What's new

US drone strike kills Mullah Nazir: Sources

His two closest companions were killed with him in the drone strikes.

Oh...

And what about the tribe? Wouldn't they be anti-Mehsud and would they let TTP get a foothold back so easily? Or are they severely under-powered with respect to TTp.

Oh...

And what about the tribe? Wouldn't they be anti-Mehsud and would they let TTP get a foothold back so easily? Or are they severely under-powered with respect to TTp.

The Wazirs are the underdogs here, they'll need plenty of support from PA to be able to resist the TTP if they decide to regain their foothold in SWA.

The Wazirs are the underdogs here, they'll need plenty of support from PA to be able to resist the TTP if they decide to regain their foothold in SWA.

...will PA support them openly?

I am not talking about fighting the TTP as PA, but about arming and supporting the Waziris and letting those two fight it out.

The PA will support the Wazir Aman Lashkar which is quite a huge militia.

Dude do you think that this could have a blow-back on GOP & PA ? Which is to say could this lead to a back-lash from the Wazir Tribe itself whether in the form of open confrontation or using the Aman Lashkar in the same manner the Taliban use the ANA to pop of American & ISAF soldiers & instructors alike ?

Dude do you think that this could have a blow-back on GOP & PA ? Which is to say could this lead to a back-lash from the Wazir Tribe itself whether in the form of open confrontation or using the Aman Lashkar in the same manner the Taliban use the ANA to pop of American & ISAF soldiers & instructors alike ?

Any retaliation against GoP or PA? Unlikely.
Against ISAF personnel? Most Likely.

In Tribal culture, there is a very simple rule to follow. Eye for an eye, ear for an ear and a life for a life and then they try to one up against the instigating party.

Any retaliation against GoP or PA? Unlikely.
Against ISAF personnel? Most Likely.

In Tribal culture, there is a very simple rule to follow. Eye for an eye, ear for an ear and a life for a life and then they try to one up against the instigating party.

So this doesn't have the potential to become 'hey Pakistan provides the supply routes etc. etc. so if I can't gouge out American eyes for the ones I lost, that Pakistani picket over there sounds like the next best thing' ?

So this doesn't have the potential to become 'hey Pakistan provides the supply routes etc. etc. so if I can't gouge out American eyes for the ones I lost, that Pakistani picket over there sounds like the next best thing' ?

Not Likely but being FATA, I will refrain from making a definite statement.

Perhaps some one in CIA thinks Fazlullah is their good Taliban..

and a neighbour country slept with CIA to make him GOOD TALIBAN. The jackals ever go after lion make its hunt.

Indeed, for someone like me for whom national interests are the first priority, it is a loss. Mullah Nazir represented a counterweight to the TTP Nucleus and more importantly, was an elder of the Wazir Tribe which is allied with the Govt in the WoT. This will not settle well with them and this drone strike just earned the ISAF a new set of problems. You as a Pushtun will know the importance of Pukhtunwali and the position that a Mashar occupies within that system, you will also be well-versed with the concept of Badal and I believe the rest is self-explanatory.

What new set of problems? Seeing Mullah Nazir was happy to kill ISAF troops already what has changed.

You seem to forget Badal cuts both ways he killed ISAF troops they returned the favor.

What new set of problems? Seeing Mullah Nazir was happy to kill ISAF troops already what has changed.

You seem to forget Badal cuts both ways he killed ISAF troops they returned the favor.

New set of problems being that the attack on a tribal elder turned this into a tribal affair, now the Wazirs, not just CNG will be out for vengeance. The issue could have been tackled more tactfully seeing as negotiations are the order of the day.

Our condolences are first with the ISI and secondly the members here. I am sure while he will be missed ISI the god father of terrorism will find a replacement. This particularly happened at the wrong time. :-?
Fazlullah is just a false flag.

Why don't you pointed out your foreign masters governing your nation? If you were a nation then why they ruled on you? and you now firing putting gun on their shoulder. Fazlullah is not false flag, oh yes; what left behind saying it rather than admitting his presence. The God Father has enough ability to face morons across the line.

The issue could have been tackled more tactfully seeing as negotiations are the order of the day.

I am obviously far less informed than you on the details but my impression was the result of negotiations was " fine we wont opperate in Pakistan but we are still going to keep killing Americans in Afghanistan"

How many rounds of negotiation had already happened. There seems to be a double standard that when a Pashtun acts a certain way its fine but when any one else does its wrong. Does this escalate things perhaps but how many Waziri Elders were already killed by the Taliban yet they chose to keep killing Americans rather than spending all their time concentrating on the Taliban.

Some times tact is called for yet it would seem that tact was given a chance and failed.

No i am not a Pashtun and i only see things as an outsider but perhaps Abdullah Kalta wouldnt think we arent all that different.

Sad incidence *sarcasm*, lose of an asset to some people though!

after all defend Pakistan against Shameful TTP/Terrorist camps/Bomb factories/ assets of Afghanistan under foreign Fathers, i don't know what was he but once he worked in interests of Pakistan it was his plus point. He fought against barbaric and inhuman TTP.

after all defend Pakistan against Shameful TTP/Terrorist camps/Bomb factories/ assets of Afghanistan under foreign Fathers, i don't know what was he but once he worked in interests of Pakistan it was his plus point. He fought against barbaric and inhuman TTP.

facepalm! create a thread and defend all these Pakistani heroes!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom