What's new

US deploys troops along Pak border

as they (NATO) are effectively the occupation force in Afghanistan --it means they are calling the shots militarily/security-wise in Afghanistan for now

so what they do on that side is their business --and I guess the business of their ''hosts'' in Kabul green zone.

actually, Pakistan has been begging NATO/ISAF to do more to guard the border from that side, considering the fact that the border regions on the Afghan side are largely left unguarded most of the time

Keeping the news report in mind don’t read anything I say below and watch the video first to get an Idea what I am going to say.

Notice the terrain and the roads in both videos to get the idea about the area.

Camp Keating, Afghanistan (former Kamdesh PRT) I - YouTube

US military base under Taliban control - YouTube

Regarding this news, I fail to see the reason for the enthusiasm of Indian members which is not only misplaced but also self defeating.. I don’t know why they have decided that it’s a cause for celebrating the Invasion of Pakistan by the NATO forces.

On the contrary, from the Pakistani military point of view, it took NATO 10 years to actually do something from their side what Pakistan has been telling them already o do on Afghan side to support Pakistani border control. Given the terrain features and logistical nightmare plus harsh weather conditions throughout the year its easier said from the comfort of the offices than actually in the field.
it’s a welcome development but its mostly symbolic and people like me who have lived in the area, have contacts with the yousafzais, Mehsouds, kakakhels & Usman Zais belonging to Waziri tribes know too well how much substance is there in the report when it includes “heavy machinery, heavy tanks and artillery to give weight to the deployment”.

As far as the heavy tanks are concerned, the best that region has seen is BMPs (of Soviet era) or the American Bradley and British Scimitars. The dirt roads, narrow passes and short ledges by the mountains don’t support any thing bigger. Also the deployment of such a mass number as is being claimed is impossible, unless NATO halts all its other operations both combat, support, transport and logistics and devotes all its aviation to drop “hundreds” of troops with vehicles along the hill tops.

I am not dismissing any movement whatsoever but I am questioning the “the alleged massiveness” that has been under taken overnight. I can sense some smart readers will point me towards the awesomeness of the NATO forces and their technology but I will only remind then of the actual incidents where they had to abandon bases and their fellow soldiers that were over run by Taliban and with all their firepower and state of the art military hardware all they could do was watch their “boys” fall and were only able to come in when the Taliban had left the place destroyed. The first video relates to that base after the fight.

Coming back to the news, my best estimate is a battalion size deployment of troops that can call in air strikes that have light to medium mortars with them and have dug in some positions on the hill tops but its not sustainable because of the remoteness of the area they need constant supplies and relief to last up to next few months and as we speak some hill tops will be already covered with snow or bone piercing wind, and when I say bone piercing I mean every single word of it literally. NATO will conduct some searches in the villages, make some arrests, their kill teams will murder some locals while there are no witnesses make some videos and then they will leave the place afterwards.

The best outcome out of this is that there will be less cross border movements on either sides of Pak Afghan border.

Good luck NATO with moving your “heavy tanks and artillery” and policing this area. wish you all the best because we alone cant do it.
Waziristan-mountains-maverick-bashoo1.jpg
we have to understand that americans always win the "perspective" war. they will blitz it , enter the infantry at one beaten track backed by the Armour. will stay for 2-3 days and then retrieve. Armour is important because it actually protects the infantry. you take a fire from any direction and you pound back mercilessness in that direction (example of russian attack at grozny and US attack in iraq).

my opinion is that they can attack NWA any night.... while we all remain over confident of our lousy brain storming and not very sound military SOPs.

they just need to stage some thing and they can do it with 999 troops on ground with a squardon or two above.

Considering that the Pakistan Army has repeatedly refused to take action against the Haqqani group based in the AFPAK region, and which is responsible for killing American troops, they probably had no other choice than to deploy their troops along the border to prevent such attacks emanating from Pakistan.

It's quite likely that this U.S. deployment could inevitably result in Pak-U.S. clashes which could spiral out of control. And that's bad news!

How much for the magic ball ?

well, if they do all we need to do is arm the haqqanis.
Hmmm...We thought you were already doing that for years? After all even the US of A says that much of the Coalition Support Funds are being diverted to the Haqqanis by the PA/ISI for fighting the ISAF in Afghanistan? Imagine American tax payers dollars being used to fund the Haqqanis with arms, ammo and training to kill the Americans themselves. In short, American tax dollars being used to kill American troops! Damn! What an irony. These Americans must be stupid! But this is probably what got their goat which resulted in their forward deployment on the AFPAK border.
if things get out of controll the PA can finish of the job
You mean finish off the Americans and NATO forces in Afghanistan by the Pakistan Army? Are you from Mars? Jeeez! That's why basic education is so important before commenting in forums!
:pop:

Cheers!

Hmmm...We thought you were already doing that for years? After all even the US of A says that much of the Coalition Support Funds are being diverted to the Haqqanis by the PA/ISI for fighting the ISAF in Afghanistan? Imagine American tax payers dollars being used to fund the Haqqanis with arms, ammo and training to kill the Americans themselves. In short, American tax dollars being used to kill American troops! Damn! What an irony. These Americans must be stupid! But this is probably what got their goat which resulted in their forward deployment on the AFPAK border.

You mean finish off the Americans and NATO forces in Afghanistan by the Pakistan Army? Are you from Mars? Jeeez! That's why basic education is so important before commenting in forums!
:pop:

Cheers!

We??? umm aren't you in india? second don't troll when you have no clue what you are talking about the story is much more complex then you can even imagine both sides are playing each other its poltics.

They Probably have come there to dig their graves so taliban can burry them.That what taliban will save lot of money of usa govt. to buy body bags and ship their dead bodies back home.

They Probably have come there to dig their graves so taliban can burry them.That what taliban will save lot of money of usa govt. to buy body bags and ship their dead bodies back home.

Perhaps thats the intention. The bait trap. Hopefully sending thousands of Taliban to overrun a few hundred. Easy win for the Taliban right?

Just for the sake of argument, even if what you said above is true then don't you think the Americans and NATO doing the same by paying Haqqanis and other Taliban factions to let go their supplies safely through Taliban strong holds? This is the real irony that American soldiers are paying Taliban to kill themselves!

Keeping the news report in mind don’t read anything I say below and watch the video first to get an Idea what I am going to say.

Notice the terrain and the roads in both videos to get the idea about the area.

Camp Keating, Afghanistan (former Kamdesh PRT) I - YouTube

US military base under Taliban control - YouTube

Regarding this news, I fail to see the reason for the enthusiasm of Indian members which is not only misplaced but also self defeating.. I don’t know why they have decided that it’s a cause for celebrating the Invasion of Pakistan by the NATO forces.

On the contrary, from the Pakistani military point of view, it took NATO 10 years to actually do something from their side what Pakistan has been telling them already o do on Afghan side to support Pakistani border control. Given the terrain features and logistical nightmare plus harsh weather conditions throughout the year its easier said from the comfort of the offices than actually in the field.
it’s a welcome development but its mostly symbolic and people like me who have lived in the area, have contacts with the yousafzais, Mehsouds, kakakhels & Usman Zais belonging to Waziri tribes know too well how much substance is there in the report when it includes “heavy machinery, heavy tanks and artillery to give weight to the deployment”.

As far as the heavy tanks are concerned, the best that region has seen is BMPs (of Soviet era) or the American Bradley and British Scimitars. The dirt roads, narrow passes and short ledges by the mountains don’t support any thing bigger. Also the deployment of such a mass number as is being claimed is impossible, unless NATO halts all its other operations both combat, support, transport and logistics and devotes all its aviation to drop “hundreds” of troops with vehicles along the hill tops.

I am not dismissing any movement whatsoever but I am questioning the “the alleged massiveness” that has been under taken overnight. I can sense some smart readers will point me towards the awesomeness of the NATO forces and their technology but I will only remind then of the actual incidents where they had to abandon bases and their fellow soldiers that were over run by Taliban and with all their firepower and state of the art military hardware all they could do was watch their “boys” fall and were only able to come in when the Taliban had left the place destroyed. The first video relates to that base after the fight.

Coming back to the news, my best estimate is a battalion size deployment of troops that can call in air strikes that have light to medium mortars with them and have dug in some positions on the hill tops but its not sustainable because of the remoteness of the area they need constant supplies and relief to last up to next few months and as we speak some hill tops will be already covered with snow or bone piercing wind, and when I say bone piercing I mean every single word of it literally. NATO will conduct some searches in the villages, make some arrests, their kill teams will murder some locals while there are no witnesses make some videos and then they will leave the place afterwards.

The best outcome out of this is that there will be less cross border movements on either sides of Pak Afghan border.

Good luck NATO with moving your “heavy tanks and artillery” and policing this area. wish you all the best because we alone cant do it.
Waziristan-mountains-maverick-bashoo1.jpg

Please note that nobody here is rejoicing or partying thinking that the USA is going to attack Pakistan. God forbid if any sort of such thing would occur hypothetically, it will be a night mare for us. No thanks we don't want such kind of situation in this region.

U.S. troops deployed in Afghan area bordering Pakistan’s North Waziristan: report

By AL ARABIYA
DUBAI

The United States shifted hundreds of its troops to the Afghan area bordering North Waziristan on Sunday along with heavy arms and gunship helicopters and sealed the Pak-Afghan border for all types of movement, a Pakistani daily reported on Monday.

Tribesmen living in the border areas said Afghan and U.S. authorities had clamped a curfew in the Gurbaz area of Afghanistan’s Khost province and started house-to-house searches, Pakistan’s The News reported.

The abrupt deployment of U.S. forces near the border area with Pakistan has escalated tension in the militancy-plagued North Waziristan tribal region as U.S. forces immediately sealed the main Ghulam Khan-Khost highway for traffic.

Pakistani security officials and tribal sources in Ghulam Khan area said U.S. forces had arrived there during the night between Saturday and Sunday and occupied nearby hilltops and established observation posts.

The newspaper cited sources as saying that U.S. forces had set up a huge military base across the border and shifted gunship helicopters, heavy tanks, long-range artillery guns and other heavy weapons to the border area.

NATO warplanes were also seen flying over the border region several times during the day, the villagers in Ghulam Khan said.

Tribal elders of the Gurbaz tribe inhabiting both sides of the Durand Line said U.S. forces had clamped a curfew in Tarkhobi area and asked villagers to stay at home.

They also claimed that U.S. and Afghan forces had launched house-to-house search but were clueless about any arrests made during the search operation, according to the Pakistan’s The News.

Pakistani security officials in North Waziristan confirmed the latest development and said they were monitoring the situation on the border with Afghanistan, but they gave no further explanations.

Tribesmen in North Waziristan were concerned about the arrival of U.S. forces at their doors, but they said they did not expect U.S. forces to cross the border to enter Pakistani territory.

(To see the original story: Hundreds of US troops seal NWA border)

Damn. More terrorist attack and smuggling expected now.
Pakistan should deploy extra troops too. I just hope we haven't sent back the extra forces that were for the war scare.

huuuuuuu well usa can win without cleaning Pakistan

yes it was usa used pakistan against UUSR , so its usa responsibility to clean the dirt

Damn. More terrorist attack and smuggling expected now.
Pakistan should deploy extra troops too. I just hope we haven't sent back the extra forces that were for the war scare.

what will be pakistan reaction if usa or nato force will enter in pak area

as per my info very soon they will start there operation inside pakistan

huuuuuuu well usa can win without cleaning Pakistan

yes it was usa used pakistan against UUSR , so its usa responsibility to clean the dirt
Yes let them clean their own dirt.
but we gotta see if realli they are going to clean it or messing it up more over there.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom