What's new

Urdu was enforced on us, says Rabbani

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
March 20, 2017 By: Samaa Web Desk Published in Pakistan Be the first to comment!

ISLAMABAD: Chairman Senate Raza Rabbani has said it seems as if Urdu language was forced on us, Samaa reported.

He made the statement while talking to media.

Rabbani stated that the first point of order was raised when Bengali was named national language.

He added that former senator Nisar Memon was labeled a traitor when he called for Sindhi language education.

The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader stated that Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo was not allowed to learn Balochi.

The Senate chief stated that Pashto and Punjabi was not allowed to flourish.
https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2017/03/urdu-was-enforced-on-us-says-rabbani/
@django @haviZsultan @The Eagle @RealNapster @PaklovesTurkiye @The Sandman
Ham aik dosrey sey bat kiya afriki mein karein?
He is just a troll who has deep hatred for army and our national symbols he just made a monument for democracy just so that parliament gets something similar to yadgare shuhada he is most vocal opponent of military courts

March 20, 2017 By: Samaa Web Desk Published in Pakistan Be the first to comment!

ISLAMABAD: Chairman Senate Raza Rabbani has said it seems as if Urdu language was forced on us, Samaa reported.

Rabbani stated that the first point of order was raised when Bengali was named national language.

He added that former senator Nisar Memon was labeled a traitor when he called for Sindhi language education.

The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader stated that Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo was not allowed to learn Balochi.

He is just a troll who has deep hatred for army and our national symbols he just made a monument for democracy just so that parliament gets something similar to yadgare shuhada he is most vocal opponent of military courts

As a urdu speaking Karachiite...I have no problem with regional languages...They should be promoted along with their cultural heritage...Still, no one can beat Urdu when it comes to biding nation in one unit...Mr. Jinnah wanted Urdu language, so he is accusing Mr. Jinnah, basically?

As a urdu speaking Karachiite...I have no problem with regional languages...They should be promoted along with their cultural heritage...Still, no one can beat Urdu when it comes to biding nation in one unit...Mr. Jinnah wanted Urdu language, so he is accusing Mr. Jinnah, basically?
His issues are deeper he is a closet jsqm type ethno nationalist i too want regional languages preserved i made a thread few weeks ago how dozens of languages in Pakistan face extinction but that doesmpt mean we dump our national language we have to make additional regional language optional at district level so languages dont go extinct

Hardly 6% people can speak Urdu in Pakistan at initial stages Vs 40% Hindi in India.

Actually Punjabi in Pak deserve national language.

UP Gundas imposed their language on poor pakistanis. There is a small meaning if Arabic or Persian enforced in Pak but Urdu!! :rofl:
Tumsey kisney pocha ?

I think it is discussion forum!!

Hardly 6% people can speak Urdu in Pakistan at initial stages
Most schools have Urdu as medium of instruction your statement is based on what fact?

Is Raza muhajir? He says his mother tongue is urdu but needed to write book in English because he can't express himself in urdu. How? Muhajirs people urdu is pretty good, I've noticed they hardly use english words compared to others when speaking urdu.

Being Punjabi, my Urdu is not really good. However I like Urdu and believe it's a sound language. I'm always trying to learn as much Urdu as I can.

no local language can beat URDU. and majority of Pakistanis are comfortable with Urdu.
coming to local languages well howcome Punjabi was not allowed to flourish?? even today most of thr current affairs Urdu programs have 80% punjabi jugatbazi in forms of those paands they hire as regular feature.

Trust me. I love to speak Urdu more then my Mother Tongue Pashto.

Just another day and another Politician. :)

no local language can beat URDU. and majority of Pakistanis are comfortable with Urdu.
coming to local languages well howcome Punjabi was not allowed to flourish?? even today most of thr current affairs Urdu programs have 80% punjabi jugatbazi in forms of those paands they hire as regular feature.
Why should people hold pride over languages? They are just forms of expression. There is no perfect language, but no language is inferior. The more languages you know the better. That is my view regarding this.

Trust me. I love to speak Urdu more then my Mother Tongue Pashto.

Just another day and another Politician. :)

Jera mazaa zaban da na pind da na sheir da.

Hardly 6% people could speak Urdu in Pakistan at initial stages....means in 1940 and 50's only 6% Mohajirs known Urdu not Punjabis,Sindhis,Balochis and Pakthuns.

It doesn't matter how many could speak Urdu initially in 40's or 50's. The thing which matter's is that in 2017, more then 60% of our Population is fluent in Urdu and more then 90% can Understand it. even those who never went to school's Understand Urdu.

Jera mazaa zaban da na pind da na sheir da.

Kedhi zaban veray ? I only understand "Insaniyat ki zaban" :partay:

indeed and our national languages r dying out ... we must give national status to all the national languages and should be taught and promoted in schools from primary level

So you are very happy with 6% Mohajir-Urdu elite impose/enforce their language on 94% people and they are almost succeeded now. OK Peace :enjoy:

:rofl:

Simple. Our Nation's Father wanted Urdu to be our National Language. So it is. You have problem with that ? None of our concern.

Being a Pathan i am more then Happy with Urdu. it's my Choice, not Your's. No one Imposed Urdu on me, I selected Urdu as medium for my education as well as communication.

I can not Speak Pashto with a Balochi, neither a Punjabi or Sindhi. for this we have to learn their language. So as per Your logic, every Pakistani should leave Urdu and Learn 5 different major Languages to communicate with their countrymen. Or Adopt English . right ? You are Insane.

Yr dafa kro he's a politician next year elections hain saare dramebaazian lgayein ge ab

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom