What's new

Featured US Congress passes Malala Yousafzai Scholarship Act for Pakistani women

US Congress passes Malala Yousafzai Scholarship Act for Pakistani women

The bill expands number of scholarships to women in Pakistan under a merit and needs-based programme

APP January 04, 2021

pakistani nobel laureate malala yousafzai

Pakistani Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai.
NEW YORK:
The US Congress has passed a bill named after Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai that expands the number of scholarships to women in Pakistan under a merit and needs-based programme, according to the information posted on the congressional website.
The ‘Malala Yousafzai Scholarship Act’ was passed by the House of Representatives in March 2020, and the US Senate adopted it by a voice vote on January 1, 2021.
It has now been sent to the White House for US President Donald Trump to sign it into law.
The bill requires the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to award at least 50 per cent of scholarships under a Pakistan-based higher education scholarship programme to Pakistani women, from 2020 to 2022, across a range of academic disciplines and in accordance with existing eligibility criteria.
The USAID is also required to consult with and leverage investments by the Pakistani private sector and Pakistani diaspora in the United States to improve and expand access to education programmes in Pakistan as per the norms of the bill.
The agency has to brief the Congress annually on the number of scholarships awarded under the programme, including breakdowns by gender, discipline, and degree type.
The percentage of recipients who were involuntarily pushed out of the programme for failure to meet programme requirements; and the percentage of recipients who dropped out of school, including due to retaliation for seeking education will also be calculated.
Since 2010, the USAID has awarded more than 6,000 scholarships for young women to receive higher education in Pakistan. The bill expands this programme.

The scholarship discipline will be as follows:

Human evolution
Modern social structure
Arts and fashion
Humanities
Cultural harmoney
Primary education
Woman leadership
Modern music

Subahanallah. We badly need theses technologies. The product of these scholarships will be people like Meher Bukhari, Ali Saleem, Shaista Lodhi.

1.3 Billion indians and not even single one could get a Nobel while living in India? Pffft. so much for academic excellence.
The economics guy is a Indian citizen.

And you mean as compared to 1.8 b muslims, with one ahmedia and 2 American citizens ?

The economics guy is a Indian citizen.

And you mean as compared to 1.8 b muslims, with one ahmedia and 2 American citizens ?
So you agree that we are in the same boat.
I hope you will keep this fact in mind before bragging about academic excellence next time.

How many Indians have won Nobel prize in science since the birth of India in 1947?
All 5 graduated from Indian universities and went for higher studies to the US/uk.
One was a Indian citizen at time of noble prize
We have two Nobel prize winners too.

The first Nobel prize winner from a Muslim country- Dr Abdus Salam

And the world's youngest Nobel prize winner- Malala Yousafzai

Sad part is we don't value either of them. Those of us who want to are called self loathing western wannabes. What a pathetic state of affairs.

I hope you will keep this fact in mind before bragging about academic excellence next time.
Hiding behind the achievments of others is kinda low. How many nobel prize winners do we have amongst the Indian posters? No one? Please come back when you have one!

Sad part is we don't value either of them. Those of us who want to are called self loathing western wannabes. What a pathetic state of affairs.
I was the best A-Level student at my school a few years back and the headmaster gave me a price for that. Where was Nawaz Sharif? He didn't even send a congratulation letter :-(. Unfair, when whities give prices, Pakistanis must celebrate!

Our society has values, being a Qaddy or promoting communism are not part of our values. Germans also don't celebrate those brainy scholars who helped the Americans building fancy rockets.

We have two Nobel prize winners too.

The first Nobel prize winner from a Muslim country- Dr Abdus Salam

And the world's youngest Nobel prize winner- Malala Yousafzai

What a childish comment. Grow up beyond silly optics. It's the science that matters not the person. Abdul Salam may have been a good scientist but he was a terrible person. He preferred religion over his country.

Human evolution
Modern social structure
Arts and fashion
Humanities
Cultural harmoney
Primary education
Woman leadership
Modern music

Subahanallah. We badly need theses technologies. The product of these scholarships will be people like Meher Bukhari, Ali Saleem, Shaista Lodhi.

GOP needs to blacklist this American non sense and tell the yanks to either change the subjects to Science and tech, medicine, economy and marketing, fields which actually build and contribute towards the nation, otherwise tell them to just F off.

This is just a American deep state BS, to create more libturds and their clones among Pakistani society.

Stay away from this non sense.

Hiding behind the achievments of others is kinda low. How many nobel prize winners do we have amongst the Indian posters? No one? Please come back when you have one!

I was the best A-Level student at my school a few years back and the headmaster gave me a price for that. Where was Nawaz Sharif? He didn't even send a congratulation letter :-(. Unfair, when whities give prices, Pakistanis must celebrate!

Our society has values, being a Qaddy or promoting communism are not part of our values. Germans also don't celebrate those brainy scholars who helped the Americans building fancy rockets.
I remember reading in a book that abdul Salam and one other scientist almost stripped us naked off our nuke program with the help of Americans.

Human evolution
Modern social structure
Arts and fashion
Humanities
Cultural harmoney
Primary education
Woman leadership
Modern music

If Americans actually cared about Pakistani women they would have given them scholarships in stem.
Lekin it doesn't even matter. Goron ne haddi phenk di ha ab nasli darbari 7 naslo Tak usse chattay rehnge.

What a childish comment. Grow up beyond silly optics. It's the science that matters not the person. Abdul Salam may have been a good scientist but he was a terrible person. He preferred religion over his country.
What the fck is wrong with you?

He preferred to keep his Pakistani citizenship JUST so Pakistan could have a Nobel Prize winner to its name. Meanwhile mullahs in Pakistan were asking to revoke his citizenship. Pakistan didn't even acknowledge his win till 1998 and his gravestone was defaced multiple times.

How many bucks you yourself are a Jihadi living abroad? Where is your love for your country you hypocrite?
I remember reading in a book that abdul Salam and one other scientist almost stripped us naked off our nuke program with the help of Americans.
That's the problem with Pakistan. A banana republic where every Nazim Hijazi and Orya Maqbool Jan can make up bs facts and idiots will believe them.

Please read about Dr Abdus Salam. He was one of the most patriotic Pakistanis. He never once vilifed Pakistan even though he faced a lot of abuse here.

Had he not been the founder, Mullahs would have made up similar stories about Jinnah. They already did before partition.

Last edited:
My last reply as comparisons are odious .
India has 5 Nobel laureates with graduation from India , in the sciences. 1 retained his Indian citizenship.
The peace prize is political, so i dont mention the peace prize Indian winners.
The Islamic world with its mix of very rich and not so rich countries has a total of 3 prizes , with 2 American turks and 1 ahmedia.

Last edited:
Pakistan didn't even acknowledge his win till 1998
WTF are you barking about. He was awarded Sitara e Pakistan in 1959 and Nishane Imtiaz in 1980 by President Zia-ul-Hq. He also served as scientific advisor to a ministry for more than a decade.
So I don't know what kind of recognition you're talking about.
How many bucks you yourself are a Jihadi living abroad
Oh so now I'm jihadi because I have a different worldview. How very liberally tolerant of you.
You can shove those bucks up where sun doesn't shine because I have always lived in Pakistan, just like my ancestors before me.

Meanwhile mullahs in Pakistan were asking to revoke his citizenship. Pakistan didn't even acknowledge his win till 1998 and his gravestone was defaced multiple times.
None of that would have happened had he honored parliament's decision to accept his role in society as a minority scientist.

Where is your love for your country you hypocrite?
I'm not answerable to you.

WTF are you barking about. He was awarded Sitara e Pakistan in 1959 and Nishane Imtiaz in 1980 by President Zia-ul-Hq. He also served as scientific advisor to a ministry for more than a decade.
So I don't know what kind of recognition you're talking about.

Oh so now I'm jihadi because I have a different worldview. How very liberally tolerant of you.
You can shove those bucks up where sun doesn't shine because I have always lived in Pakistan, just like my ancestors before me.

None of that would have happened had he honored parliament's decision to accept his role in society as a minority scientist.

I'm not answerable to you.
Sou baat ki ek baat. Chomu yeh bata tu Pakistan mein rehta hai ya bahar bhaag gaya.

Most of you fundos who have an anal itching with Abdus Salam and Malala for n0t sTayInG iN pAkisTaN are bhagoras from Pakistan themselves.

Hypocrites of the highest order. Ab bakwaas band kar bhagoray.

My last reply as comparisons are odious .
India has 5 Nobel laureates with graduation from India , in the sciences. 1 retained his Indian citizenship.
The peace prize is political, so i dont mention the peace prize Indian winners.
The Islamic world with its mix of very rich and not so rich countries
One can't help but wonder why 4 out of 5 Nobel laureates had to leave india to persue successful career. Maybe just maybe indian academic excellence is not as real as you like to believe.
Sou baat ki ek baat. Chomu yeh bata tu Pakistan mein rehta hai ya bahar bhaag gaya.

Most of you fundos who have an anal itching with Abdus Salam and Malala for n0t sTayInG iN pAkisTaN are bhagoras from Pakistan themselves.

Hypocrites of the highest order. Ab bakwaas band kar bhagoray.
Abay khotay ki olad Mobile screen landscape mode mn kr k mere flags dekh.

Back
Top Bottom