What's new

Featured US Congress passes Malala Yousafzai Scholarship Act for Pakistani women

oh my dear DEAR brother...this is america...strings are ALWAYS attached!!!
So be classy, put your money where your mouth is and refuse to take it. Bhik mangi bhi karni hai, US visa bhi chahiye magar IllUmInAtI saajish ke r*ndi ronay bhi karne hain.

academic excellence unlike India
737 MAX
Nobel prize
Likes of Henry Kissinger, Aun San Suu Kyi have received Nobel prize.

How peace prize began: A farce

" Perhaps it’s only to be expected that the Nobel peace prize has descended into farce. It was, after all, born out of a mistake. As the story goes, in 1888 a French newspaper erroneously wrote that Alfred Nobel, inventor of dynamite, had died. The paper marked the event of Alfred’s non-death with a bit of quality French snark: “Dr Alfred Nobel, who became rich by finding ways to kill more people faster than ever before, died yesterday.” Nobel was mortified that he was going to be remembered as a “merchant of death” and so set up the Nobel prize. It was a calculated rebranding effort; an exercise in PR."
source: The Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/comment...o-of-hawks-hawks-hypocrites-and-war-criminals)

Last edited:
More Gullalais in the making

US Congress passes Malala Yousafzai Scholarship Act for Pakistani women

The bill expands number of scholarships to women in Pakistan under a merit and needs-based programme

APP January 04, 2021

pakistani nobel laureate malala yousafzai

Pakistani Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai.
NEW YORK:
The US Congress has passed a bill named after Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai that expands the number of scholarships to women in Pakistan under a merit and needs-based programme, according to the information posted on the congressional website.
The ‘Malala Yousafzai Scholarship Act’ was passed by the House of Representatives in March 2020, and the US Senate adopted it by a voice vote on January 1, 2021.
It has now been sent to the White House for US President Donald Trump to sign it into law.
The bill requires the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to award at least 50 per cent of scholarships under a Pakistan-based higher education scholarship programme to Pakistani women, from 2020 to 2022, across a range of academic disciplines and in accordance with existing eligibility criteria.
The USAID is also required to consult with and leverage investments by the Pakistani private sector and Pakistani diaspora in the United States to improve and expand access to education programmes in Pakistan as per the norms of the bill.
The agency has to brief the Congress annually on the number of scholarships awarded under the programme, including breakdowns by gender, discipline, and degree type.
The percentage of recipients who were involuntarily pushed out of the programme for failure to meet programme requirements; and the percentage of recipients who dropped out of school, including due to retaliation for seeking education will also be calculated.
Since 2010, the USAID has awarded more than 6,000 scholarships for young women to receive higher education in Pakistan. The bill expands this programme.

So be classy, put your money where your mouth is and refuse to take it. Bhik mangi bhi karni hai, US visa bhi chahiye magar IllUmInAtI saajish ke r*ndi ronay bhi karne hain.
Maybe all "save the children" NGOs really were helping the people. Or you live under a rock. Instead of US scholarship. Learn some European language like German and go to free University there.

Maybe all "save the children" NGOs really were helping the people. Or you live under a rock. Instead of US scholarship. Learn some European language like German and go to free University there.
Or maybe stop being a fence hopper and stay in Pakistan. Make it better.

Gaali west ko deni hai magar jaana west hi hai.

Or maybe stop being a fence hopper and stay in Pakistan. Make it better.

Gaali west ko deni hai magar jaana west hi hai.
Well I did not do it by choice. Tbh kinda feel trapped here. I would not even know how to start again in Pakistan since that would require tagri party at almost every turn. I've gotten used to everything being done without sifarish and bribes :(

Well I did not do it by choice. Tbh kinda feel trapped here. I would not even know how to start again in Pakistan since that would require tagri party at almost every turn. I've gotten used to everything being done without sifarish and bribes :(

I graduated ages ago so don't need that scholarship.:P

I want to praise you for your intellect and wisdom but the words I want to use are too hard for the moderators to swallow
That guy is textbook example of Aql-e-kul syndrome which is quite common among self loathing section of Pakistanis.
They believe the world is lala land and bad things never happen.
Pakistan is not known for its academic excellence
Very few people from the Muslim world to have won Nobel prize in science subjects
How many Indians have won Nobel prize in science since the birth of India in 1947?

oh my dear DEAR brother...this is america...strings are ALWAYS attached!!!
Absolutely correct. They'll be making us sing the star spangled banner and declare gender neutrality just to access these funds. Let's wait and see.

Absolutely correct. They'll be making us sing the star spangled banner and declare gender neutrality just to access these funds. Let's wait and see.
When has that happened?

Much was made out of Malala. The girl was just speaking for women's education.

I have no soft spot for America but you guys really need to get out of this conspiracy theory mindframe. Pakistan is a sh*thole and no one is out to get us. Our leaders make much of our gEoPolItiCaL position but we're quite insignificant internationally.

Dumb conspiracy theories don't do much to help

That guy is textbook example of Aql-e-kul syndrome which is quite common among self loathing section of Pakistanis.
They believe the world is lala land and bad things never happen.

How many Indians have won Nobel prize in science since the birth of India in 1947?
4 in sciences and 1 in economics.
All 5 graduated from Indian universities and went for higher studies to the US/uk.
One was a Indian citizen at time of noble prize.

US Congress passes Malala Yousafzai Scholarship Act for Pakistani women

The bill expands number of scholarships to women in Pakistan under a merit and needs-based programme

APP January 04, 2021

pakistani nobel laureate malala yousafzai

Pakistani Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai.
NEW YORK:
The US Congress has passed a bill named after Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai that expands the number of scholarships to women in Pakistan under a merit and needs-based programme, according to the information posted on the congressional website.
The ‘Malala Yousafzai Scholarship Act’ was passed by the House of Representatives in March 2020, and the US Senate adopted it by a voice vote on January 1, 2021.
It has now been sent to the White House for US President Donald Trump to sign it into law.
The bill requires the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to award at least 50 per cent of scholarships under a Pakistan-based higher education scholarship programme to Pakistani women, from 2020 to 2022, across a range of academic disciplines and in accordance with existing eligibility criteria.
The USAID is also required to consult with and leverage investments by the Pakistani private sector and Pakistani diaspora in the United States to improve and expand access to education programmes in Pakistan as per the norms of the bill.
The agency has to brief the Congress annually on the number of scholarships awarded under the programme, including breakdowns by gender, discipline, and degree type.
The percentage of recipients who were involuntarily pushed out of the programme for failure to meet programme requirements; and the percentage of recipients who dropped out of school, including due to retaliation for seeking education will also be calculated.
Since 2010, the USAID has awarded more than 6,000 scholarships for young women to receive higher education in Pakistan. The bill expands this programme.

Malala is a new stratigcal trap for Pakistan...

Back
Top Bottom