What's new

Urdu was enforced on us, says Rabbani

read urdu hindi controversy Urdu is symbol of Sub continent Muslims

Yeah, that makes no sense. And btw why only those of the sub-continent, does this mean Pashtuns, Balochs, Brahuis, Dards don't need to speak it or something?

Well that's because the indians are stealing our Urdu day by day and calling it hindu... I dare you to find me a bollywood or zee news video that doesn't use a pure Urdu word like mukhtalif, mulk, haqomat, fauj, jawan, mohabbat, taqreer, zameen, humla, tareeq, yakum, khiyal, farq...
Istesna,jamhoriyat,qomi waqar,bad unwano,amriyat e.t.c :D

you are the perfect example of "Zehni Ghulam"(Mental Slave)

ye des liberal hai Ferangion ki bakiyat,kitna dil lga ke chattay hain ye Angraizon ke

read urdu hindi controversy Urdu is symbol of Sub continent Muslims

he is known anti national and Pakistan hatter
View attachment 385402
He is a a suporter of Altaf Hussain what else do youvexpect he was the only Pakistani on pdf strictly opposed to Indian content ban and had most butthurt over Khi ops

English is the global language because of global trade which makes it easier to communicate. That doesn't mean the world has given up its root, its diversity and its language.

Urdu unites Pakistan as whole. Otherwise, Pakistan would have broken down into parts motivated by regional interests. Provincial leaders during the partition were ordered by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in dreams to support Jinnah (R.A) for united Pakistan abandoning their regional interests for the long term; unified Pakistan.

Look what happened with East Pakistan. Last thing we need is another motivated regional interest that can threaten the existential of unified Pakistan and undermine the unity of Pakistan as whole. Urdu binds the community as one thus no regional language is being preferred over one to another.

Urdu is rightly picked as Allama Iqbal (R.A) said it is the most sweetest language after Arabic meaning. Anyone who has problem with Urdu is not with Pakistan since Pakistan is based on the Allama Iqbal (R.A)'s vision executed by Muhammad Ali Jinnah (R.A).

Like English for the globalization, similarity Pakistan needs Urdu for the national trade, communication, and unity.

Regional languages should be preserved and promoted within their provinces. However, Urdu should remain the national language to unite all Pakistanis.

Punjabis, Sindhis, Pasthuns, Balochis, and other ethnic groups have sacrificed a lot by learning and adopting Urdu for the good of the country, unlike the traitorous Bengalis. For this reason, Pakistan has remained united. Most people in the country can speak to each other, even if they use a different language in their province or at home.

Well i am Punjabi & i have no problem with Urdu , actually i can speak Urdu much better than Punjabi :man_in_love:.... love reading Urdu Poetry etc... :woot:

Urdu is becoming a real dominant language. As trade opens up between many distant communities, Urdu will flourish more.

And this is hurting our enemies hence snakes like this senator are voicing against it.

All our heritage is in Urdu and the enemy wants to disconnect us from it all. Urdu is such a rich language in comparison with English.

Imagine if every child started reading Allama Iqbal and took positive influence ... That's what they want to stop!

All our heritage is in Urdu and the enemy wants to disconnect us from it all. Urdu is such a rich language in comparison with English.

All of who's heritage is in Urdu? And Raza Rabbani was speaking against the imposition of Urdu at the expense of Punjabi in Punjab.

All of who's heritage is in Urdu? And Raza Rabbani was speaking against the imposition of Urdu at the expense of Punjabi in Punjab.

Rabbani is a snake.

Our founding fathers all spoke Urdu and almost all of our literature is in Urdu as well. Whatever is in Farsi is not difficult to understand if one can read Urdu too. Plus knowing Urdu makes Quranic Arabic much easier so too many pros to discard Urdu just because some snakes, Indians and Afghans say so!

Urdu is a natural choice of our national language too. Go to any corner of Pakistan (from GB to Gawadar) and one can communicate with the residents in Urdu.

Urdu is here to stay, whether anyone likes that or not.

Our founding fathers all spoke Urdu
Jinnah could not speak Urdu. He only knew Kutchi and Gujurati.
and almost all of our literature is in Urdu as well.
Which literature is this? Please give me examples. How can all our literature be in Urdu when 70 years back most of the population of the country did not even know the language?
Whatever is in Farsi is not difficult to understand if one can read Urdu too. Plus knowing Urdu makes Quranic Arabic much easier
a) How is understanding a bit of Farsi a plus point for Urdu?
b) Farsi differs very much from Urdu, especially the one used in real life (Hindustani). Hardly anyone uses that PTV Urdu irl.
c) There are few words from Quranic Arabic in Urdu, especially since Quranic Arabic itself differs somewhat from modern Arabic. And all the regional languages of Pakistan (Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi, Seraiki, Baluchi, Dardic etc.) have Farsi and Arabic loanwords in them. So that argument falls flat.
Urdu is a natural choice of our national language too. Go to any corner of Pakistan (from GB to Gawadar) and one can communicate with the residents in Urdu.

Actually there are many places in Pakistan like FATA, parts of interior Sindh etc. where people know little Urdu.

Urdu is a natural choice of our national language too.

Wrong!

Urdu was spoken in UP belt in India basically. What people in Lucknow speak or in Delhi, Bareilly, Aligarh that's very much close to Urdu. What people in Lahore speak and in Pak Punjab well even I don't get it, even the pronunciation of Urdu is very wrong. In Sindh Mirpur khas and mathelo people speak pure sindhi. That's as per natural region.

Majority of poets and novelists of Urdu in 19th century were Punjabi and Punjab has served urdu more than any other region in that era.So Urdu is not the jageer of urdu speakers even before partition it was widely spoken among muslims of all major ethiniciteis of sub-continent that made it a strong candidate for Pakistan's national language.

Plus knowing Urdu makes Quranic Arabic much easier so too many pros to discard Urdu just because some snakes, Indians and Afghans say so!

Urdu has nothing to do with Quran, I am not a Muslim but I know this very well. Yes there are some words like Asalam o Ailiqum, Inshah Allah etc are greets borrowed from Arabi. But grammar and sentence forming depends on Hindi and vocabulary on Farsi. Which has nothing to do with Arabi. Ul, al, as, bin, etc articles are NOT used in Urdu. Unless until in Noun.

-e- is used as article or jointer and verb is used same as in hindi. Past present future tenses are all Hindi

Urdu has nothing to do with Quran, I am not a Muslim but I know this very well. Yes there are some words like Asalam o Ailiqum, Inshah Allah etc are greets borrowed from Arabi. But grammar and sentence forming depends on Hindi and vocabulary on Farsi. Which has nothing to do with Arabi. Ul, al, as, bin, etc articles are NOT used in Urdu. Unless until in Noun.

-e- is used as article or jointer and verb is used same as in hindi. Past present future tenses are all Hindi

I can read and write both urdu and arabic. You can't so you are not qualified to talk on the similarities and differences even though you claim 'to know his very well'.

I can read and write both urdu and arabic. You can't so you are not qualified to talk on the similarities and differences even though you claim 'to know his very well'.

Your friend only has contradicted your statement. Urdu Grammar is same as Hindi not as Arabi.

But my point is way different. I know how Urdu is spoken very very well. But in Pakistani Punjab the pronunciation by general public is very wrong.

Jinnah could not speak Urdu. He only knew Kutchi and Gujurati.

Which literature is this? Please give me examples. How can all our literature be in Urdu when 70 years back most of the population of the country did not even know the language?

a) How is understanding a bit of Farsi a plus point for Urdu?
b) Farsi differs very much from Urdu, especially the one used in real life (Hindustani). Hardly anyone uses that PTV Urdu irl.
c) There are few words from Quranic Arabic in Urdu, especially since Quranic Arabic itself differs somewhat from modern Arabic. And all the regional languages of Pakistan (Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi, Seraiki, Baluchi, Dardic etc.) have Farsi and Arabic loanwords in them. So that argument falls flat.

Actually there are many places in Pakistan like FATA, parts of interior Sindh etc. where people know little Urdu.

You should research a little on the history of Urdu. The word Urdu itself is not from this Hindustani you speak of, how it is written (nothing like Hindi) and the use of many arabic, persian and turkish words ... again, you need to research.

Your friend only has contradicted your statement. Urdu Grammar is same as Hindi not as Arabi.

But my point is way different. I know how Urdu is spoken very very well. But in Pakistani Punjab the pronunciation by general public is very wrong.

Sikh's punjabi sounds like sandpapers on ear drums to us Pakistan based Punjabis .. so what, makes no difference to us.

Our adaptation is ours, who the heck are you to moan about it!? Our language, our way of speaking it, so none of your business :wave:

BTW, IOK's official provincial language is Urdu too :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom