What's new

US drone strike kills Mullah Nazir: Sources

Thats what most people who oppose drones don't understand. Lets face it, our own army has been hesitant at best in dealing with this threat.

These drones are the only line of defense we have against these animals. I for one and hoping to see many more of such stories in the future.

Why doesn't Pakistan make its own drone or buy from the Chinese? Drones have proven to be the most effective weapon system that can be deployed in asymmetric warfare mode.

Pakistan Army should prepare whole squadrons of strike drones in order to take on this Taliban menace.

The ultimate weapon system of the U.S military against the bad guys.....

Drones+can+be+hijacked+by+terrorist.jpg

Why doesn't Pakistan make its own drone or buy from the Chinese? Drones have proven to be the most effective weapon system that can be deployed in asymmetric warfare mode.

Pakistan Army should prepare whole squadrons of strike drones in order to take on this Taliban menace.

]

Since you are advocating more action why doesnt US provide Drones to Pakistan so we just get the hell out of these Terrorists?

Well apparently he was in peace-treaty with Pakistan. How do Pakistanis see this drone strike?

:

He became another Baitullah Mehsud so you can figure out what military planners think of the strike.

mmmmm they had their nod

Since you are advocating more action why doesnt US provide Drones to Pakistan so we just get the hell out of these Terrorists?

You aren't an trusted ally and also, you are pretty close to the Chinese. We can't give you this cutting-edge technology...

He became another Baitullah Mehsud so you can figure out what military planners think of the strike.

mmmmm they had their nod

Wait, I don't understand this. As far as I remember, this Baitullah guy was Pakistan's THE number one enemy..but this Nazir dude was believed to be in peace with Pakistan. So how come Nazir was another Baitullah Mehsood? :what:

They will not go for attack with their own drones, it may keep soldiers close in their barracks and will suspend their free movement across Pakistan. BTW they issues coloured book to get ride of this future situation.

Not really.. They are attacking the factions that are attacking them in Afghanistan.

Yes, still unsuccessful to find Fazal Ullah behind their NATO base in Kunar.
Care while comment not a big task.

[putting it as a separate thread outside drone strikes thread since it talks about a HVT]

US drone strike kills Mullah Nazir: Sources – The Express Tribune
Some Pakistanis say the drone strikes are an infringement of their national sovereignty and have called for them to stop.
Others, including some residents of the tribal areas along the Afghan border, say they are killing Taliban commanders who have terrorized the local population.

I will called it MALFUNCTION in journalism/reporting, just write who actually and then look how serious they are to be sovereign state.

You aren't an trusted ally and also, you are pretty close to the Chinese. We can't give you this cutting-edge technology...

Do you think Chinese wont get it some other way? if you are taking into consideration few concerns then dont you think Pakistan also has the same right wrgt to this WoT

Wait, I don't understand this. As far as I remember, this Baitullah guy was Pakistan's THE number one enemy..but this Nazir dude was believed to be in peace with Pakistan. So how come Nazir was another Baitullah Mehsood? :what:

Read my post again. i used the word "BECAME". the planners here observe patience for long time and strik at suitable time.

Do you think Chinese wont get it some other way? if you are taking into consideration few concerns then dont you think Pakistan also has the same right wrgt to this WoT

Chinese might get it, but they won't have what we have.

Yes, Pakistan can be an equal partner in this war. But we all know that you have your own interests in the region.

Read my post again. i used the word "BECAME". the planners here observe patience for long time and strik at suitable time.

What stops Pakistan from striking TTP and Hakimullah Mehsood then? Give us the intelligence, and we will order a hit on Hakim Ullah...but again, Pakistan won't do the same for some Afghan groups, and thats understandable.

Well apparently he was in peace-treaty with Pakistan. How do Pakistanis see this drone strike?

Drones are our biggest ally in this brutal, tiring war....

What if U.S military didn't have the drones at their disposal? Things would've been pretty ugly for all the parties involved. :fie:

Mullah Nazir was giving a tough time to TTP specially after he escaped an earlier TTP attempt to kill him. With Mullah Nazir gone the Pakistan have to face more tough time in internal security.

i'm dead against all the faction of Talibans, but what makes me wonder is that US is drone attacking the faction which have a peace agreement with PAK....

A good Taliban is a dead Taliban..

Yes, still unsuccessful to find Fazal Ullah behind their NATO base in Kunar.

Perhaps some one in CIA thinks Fazlullah is their good Taliban..

Our condolences are first with the ISI and secondly the members here. I am sure while he will be missed ISI the god father of terrorism will find a replacement. This particularly happened at the wrong time. :-?

A good Taliban is a dead Taliban..

Perhaps some one in CIA thinks Fazlullah is their good Taliban..

Fazlullah is just a false flag.

Punch line used by Taliban recruits: PA is working with infidels, so that's why it's better to let USA use drones if we did it ourselves the anti drone crow would join Taliban by the thousands

I don't know whether to be glad that this dangerous militant is dead or worry about the consequences of this action because we had a peace deal with Nek Mohammed Wazir too who was killed in a drone strike and that acted as one of the events that broke the dam. After that and the lal masjid siege attacks on security forces multiplied and our country became a war zone.

The timing of this strike is extremely suspicious. Nazir had basically declared war on the TTP and after the bombing attempt on him (which was also extremely suspicious I might add since the the Americans consider him an enemy and no main Taliban leader has ever suffered a similar attack) he was known to have attacked TTP fighters

These are some reports from Waziristan in the past few months

November 29: Suicide attack on Nazir from a suspected TTP militant. Nazir survives but 6 civilians die. First suicide attack blast on local citizens in Waziristan too.
November 30: 2 TTP militants murdered in Wana as outrage spreads.
December 1: Nazir and a jirga of Wazir elders order Maseeds and everyone affiliated with the TTP to leave Wana.
December 2-21: Unconfirmed reports of clashes by some of my contacts on the inside-but no news in big newspapers.
December 22: Abbas Wazir, a Mullah for the TTP killled in a bomb blast in his Wana office.
December 31: 9 TTP militants found dead in North Waziristan (not Nazir's territory though). Thought to be extra-judicial killing in response to the murder of 21 policemen by TTP.
Today 3 jan: Nazir dead along with his deputy too and a number of Taliban militants. A source says there were literally thousands at his funeral (God knows what is going on in there with militants getting so much support.

I mean I sometimes have to say, it is as if the USA is doing everything in its power to protect the Tehreek E Taliban Pakistan. It does not make sense. I believe the US may have had a hand in the bombing attempt against Nazir and that there may be things that point to the fact that the US is either unconcerned about or is indirectly/directly supporting the TTP.

Nazir controlled Wana and his presence there was stopping the TTP from setting up camp there. No wonder people say US and TTP are working hand in hand to destabilize Pakistan... when baitullah was preparing to talk peace and claiming he would stop attacks on all Pakistanis and focus on Afghanistan he was suddenly killed in a drone strike.

I fear Wana may soon come under the control of TTP militants because currently there is a vacuum and no senior leader to take Nazir's place. The TTP are the prime threat for Pakistan. If they gain from this, then this airstrike has had negative consequences for Pakistan. It is time to accept that even in this war which was initially imposed by US (and has now become our war because of it) we have totally differing interests.

Our job should be to stop attacks in Pakistan... and we all know US defends its interests since their job is to ensure no American gets killed. Afghans like @Sher Malang are cannon fodder who their planes can bomb anytime. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guessing from sad and angry Pakistani comments here,

Mullah Nazir was a afghani taliban.

Well Rot in hell for him.

USA Saved their puppets TTP. since some days back Mullah Nazir threaten TTP to leave Waziristan... otherwise face consequences... so TTP lords try to save their puppets...

Back
Top Bottom