What's new

Upgrading Pakistan’s Special Operations Forces in a cost effective way.

The first para of this story is factually wrong. Rest is generally fine. Moreover, the bodies of the dead commandos were not thrown into river.

It would be interesting if you can find from somewhere what happened to the Terrorist commander (who was responsible for their beheading) once he was captured.....
Will love to hear it.

Our brotherly country like Turkey can help us in this regard. They are making all of these things. They are of good quality and not that expensive as products form USA or Europe. Some other European countries are also making good products which are cheaper than USA products for example Poland and Italy and few others.
Only if Boomer Uncles will stop poking their head around useless stuff.

All SSG ive seen recently are equipped with fast helmets and plate carriers. 14 is pretty much standard. I do agree bout the other stuff.

That said SSW and Navy are much better equipped due to their size.

[/QUOTE]
All SSG ive seen recently are equipped with fast helmets and plate carriers. 14 is pretty much standard. I do agree bout the other stuff.

That said SSW and Navy are much better equipped due to their size.

*MICH 2001 style helmet with arc rails.

SSG-N possibly using Dual tube NVGs too but rarely.

a thread for the shiny kit envy. :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: I guess you (kit envy) boys have zero belief in the power of faith?

a thread for the shiny kit envy. :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: I guess you (kit envy) boys have zero belief in the power of faith?

If you have strongest possible faith, you still need arms and legs to fight if you dont have anything else.

Our faith teaches tie your camel and then put your trust in Allah.

Ever seen people who only study until last day get 1st position??

That shiny kit complements the your skills and way you fight. If faith is all that matters why spending billions of dollars on jets, tanks and ships. You can fight with muskets, flintlocks your great grandfather rusted rifle. Use bow and arrow replace mortars. Use wooden dinghy instead of frigates. We can also use trained falcons to throw pebbles at enemies why need f-16.

"Looking cool/being presentable is definitely a thing. Public(Respected Units around the world) perception is very important. We don't want to look like slobs who carry rag and tag gear and rusted AK.

We should want to look "Professional" and look the part. It's not so much the "cool" part but the "well-maintained" part.

WELL REGULATED MEANS WELL MAINTAINED
1606635874644.png

1606636231506.png

1606636422521.png

Few Years ago, not so long.
1606636695895.png

If they don't show off how will they get bachiyaan??
Assalam O Alaikum
Buddy still I think there must be some anonymity. And they are that much professional at least. Other SOF also look cool even when they are anonymous.
Anything else you guys know about Rest of my Questions?
Btw recently even regular army officers and soldiers are not allowed to have smart phones at least not during working hours and not to share something on the phone even if you think you are talking to your friend or colleague etc. Because of the indian cyberwarfare thing..

Assalam O Alaikum
Buddy still I think there must be some anonymity. And they are that much professional at least. Other SOF also look cool even when they are anonymous.
Anything else you guys know about Rest of my Questions?
Btw recently even regular army officers and soldiers are not allowed to have smart phones at least not during working hours and not to share something on the phone even if you think you are talking to your friend or colleague etc. Because of the indian cyberwarfare thing..

I knew guys who hadn't even passed cadet college trying to impress girls by posting pictures in their uniform which kinda looks like Army uniforms.

How good are Pakistan SSG (tactics, etc.) compared to modern SOF or are the just desi style?

How good are they compared to this:
Here's a video of SSG(very old):
A special force is always dependant upon leadership for planning and execution. Thats is where the habibis are always lacking. They might have good jcos and ncos but officers have a lot of tribal and other types of politics. Hurts spirite de corps.

Assalam o Alaikum

Yup they are still learning. What if they join the Jews? There oil won't save them always.
Any comment on the SSG?

We can make all this locally requires minor R&D effort , with local manufacturers
It just comes down to

"Who will make the efffort to upgrade those Toyota Trucks to a high end APC?" OR
Who will setup a minor scientific/Engineering research group to make these ground level changes for Troop's gear

Back
Top Bottom