What's new

US Approves Possible Sale Of F-16 Equipment To Pakistan: Pentagon

Hi,.

The americans believe that if you are in pain during a relationship with them---then speak up and speak up loud.

Rectify the situation then---but don't cry afterwards---.

Not getting the BENEFITS is purely the fault of the Pakistani Public, its Intellectuals, its politicians but not the military.

Pak military knew its weakness---understood its shortcoming and agreed to the demands.

It was then upto the public, intellectuals, politicians to take the lead and empty the US pockets out.

The Afghans did that right in front of you---. Got over a trillion dollars in their pockets then ran out of the country---.

The time it took the paqkistanis to acknowledge that the terrorists are terrorists and not their Islamic Bhai---things had gone from bad to worse to worst---.

at the end of the day---the pakistani public failed their nation.

Where they stand today---it is their own doing---.

You have an interesting take on the public failing the nation. Are you talking about public institutions failing the nation? Because otherwise, public = nation. I see you hold the public responsible for the chaos, but an alternate and well-grounded opinion suggests it's the army.

But, regardless of who is to blame, do we all agree that the current recipe for the relationship with the United States is doomed to fail? If Imran Khan regains power, he will not only continue to do what he was doing before, which enraged Americans, but he will also withdraw military assistance from Afghanistan, which the establishment offered in exchange for some military peanuts.

The Pendulum Effect states that when you push something out too far without infrastructure to keep it there, it always swings back in the opposite direction, causing more damage than it could have done originally. The aftereffect is worse than the original harm. I see a pendulum effect developing in Pakistan's relationship with America, and the Pakistan Army better be prepared with a backup plan. A change in Pakistan's political and military regimes will have a pendulum effect that will be "corrective" from Pakistan's perspective, but Americans will see it as "punitive" and react aggressively.

I keep mentioning how the people in charge of this state lack this ability. Whoever they are, they have turned this state into a garbage dump. No? To govern and control nations, you need all of the tools in your toolbox, and power is just one of many. In the nineteenth century, power used to flow through the barrels of guns, but now it's the narratives that control nations, and our establishment does not understand how this organism works. I sincerely hope that some bright minds within the institutions notice this and are working towards it.

Zarvan mulla use to say one day PAF is going to have J10C & SU35 then why they are buying parts for aaeeff solahh from yamrika ;) :D
Didn't take long for you to adopt yet another ID just to be on PDF. Not surprised.
Anyways, Delhi drama queens use to argue, Asian Raptor is an overkill of Pakistan and Mig-29 is enough to take care of PAF.
Guess what, when the test came, the surviving SU-30 Makhi was shouting Bingo and went crying to its Abu America with an AMRAAM sticking out of its backside and the Fulcrum was farting inside its hangar.

salaam jammer bhiyye :D
waise for your information we are in process of upgrding full fleet of su30 to super sukhoi level with UTTAM AESA GaN based FCR & self protection Jammers and other avionicks and indin made air to air and air to ground missiles while already many new technologies are bieng cracked for new version of kavery engine for sukhois aswell same goes for Mig 29s and already three new versions of Tejas are under works so dont worry about waise scotland me sabb bariaa hai na ;)
Ji namaskar Guru Bhai.
Yaar thora style change karo, wohi purana rata wala style.
Scotland mein tu hamesha majedar hey.
Mein tu aajkal apna desh mein mast houn.

IMG_20220923_183834.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220921_203247.jpg
    IMG_20220921_203247.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 40
salaam jammer bhiyye :D
waise for your information we are in process of upgrding full fleet of su30 to super sukhoi level with UTTAM AESA GaN based FCR & self protection Jammers and other avionicks and indin made air to air and air to ground missiles while already many new technologies are bieng cracked for new version of kavery engine for sukhois aswell same goes for Mig 29s and already three new versions of Tejas are under works so dont worry about waise scotland me sabb bariaa hai na ;)

No contract for this has been signed. Juts like the Rafale follow on order has been "imminent" for the last 2 years. Best wait till things are confirmed,

You have an interesting take on the public failing the nation. Are you talking about public institutions failing the nation? Because otherwise, public = nation. I see you hold the public responsible for the chaos, but an alternate and well-grounded opinion suggests it's the army.

But, regardless of who is to blame, do we all agree that the current recipe for the relationship with the United States is doomed to fail? If Imran Khan regains power, he will not only continue to do what he was doing before, which enraged Americans, but he will also withdraw military assistance from Afghanistan, which the establishment offered in exchange for some military peanuts.

The Pendulum Effect states that when you push something out too far without infrastructure to keep it there, it always swings back in the opposite direction, causing more damage than it could have done originally. The aftereffect is worse than the original harm. I see a pendulum effect developing in Pakistan's relationship with America, and the Pakistan Army better be prepared with a backup plan. A change in Pakistan's political and military regimes will have a pendulum effect that will be "corrective" from Pakistan's perspective, but Americans will see it as "punitive" and react aggressively.

I keep mentioning how the people in charge of this state lack this ability. Whoever they are, they have turned this state into a garbage dump. No? To govern and control nations, you need all of the tools in your toolbox, and power is just one of many. In the nineteenth century, power used to flow through the barrels of guns, but now it's the narratives that control nations, and our establishment does not understand how this organism works. I sincerely hope that some bright minds within the institutions notice this and are working towards it.
Hi,

I have yet to come across a pakistani who does not claim that he cannot count the feathers on the wings of a sparrow flying over his head---and yet they all failed when the 9/11 crisis happened.

Alternate and well grounded opinions are worthless ---. They are excuses made by the incompetent to hide their incompetence.

Hi,

I have yet to come across a pakistani who does not claim that he cannot count the feathers on the wings of a sparrow flying over his head---and yet they all failed when the 9/11 crisis happened.

Alternate and well grounded opinions are worthless ---. They are excuses made by the incompetent to hide their incompetence.

You are a senior member. I respect your take on reality.

There are a few things we describe as "accidents," and others as "accidents in making." 9/11 was an accident, no one saw it coming, but the economic collapse of Pakistan is an accident in the making, and most people can see it. Likewise, our relationship with the USA is an accident in the making, although it is not as evident as the destabilising economy.

Although at a different level, I really hope I am wrong. I love my country and want to see it prosper. It needs good relationships with all countries in the world, including the USA.

There are a few things we describe as "accidents," and others as "accidents in making." 9/11 was an accident, no one saw it coming, but the economic collapse of Pakistan is an accident in the making, and most people can see it. Likewise, our relationship with the USA is an accident in the making, although it is not as evident as the destabilising economy.

Although at a different level, I really hope I am wrong. I love my country and want to see it prosper. It needs good relationships with all countries in the world, including the USA.

9/11 was an intentional act, so it was an incident, not an accident.

Hi,

The american intel saw it coming---the israelis knew it is was happening---it was not an accident.

Pakistan's economic collapse is not an accident---and I am surprised yo0u would say that---.

The planners have looted and plundered it under a plan and you calling it an accident---interesting.

F-16 programme will help Pakistan meet counter-terrorism threats, says US​

Ned Price says it is an important part of a broader US-Pakistan bilateral relationship

APPSeptember 14, 2022

us state department spokesperson ned price photo reuters file

US State Department Spokesperson Ned Price. PHOTO: REUTERS/FILE

WASHINGTON:
The US state department spokesperson on Tuesday said that the US’ proposed $450-million sale for Pakistan to refurbish its F-16 fighters fleet would sustain the country’s capability to meet current and future counterterrorism threats.
During a weekly press briefing, state department's spokesperson Ned Price said: “This is a fleet that allows Pakistan to support counterterrorism operations, and we expect Pakistan will take sustained action against all terrorist groups.”
Price was responding to a question from a correspondent of a private TV channel and added that the US "did recently notify Congress of a proposed foreign military sale valued at USD 450 million for maintenance and sustainment services for the Pakistani Air Force’s F-16 programme”.
Read US okays sale of F-16 equipment to Pakistan
He maintained that “Pakistan is an important partner in a number of regards, an important counterterrorism partner. And as part of our longstanding policy, we provide lifecycle maintenance and sustainment packages for US-origin platforms.”
The spokesperson furthered that the country is an important part of a broader US-Pakistan bilateral relationship and the proposed sale will sustain Islamabad’s capability to meet current and future counterterrorism threats by maintaining the F-16 fleet.

Yes. Pakistan will use F-16s to fight the terrorists (Re: Indian Military) :D

Hi,

The american intel saw it coming---the israelis knew it is was happening---it was not an accident.

Pakistan's economic collapse is not an accident---and I am surprised yo0u would say that---.

The planners have looted and plundered it under a plan and you calling it an accident---interesting.

Sir, I called the economic collapse of Pakistan "an accident in making", which is different from "an accident"—a sudden incident that we cannot see coming. Likewise, I describe Pakistan's relationship with America as another accident in the making. I understand you disagree with my analysis of that, and I am cool with it.

I do not intend to express my opinion at the cost of yours. There is no benefit to such an activity. I value the difference in perspective as it only helps me see what I may be unable to see on my own. Infect I am grateful that you shared your views, and I acknowledge they are quite different from how I analyse the Pakistan-USA relationship.

On looters harming Pakistan and people who bend the laws to guard them, let's keep it for later. I'm sure you'll have a lot of interesting points to share.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom