

Thanks.

It is not important at all!

It maybe important for Paksitan to give bases to fight the Moslems in
Afghanistan, but the same is not applicable to India!

Right, but looking at the news of incursion been made by chinese on north-eastern border and now in laddkh complling us to allow some US sophisticated survillence base to monitor this incursion and learn from them in excelling the pattern needed to foil anymore such incursion

Our sovereignty is more important that handouts.

Nobody is conveying any handouts of whatsever, but just allowing US survellience equipment to base would allow us to learn from it those Intelligence tactics much more effectively, I don't think just for sake of learning would spoil our sovereignty.

And it is possible since our economy is booming!

Offcourse our economy is booming, but only in urban and semi-urban area. To some extent it has influence our rural hinterland as well. But just look at the infrastructure acorss our eastern border, then you would find it that Chinese can mobilise their troops withing split hours and in contrast it will takes days for us to mobilise the same.

The intelligence post would be to collect the intelligence data & not challenge China directly. Whatever the analysis Pentagon does based on those reports it would allow US to adopt counter measures.

Nobody in India would want an angry Leviathan in China breathing down our neck. This isn't happening. Atmost, there can be some intelligence sharing & thats it.

If you do not have any respect for his holiness then atleast don't make it obvious here.. please!!!

China will be a strong and solid alliance of Pakistan! :china::pakistan:

To Indian and USA, if you think that Taiwan (Republic of China), Tibet and Xinjiang (Chinese Turkistan / East Turkistan) are not part of China, please do not hesitate to set up diplomatic relationships with Republic of China, Government of Tibet-on-Exile and East Turkistan terrorist groups!

Then we will terminate all diplomatic relationship with USA and India. That is the only consequence. American and Indian paranoid should know the result.

China DOES NOT ALLOW any other countries to intervene in our internal affairs.

More than 100 years ago, White Evils like Russia / USSR, USA, Britain, France, Germany and Japan invaded us, but they are totally expelled from China after 1960s. We may have many internal problems, we can solve them. China is rising dragon, no one can win us! :china:

We have no intention to extinguish Tibetan and Uyhgur. But we must defence our sovereignty!

Sino,

Anything substantial you have to offer than bland statements that are shots in the blue?!

Do you think China is a goldfish in a bowl?

Sino,

Anything substantial you have to offer than bland statements that are shots in the blue?!

Seems like a Big Fish who will eventually eat the bowl instead with India Inside it.... If India is stupid enough to team with US.

Seems like a Big Fish who will eventually eat the bowl instead with India Inside it....

Pls specify the above in simple language as what is its moral?

If India is stupid enough to team with US.

Don't bother about stupidity of India, since its independence it has played its each and every dimplomatic goal very well and hence rising power like India has got privliage of associating itself with world power like US and Russia who come by thmeselves to move their hands of friendship with India.

Kent,

First of all the post was directed only to Salim! Since it was a response of his post only!
Furthermore, It is difficult for India to geopolitically get involved with US against China.
Such a cooperation would not be seen with good eyes by china and also by Russia as it will give US a greater horizon in Asia then already available to US. Making scenarios of Cooperation is ok but what the post refers seems extremely BS in present geopolitical conditions and levels of Cooperation between all involved countries.

Kent,

First of all the post was directed only to Salim! Since it was a response of his post only!

It is a Public forum and not a private forum, anyone can come and respond to anyone's claim. If my post sounds contridictory according to your line of thinking that you raise your voice.

Furthermore, It is difficult for India to geopolitically get involved with US against China.

US sees china as potential threat to its supremacy in the world as it is rising power both in terms of Economic and Military segament.

India sees china as potential threat in terms of military as it had a border war in the past and there were news of regular incursion of chinese forces in India's North Eastern border.

So one can safely conclude that both US and India identical aim is to contain china regardless of whatever the geo-political equation prevaling in asia.

Such a cooperation would not be seen with good eyes by china

Then who care if china is not seen this cooperation with good eyes, Do you suggesting me that tommorow India and US will have to take permission of china to cooperate with each other. Nobody here bother about china.

and also by Russia as it will give US a greater horizon in Asia then already available to US.

I had only suggested regarding as it will be learning curve for India in terms of intelligence gathering if it allow US to base its sophistecated ELIT survellieance equipment in kashmir.

Regarding Horizon, US already has gain horizon over asia by basing itself in Iraq and Afganistan. And on top of that India would not let to US if it ever allow over its soil to base itself to conspire any plot against Russia.

Making scenarios of Cooperation is ok

So far we people have been doing the same thing since the inception of this forum.

but what the post refers seems extremely BS in present geopolitical conditions and levels of Cooperation between all involved countries.

Is it extremely bias, but in terms of what? Since whatever we have presenting ourselves is not able to accomodate according to what you have to contribute.

Kent ... Donot compare India on any Ground with China! You are by far no match with China and its status in the UN and Security council. So donot put bullshit comments on who cares and who doesn't.

Your logic is extremely in contradiction to what is happening in Asian Politics.

India is trying to enhance economic cooperation with China and only a person with your mentality can see India getting involved with US against China.

As for your question for:

Originally Posted by Proud to be Pakistani
Seems like a Big Fish who will eventually eat the bowl instead with India Inside it....

Originally Posted by Salim
Sino,

My response was:

Seems like a Big Fish who will eventually eat the bowl instead with India Inside it

I hope now you understand why it was directed to Salim's post only.

Furthermore, the BS in my post Stands for B u l l S h i t and not Bias!

Kent ... Donot compare India on any Ground with China!

Why don't we campare India with China? since India is only country in world which is next only to china in terms of Economic Growth as well as streighting ties with world powers like US, Europe and Russia.

As china, India is also regarded as rising power that can influence the Geo-Political Equation prevailing in the world.

If you don't want to accept this sensetence and choose to overlook India iconic status in the world in terms of imprassive Economy and heritage Democracy as rising power, then I can't help you.

You are by far no match with China and its status in the UN and Security council.

Just show me one example where china has created blocklage in the path of India. So far I haven't seen anything substantial from china which try to create hurdle in India's quest to influence world's dimplomatic relationship, other then some protest.

Just because china has secured its position in Security council, it doesn't mean it can create hurdled in a path of India. Even India is pitching hard to secure its position in security council and all the countries which has growing ties with India has acknowledge the fact that, even India is deserving to be be included in Security council.

So donot put bullshit comments on who cares and who doesn't.

I think you suggest this notion to yourself rather then me. Since I have the privliage of making this comment as far as my understanding of India's dimplomatic relationship with world power and associated influence is concerned.

Your logic is extremely in contradiction to what is happening in Asian Politics.

If it really contrdict, then why didn't you came up with any authortive source or understanding about asian politics which can counter my claims.

Asif, any of your suggestions in these respect are welcomed.

India is trying to enhance economic cooperation with China

Since if India want to fulfill its satisfication of becoming Iconic status of Superpower, then it becomes imperative for India to establish peaceful ties with china.

and only a person with your mentality can see India getting involved with US against China.

Since I have a particuler reason for invloving US with India to counter china, as I always come across every now then about the news involving Chinese incursion across India's Northeast border. And hence base upon this notion I had concluded that India should take some lesson from US in terms of Intelligence tactics by allowing it US to base its Cutting Edge survillence systems.

As for your question for:

Originally Posted by Proud to be Pakistani

Originally Posted by Salim
Sino,

My response was:

Seems like a Big Fish who will eventually eat the bowl instead with India Inside it

I hope now you understand why it was directed to Salim's post only.

Asif, you have just rewinded what were you came up with your earlier post to which I had questioned. Take your time and then answer me back.

Furthermore, the BS in my post Stands for B u l l S h i t and not Bias!

Is there any big difference between Bullshit and Bias?

For you all the things are same!....:blah: :blah:

Your mental level is evident from your comments and since such BS is beyond explanation, and no analysis on such BS is available by geopolitical analysts, i should cease to argue....:pop:

For you all the things are same!....:blah: :blah:

Asif, this is your usual unsurprising way of response when you find yourself exhusted with anymore decent discussion.

Your mental level is evident from your comments

When you can't counter back my comments with authentic ideology then you have every right to accuse my mentality, since it is usual way of reply.

and since such BS is beyond explanation,

If this is the case, then why did you accuse me of disordered mentality?

and no analysis on such BS is available by geopolitical analysts, i should cease to argue....:pop:

Since those reasoning's are indisputable as well as provided with facts which was also substentiated by some respectable posters as well.

Sino,

We don't negotiate with Terrorists (East Turkistan Terrorist groups, CIA), Secessionists (Tibetan Government on-Exile, Republic of China / Taiwan), Anti-China movement activists (American minions, Indian nationalists, Japanese rightwingers, American imperialists, Free Tibet groups) and rubbish!

:china::pakistan:

It is not important at all!

It maybe important for Paksitan to give bases to fight the Moslems in
Afghanistan, but the same is not applicable to India!

Our sovereignty is more important that handouts. And it is possible since our economy is booming!

in 2001 it was India that was very every quick to offer US to use Indian bases for attacking Afghanistan. India was ready to offer US, her bases in bid to control in Afghanistan and ditch Pakistan.
So Sir do not respond emotionaly.

Besides During Gulf War Indian bases were used by US jets for refueling.

---------

India to Allow U.S. to Use Bases for Staging Ground

Offer Would Give Military a Backup Plan Should Pakistan Balk at Letting in Troops

By Rajiv Chandrasekaran
Washington Post
Monday, September 17, 2001; Page A09

NEW DELHI, Sept. 16 -- India will allow its military bases to be used as a staging ground for U.S. forces in a retaliatory attack on terrorist targets in Afghanistan, an offer that provides the United States with a new degree of strategic flexibility and additional leverage to elicit a similar commitment from neighboring Pakistan.

Indian officials have not publicly discussed their decision, reached at a cabinet committee meeting on security less than two days after the terrorist strikes on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, apparently out of fear that it might inflame the country's Muslim minority.

But Indian officials have privately told the United States that, if requested, they will allow U.S. troops and equipment to be temporarily based on Indian soil for the first time in the country's history. Although Indian officials said the United States has not yet formally asked to use any Indian facilities, Western officials and military analysts said the offer provides U.S. commanders with a nearby backup location for ground forces should Pakistan, which lies between India and Afghanistan, balk at allowing in U.S. combat units.

Pakistani officials have said the United States has not sought permission to put ground combat forces in Pakistan. The Pakistani government has said that, if asked, it would consider a request for a multinational force that includes representatives of Muslim nations -- a condition not attached to India's offer.

"We have given unconditional and unambivalent support for any action the United States may take to deal with the problem of global terrorism," one Indian official said.

Staging ground troops in India could pose a challenge, however, because India and Afghanistan do not share a border. Any troops based in India likely would have to be transported by air over Pakistan, analysts said.

More significantly, officials and analysts said, Indian air bases could play a role in housing fighter planes and refueling long-range bombers. And Indian intelligence services, which have long tracked Muslim extremist groups in Afghanistan because of their support for separatist guerrillas in the disputed Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, could provide valuable information to U.S. commanders.

U.S. officials have identified Saudi fugitive Osama bin Laden, who is being harbored by Afghanistan's ruling Taliban movement, as the primary suspect behind last week's attacks in New York and Washington.

Indian officials said they already have given the United States intelligence reports about the Taliban, bin Laden's training camps and other extremist groups operating in Afghanistan.

India's offer to cooperate with the United States is a significant milestone in efforts by the two nations over the past year to forge closer ties. Such a proposal, officials and analysts said, would have been unthinkable during the Cold War, when India led a nonaligned movement and had friendly relations with the Soviet Union.

"Within 72 hours of the attacks, India had reversed decades of policy with regard to cooperating with the United States," one U.S. official here said.

During the Persian Gulf War, India allowed U.S. planes to refuel en route from bases in the Pacific Ocean, a move that sparked controversy domestically.

"India could have offered what it did before and everyone would have thought, 'Great,' " a Western diplomat here said. "The idea of foreign troops on Indian soil has heretofore been anathema."

Indian officials, whose alacrity in proffering support surprised Western nations, see their wholehearted backing for the U.S. effort as a chance to seize the high ground over Pakistan, its longtime enemy. Pakistan has been more tepid in its endorsement of the U.S. campaign to avoid provoking its fundamentalist Muslim population. India contends that Pakistan has turned a blind eye to terrorist groups that operate on its territory.

For India, a predominantly Hindu country that has been a frequent victim of Islamic terrorism, any campaign to crack down on militant activity in Afghanistan is welcome, if long overdue. India contends that the Taliban has provided support not just to insurgents in Kashmir but to a range of other terrorists, including those who hijacked an Indian Airlines plane in 1999.

In a nationally televised address after the attacks, India's prime minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, echoed President Bush's call for a war against terrorism. "The world must join hands to overwhelm them militarily, to neutralize their poison," Vajpayee said.

Although the rapprochement between Washington and New Delhi began in the final year of the Clinton administration, it has picked up steady momentum under Bush, who favors lifting sanctions imposed on India in 1998 after it conducted nuclear tests. The Bush administration has increased military cooperation, and over the past few months, a series of high-level U.S. officials have visited this capital, including Deputy Secretary of State Richard L. Armitage and Gen. Henry H. Shelton, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

© 2001 The Washington Post Company

washingtonpost.com: India to Allow U.S. to Use Bases for Staging Ground

Back
Top Bottom