What's new

Upgrading Pakistan’s Special Operations Forces in a cost effective way.

Yup I agree with you. By the Grace of Allah Almighty SSG has defeated the best. Can you pleae shed some light on why SSG Janbazs don't practice anonymity?
And what is C-Clamp grip for weapons?
C-Clamp is way of holding a rifle in which your support hand is placed further down just behind end of hand gaurd.
Your Support hand thumb is above hand guard making a C-Shape with hand not to the side in traditional grip. You may or may not need rails extension.
1607450194567.png

IT Controls the Vertical Climb of the end of rifle. Thus helping you sending more accurate fire down range.

You don't want to keep your elbow on the level of rifle you'll get tired. Keep it below little bit.

SEE HOW HIS THUMB IS PLACED OVER RAIL. THERE IS THIS PICTURE AND THEN STUPID STUFF LIKE THE LINK YOU SHARED.
1607450007423.png

Don’t you think our M-4s are bit old looking don’t have modern accessories which do look cool but they are very helpful.
First and foremost, Rail extension
1607449751925.png

Yeah they sound crazy so why extended rail system.
Firstly, there’s the way it’s mounted - the KAC M4 RAS uses the original delta ring and front handguard ring, meaning a shift in the rail system (from gripping, rests, barricades) is translated to the barrel, affecting accuracy. Systems like the DD RIS II use a barrel ring or other method at the receiver end which means the handguard does not contact the barrel further down, “free floating” the handguard and resulting in little to no accuracy shift.

Secondly, you have more rail space closer to the muzzle. This allows you to mount accessories not only in such a way that you’re afforded a better grip on the weapon, but also for weapon lights to be mounted so that they cause less shadow (barrel/muzzle blocking light beam and limiting FOV) as well as glare (light bouncing off the barrel/muzzle affecting vision and giving away position).

It's the matter of holding a rifle the proper way regardless of the grip.

Watch these videos full of knowledege.

Just one small correction: we don't use FAST helmets. Those are made by Ops Core. According to my cousin currently serving in the SSG, they use MICH 2001 helmets with rail systems.
Viper A3 helmets are being introduced to the group now as well.

Assalam O Alaikum
@Metal 0-1 Yup I agree with you about the C-Clamp grip. The Vertical-Grip also does good. I think they might have improvised on "How to use the vertical grip" or learned it during their joint exercise with Turkish, Russian, Azerbaijan, etc. SOF. Not everything get shown in the video. The joint exercise videos were only the overview of the exercise. Not only they visited Pakistan but SSG also visited their countries. I think they might already have some science in place. Turkey used C-Clamp during Ataturk. Tactics can't be old school. They just worked in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Iman is the best strategy.(I don't mean they should not upgrade in weapons). Russian and others(might be even America, India and Israel) supported Armenia.

Does anyone has contacts with Real SSG Janbazs ? Can you ask them these questions?

One thing more:
How useful is humint vs sigint, …, etc? How meaningful is cyberwarfare for CIA, NSA, MI(UK), Mossad, R&AW, ISI, etc. against each other & against terrorist and insurgent groups? Do SOF need to learn cyberwarfare?

Last edited:
Viper A3 helmets are being introduced to the group now as well.
They are not.
Assalam O Alaikum
@Metal 0-1 Yup I agree with you about the C-Clamp grip. The Vertical-Grip also does good. I think they might have improvised on "How to use the vertical grip" or learned it during their joint exercise with Turkish, Russian, Azerbaijan, etc. SOF. Not everything get shown in the video. The joint exercise videos were only the overview of the exercise. Not only they visited Pakistan but SSG also visited their countries. I think they might already have some science in place. Turkey used C-Clamp during Ataturk. Tactics can't be old school. They just worked in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Iman is the best strategy.(I don't mean they should not upgrade in weapons). Russian and others(might be even America, India and Israel) supported Armenia.

Does anyone has contacts with Real SSG Janbazs ? Can you ask them these questions?

One thing more:
How useful is humint vs sigint, …, etc? How meaningful is cyberwarfare for CIA, NSA, MI(UK), Mossad, R&AW, ISI, etc. against each other & against terrorist and insurgent groups? Do SOF need to learn cyberwarfare?

Please keep this thread to the point. If you have some suggestions and Ideas please put forward.

Assalam o Alaikum

@Metal 0-1 can you explain what is happening in this video and how it can be implemented on our SOF?

Not fancy stuff.

Just Shooting drills. Reaction to contact from high ready/low ready. Transition to sidearm.

Shooting while moving. Transition while moving.

Shooting from different positions.

Pak SF pretty much do this stuff.

Not fancy stuff.

Just Shooting drills. Reaction to contact from high ready/low ready. Transition to sidearm.

Shooting while moving. Transition while moving.

Shooting from different positions.

Pak SF pretty much do this stuff.
Thanks for the answer but bro
Actually I was asking about the Extended Rails on the Carbines
and the non-magnified red dot sight( I think it is the same model as Pak SF) and the other non-expensive gear etc.
I think we really need extended rails for C-Clamp
Mechanix gloves

Back
Top Bottom