What's new

Urdu was enforced on us, says Rabbani

Like I said earlier—all English words in Pakistan must be eradicated immediately.... we can solve this by google translate arabs and persian

Pakistan Census 2017-
Pashto 25%
Punjabi 40%
Sindhi 20%
Urdu 10%
Baluchi 5%
Hindu 1%
Christian 2%
Muslim 97%

Why do I have a feeling that you are a false flagger? And where are you getting this information from?

Census will only be completed in May!!

انگریزوں کا پلا بننا عربوں کا پلا بننے سے لاکھوں گنا بہتر ہے۔
Ironically, I had to use Urdu to respond to you. :hitwall:
You see why I rate this language so low.
So using Quranic khaat becomes Arabs lap dog?
No wonder you have accumulated -17 ratings

@salarsikander year some pateience please.
Aye. Bro. My apologies. Will ensure that

Its quiet funny that many Pakistani and Afghani are opposing Urdu and blaming Urdu for damanging regional languages . They are talking about replacing URDU with foreign language English as national language . Trust me you guys will moan again that your new national language English has destroyed regional languages if ever it get replaced with Urdu.. give up this personal enmity with Urdu

Secondly Urdu is easy to learn for speakers of regional languages as compare to learning English because Urdu has some resemblance with Arabic which Muslims can read easily and has some understanding of it because of Islam

Last edited:
Urdu and other regional languages are just stinking and useless heaps of garbage.

English is only language that is utterly needed. After that, learn some computer languages. :enjoy: They are way more beneficial than the crappy stuff we currently have.

Urdu and other regional languages are just stinking and useless heaps of garbage.

English is only language that is utterly needed. After that, learn some computer languages. :enjoy: They are way more beneficial than the crappy stuff we currently have.
Regional languages are part of our culture and ethnic identity while urdu is good for national identity as it bind our relationship with others ethnic groups of Pakistan. You will not become English just by giving up all local languages and adopting English..what next? Shalwar kameez is useless..our local food is rubbish..our music is shit..your skin colour is shit so let bleach your face or do plastic surgery to look like spanish, english or french lol

Urdu may help you if you migrate to a non english speaking country.In the begining ( untill you learn foreign language) You can communicate/ find job/ can do business / get help from Pakistanis, Nepalis ,Bangladeshis and Indians.

Urdu is our second language, we use it to communicate with the hundreds of different peoples of Pakistan who have different cultures, ethnicities and languages. It is a crucial barrier-breaker.

Urdu needs Persianization and Arabization... we need to get rid of English terms and phrases
What we speak is not pure Urdu. Remember, Urdu is a new language to us.

This is an example of strong Urdu, which I can hardly understand.

Urdu was enforced on us, says Rabbani
March 20, 2017 By: Samaa Web Desk Published in Pakistan Be the first to comment!

ISLAMABAD: Chairman Senate Raza Rabbani has said it seems as if Urdu language was forced on us, Samaa reported.

He made the statement while talking to media.

Rabbani stated that the first point of order was raised when Bengali was named national language.

He added that former senator Nisar Memon was labeled a traitor when he called for Sindhi language education.

The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader stated that Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo was not allowed to learn Balochi.

The Senate chief stated that Pashto and Punjabi was not allowed to flourish.
https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2017/03/urdu-was-enforced-on-us-says-rabbani/
@django @haviZsultan @The Eagle @RealNapster @PaklovesTurkiye @The Sandman
Ham aik dosrey sey bat kiya afriki mein karein?
He is just a troll who has deep hatred for army and our national symbols he just made a monument for democracy just so that parliament gets something similar to yadgare shuhada he is most vocal opponent of military courts
Raza Rabbani talks everything in senate except public welfare and security.

While, this is the Urdu we Pakistanis speak in reality...

Just to let you know I'm Memon. I don't care about Gujarati for the sake of the nation...
Most second and third generation British Pakistanis dont see a difference between Urdu and Hindi. Can you imagine explaining your language and background when it sounds the same as Hindi?
I dont know exactly how it is taught outside of Karachi and Punjab in Pakistan but unless it is taught properly I dont see why Pashtuns, Balochis, Kashmiris etc should have to speak a language from India. If you want to see Pakistani nationalism 'proper' Urdu should be encouraged rather than basically Hindi or some Punjabi hybrid. They shouldnt have to make concessions when formal Urdu has mostly the same Persian loanwords and would be easier to learn for them. It just strengthens the 'Punjabistan' narrative as well as makes the country look like just an illegitimate secession from India.

Most second and third generation British Pakistanis dont see a difference between Urdu and Hindi. Can you imagine explaining your language and background when it sounds the same as Hindi?
I dont know exactly how it is taught outside of Karachi and Punjab in Pakistan but unless it is taught properly I dont see why Pashtuns, Balochis, Kashmiris etc should have to speak a language from India. If you want to see Pakistani nationalism 'proper' Urdu should be encouraged rather than basically Hindi or some Punjabi hybrid. They shouldnt have to make concessions when formal Urdu has mostly the same Persian loanwords and would be easier to learn for them. It just strengthens the 'Punjabistan' narrative as well as makes the country look like just an illegitimate secession from India.

Dafuq? What 'Punjabi hybrid' Urdu are you talking about and what does this have to do with your supposed 'Punjabistan' while Punjabi itself is suppressed in Pakistan. Makes no sense.
And just in case you didn't know, the Kashmiris you mention of in Pakistan speak Punjabi or Pahari/Potohari/Mirpuri which is a dialect of Punjabi.

He is saying we should be taught proper pure Urdu and NOT some improper and informal "Hadi Akram" Urdu.... he wants to eliminate all Punjabi accent and influence that exists in our Urdu, just so the nation has a more sense of unity and identity, rather than excessive Punjab-centralization...

How is Urdu taught in a 'Punjabi accent' in schools outside of Punjab? This doesn't make any sense at all. Punjabi itself is suppressed and has no official recognization or is taught anywhere.
And what is pure Urdu exactly? The more Farsi and Arabic loanwords squeezed in = purer the Urdu?
I guess the Farsi spoken in Iran is the purest form of Urdu then.

Last edited:
Yes the purer the Urdu, the lesser the Indic, and more the Farsi...

Then what was the point of imposing Urdu in the first place? Farsi actually was the official language of the various states in the region of Pakistan before British conquest in the mid 19th century.

Urdu must also be gradually phased out and replaced with English. The inferior languages of the subcontinent must die. I want to see the entire subcontinent adopt English.

I wish our previous generations had embraced English during the British Raj but they stuck to their inferior and useless languages. False pride in these hollow and superficial traditions has been detrimental.
you are the perfect example of "Zehni Ghulam"(Mental Slave)

Does some give a fk of what an Afghanis thinks ? I believe not.

. You see buddy boy you have no right to suggest you ain't citizen or national of pakistan nor youre in Afghnistan

Angrez to chulaigai peeche pillay chore gai
ye des liberal hai Ferangion ki bakiyat,kitna dil lga ke chattay hain ye Angraizon ke

It would actually help in promoting our own identity by making all the regional languages (Punjabi, Pashto, Seraiki, Sindhi, Baluchi etc.) official languages and to be in official use at provincial level while keeping English at the center. Killing our identity is what Urdu did.
read urdu hindi controversy Urdu is symbol of Sub continent Muslims

Regional languages are part of our culture and ethnic identity while urdu is good for national identity as it bind our relationship with others ethnic groups of Pakistan. You will not become English just by giving up all local languages and adopting English..what next? Shalwar kameez is useless..our local food is rubbish..our music is shit..your skin colour is shit so let bleach your face or do plastic surgery to look like spanish, english or french lol
he is known anti national and Pakistan hatter
Screenshot (83).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    375.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom