What's new

US consulate targeted in Chennai over anti-Prophet Muhammad film

its happen because since last three days indians here bashing on pakistan .always whos next pakistan >then war>nukes>us AC bla bla bla.in fact aag un ke apny gher main lagi pari thi :rofl:

i think pakistanis r more tolerant to anti-muslim movies made by some jerk! good development.

@chennai, muslim thambis r all worked up. they using b&w flag instead of color one!

I agree. I am pleasantly surprised by the likes of hafiz Saeed and his ilk quiet.

Maybe the establishment in Pakistan is actually smartening up and clamping down behind the scenes.

Who knows.

A smart enemy is always more dangerous.

But in the case of Pakistan, a smart Pakistan will realize where it needs to go, what it needs to do.

US Consulate in Chennai shuts down visa section for 2 days

chennaiusconsulate.jpg

Chennai: Tamil Nadu activists during a protest against the controversial film deemed offensive to Islam, near the US Consulate in Chennai (PTI Photo/R Senthil Kumar)
The ongoing protests over the controversial film have forced the US Consulate in Chennai to close its visa section for two days starting on Monday.

“The visa section will be closed for appointments on Monday and Tuesday. Persons with appointments are being notified for rescheduling dates. Emergency services will be offered to American citizens,” an advisory posted on the Consulate’s official website said.

The decision to close the visa section came as the anti-US protests in front of the consulate continued for the third day on Monday with another Muslim outfit planning to hold a demonstration on Tuesday.

A spokesperson of the Consulate said the decision to close down the visa section for two days was taken on Sunday and all applicants already given appointment had been informed about the rescheduling.

“In no way will they be inconvenienced,” he said adding around 1,000 visa applicants visited the Consulate every day.

Earlier, the Consulate had issued a travel advisory, asking US nationals to exercise caution while moving around the city, in the face of protests.

On Friday last, Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam activists picketed the consulate and pelted stones damaging some window panes, prompting city police to further beef up security at the heavily-guarded installation located on the arterial Anna Salai.

Another Muslim outfit staged a protest on Saturday while Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi activists held a demonstration in front of the consulate today protesting the American film, ‘Innocence of Muslims,’ which allegedly contained offensive content.

=======================================================

I'm worried that usa gonna segregate Muslim visa seekers from others or they will be scrutinized with more vigour.

The best way is ban this party - Tamilnadu Muslim munnetra kazhagam which is nothing but a terrorist front. But being part of the TN ruling party coalition will not happen.

From Wikipedia -

The TMMK is believed to be controlled by former Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) cadres, who have been implicated in many terrorist acts.[11]

The TMMK urged the Union government (the government of India) to lift the ban on SIMI in 2005.[12] University of Haifa political scientist David Bukay lists the TMMK as a "fundamentalist and subversive group."[13]

Activists of the TMMK and the Islamist al-Umma have been known to express communalist sentiments against Hindus in riots and protests. They are regarded as part of a covert network of Islamic Fundamentalist political outfits established in the region.[14][15]
After the 1998 Coimbatore bombings and the communal violence that ensued from it, members of the TMMK were arrested following the banning of the related Jihadist group al-Umma (listed in Extremist Groups) who were directly behind the blasts. Leaders of the Jihad Committee and the TMMK were arrested in a State-wide crackdown. Among those arrested were the TMMK president M.H. Jawahirulla and treasurer S.M. Bakkar. Over the next few days, many activists of the TMMK were arrested at Keezhakkarai, Devakottai, Dindigul, Nagapattinam, Thanjavur, Nagercoil, Melapalayam and Udumalpet as a precautionary measure.[11][16]

The best way is ban this party - Tamilnadu Muslim munnetra kazhagam which is nothing but a terrorist front. But being part of the TN ruling party coalition will not happen.

From Wikipedia -

The TMMK is believed to be controlled by former Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) cadres, who have been implicated in many terrorist acts.[11]

The TMMK urged the Union government (the government of India) to lift the ban on SIMI in 2005.[12] University of Haifa political scientist David Bukay lists the TMMK as a "fundamentalist and subversive group."[13]

Activists of the TMMK and the Islamist al-Umma have been known to express communalist sentiments against Hindus in riots and protests. They are regarded as part of a covert network of Islamic Fundamentalist political outfits established in the region.[14][15]
After the 1998 Coimbatore bombings and the communal violence that ensued from it, members of the TMMK were arrested following the banning of the related Jihadist group al-Umma (listed in Extremist Groups) who were directly behind the blasts. Leaders of the Jihad Committee and the TMMK were arrested in a State-wide crackdown. Among those arrested were the TMMK president M.H. Jawahirulla and treasurer S.M. Bakkar. Over the next few days, many activists of the TMMK were arrested at Keezhakkarai, Devakottai, Dindigul, Nagapattinam, Thanjavur, Nagercoil, Melapalayam and Udumalpet as a precautionary measure.[11][16]
TMMK is jaya's coilation partner.whatever its doing in chennai with jaya pretending to look other way.Infact i think jaya is giving them nudge and wink to do this.

TMMK is jaya's coilation partner.whatever its doing in chennai with jaya pretending to look other way.Infact i think jaya is giving them nudge and wink to do this.

Not sure what is Jaya's agenda here. A call from her to TMMK would have calmed things. As you mentioned before, it will affect only innocent muslims who are seeking visa. I remember a colleague of mine with my previous company(a fortune 100 company) who went for visa restamping, had to wait for a month as they ran further background check and subsequently lost his job as he exceeded the personal days he can take in a year.

Not sure what is Jaya's agenda here. A call from her to TMMK would have calmed things. As you mentioned before, it will affect only innocent muslims who are seeking visa. I remember a colleague of mine with my previous company(a fortune 100 company) who went for visa restamping, had to wait for a month as they ran further background check and subsequently lost his job as he exceeded the personal days he can take in a year.
I'm not sure if usa does segregation of muslim visa seekers from india but uk sure does it after kafeel ahmed's karnama.and i faced this when i was asked to apply visa from india to uk by their embassy staff in ny after my marriage.

stupid muslims of TN. what are they gaining by burning and attacking. only more hatred from their own countrymen. when muslims riot police should shoot their legs , put them in jail and charge them money for the damages and treatment if they want to be released.

stupid muslims of TN. what are they gaining by burning and attacking. only more hatred from their own countrymen. when muslims riot police should shoot their legs , put them in jail and charge them money for the damages and treatment if they want to be released.

There is nothing wrong with protests, as long as its peaceful.

I'm not sure if usa does segregation of muslim visa seekers from india but uk sure does it after kafeel ahmed's karnama.and i faced this when i was asked to apply visa from india to uk by their embassy staff in ny after my marriage.

yes it does. i have some muslim friends whose US visa gets deliberately delayed and many times rejected. And this is for guys who are working in the top 5 IT firms of India to go on business trip or for H1.
Definitely US tties to weed out the muslims I feel.

There is nothing wrong with protests, as long as its peaceful.

the moment they start breaking things like in ambedkar garden in UP or in mumbai or now in chennai. what kind of people are these. just send them to pakistan which is their designated homeland.

yes it does. i have some muslim friends whose US visa gets deliberately delayed and many times rejected. And this is for guys who are working in the top 5 IT firms of India to go on business trip or for H1.
Definitely US tties to weed out the muslims I feel.
I'm not aware of that coz i never faced problem with usa visa.But UK embassy staff at delhi did ask lot of questions.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom