What's new

Urdu was enforced on us, says Rabbani

Does some give a fk of what an Afghanis thinks ? I believe not.

How about you mind your own fking business, or learn urdu and try to integrate in Pakistani society. You see buddy boy you have no right to suggest you ain't citizen or national of pakistan nor youre

It is not Afghani. It is Afghan. Afghani is the currency.

As a Pashtun it is my business what happens to the plight of Pashto language anywhere in the world.

P.S. learn some basic manners

It is not Afghani. It is Afghan. Afghani is the currency.

As a Pashtun it is my business what happens to the plight of Pashto language anywhere in the world.

P.S. learn some basic manners
Oh please. Youre not PAkistani first of all. Sort your country first of Bachabaazi, Drugs and what not. Then come to language. Oh you have forsaken your land. Talk about helping it. Pff

How did urdu killed our identity and while english a foreign language to whole of sub-continent preserved it ?
Regional languages would be given official status at provincial level. This would preserve 'our identity'. It is rather simple. Also, learning English has a lot of benefits while Urdu outside of Pakistan is pretty much useless.
I believe you're another one of those shitty ethnicity freak
Wanting to preserve regional languages makes me an 'ethnicity freak'? Are you retarded?

We live in a land of multiple cultures, religions and languages. To communicate successfully we need a single language. Historically Urdu has been that language. On a national level it should remain so, but it should not be the only language people are taught. My father went to school in the 50's, he was taught Arabic, Persian, Urdu and English in school. There is no reason why our children cannot be multi lingual (whatever language they should choose to learn). In the UK everyone is taught English and you get to choose upto 2 foreign langauges to learn, based on what the school can facilitate.

I've always though teaching should be re-enforced in the local mother tongue of the children being taught. I'd much rather a pushto speaking scientist who understands science, rather than an English speaking parrot who's only understanding of science is by rote.

In metropolitian areas teaching in the mother tongue alone can be difficult. There are plenty of non Sindhi speakers in Karachi and plenty of people who don't speak punjabi in Lahore. It's important that teachers are bi-lingual and can speak the mother tongue and Urdu. Teaching should be done in a mix of the two languages to help understanding and to build the ability to communicate the understanding. Our pushto speaking scientist is going to be in trouble finding a job in Islamabad if he can only demonstrate his understanding in pushto.

The identity of politics of language must be left to the side and you must focus on practicality instead.

I agree with the idea of compulsory Urdu and any other regional language of choice.

English should only be taught as a foreign language.

Every developed nation in the world developed in their own native national language.

Germany, Japan, China, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, France, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Russia, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland...

All of these countries developed in their own languages and - if at all - English is taught there as a foreign language.

We should adopt the same policy, English is fast becoming a status symbol in Pakistan and that MUST be undone!

Jones you are wrong
Prove it. Which is know no body can. Urdu was used as a language of Muslims and all Muslims of subcontinent know it very well because they are practically using them since 1837 because it was official language of subcontinent. The people who don't know the independence movement don't know that Two nation theory was come out due to Hindu opposition on Urdu. So keep posting without prove.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindi–Urdu_controversy
https://www.dawn.com/news/826542

Last edited:
Ham aik dosrey sey bat kiya afriki mein karein?
He is just a troll who has deep hatred for army and our national symbols he just made a monument for democracy just so that parliament gets something similar to yadgare shuhada he is most vocal opponent of military courts
some one tell this guy that it is because of urdu we can communicate with everyone in the country and in a way urdu is what has kept this country united.without it everyone still be fighting to make his ethnic language the national one and rest of the provinces opposing it

true.. Pakistan should get rid of it, impose Hindko as National language [most punjabi and pashtun can understand it]... Atleast we can call it ours.

Our regional language are our heritage and culture going all the way back to the Indus civilization. While we speak our regional languages, Urdu provide us the medium to communicate with people from other parts of Pakistan. This d!ckhead would gladly make English as the official lingo of Pakistan with heart beat if given chance. Another libturd.

Angrez to chulaigai peeche pillay chore gai
انگریزوں کا پلا بننا عربوں کا پلا بننے سے لاکھوں گنا بہتر ہے۔
Ironically, I had to use Urdu to respond to you. :hitwall:
You see why I rate this language so low.

You know, if children were given education in their mother tongue in government school all over rural Pakistan, the literacy rate would have been much better. They talk to their parents, friends etc. in another language but are given education in school in another one. No wonder the abysmal state of education in the country.

We live in a land of multiple cultures, religions and languages. To communicate successfully we need a single language. Historically Urdu has been that language.

Actually, Farsi was that language, historically. Not Urdu.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom